Estoc Trials - Long User Names

Discussion in 'Past Events' started by admin, May 2, 2013.

1. Your name displays. You do not need to change anything.
    YOu dont need $2

[​IMG]

This name does not display (notice the ... at the end)
    [​IMG]

and before you say get a bigger screen...
    [​IMG]

It doesnt matter. It exploits the limitations of the User Interface

2. The only players that ask another player to leave a thread are the threads owner, and mods.

Youv'e been asked to leave, and haven't. If you want to know why, you've been posting off topic remarks the entire thread.

3. After wulfs post, there should be no more discussion at all. Good day 
    

4. Pummellor Nice an massive support! Let them keep their names. No free nobs!  Announce clan roster #s w/ KO and this will not be an issue whatsoever. 

5. So I'm guessing u paying I'm not wasting 20nobs there's worse than this that spoils it

6. I hate my name lol but I'm not wasting more money on a free game lmao

7. The Worms don't need to change their names.
    It fits.

8. It's fine lol it brill lol

drunken

9. Free nobs is not warranted in my opinion.
    They chose these names with intent to exploit the system.
    At best they should be allowed to have the W's & M's or whatever long letters they are using removed from their names at no charge but not a complete free change of their own choice.

I will send that idea in feedback now.

10. If you don't want to spend $2 then you better start hitting those quests.

11. It's there to be exploited, so devs should either limit max characters for names and / or compensate 20 nobs.

12. If someone has a name that breaks tou, they get a free name change.
    I am not going to pay to change my name now, when I broke no rules at all. If my name is not acceptable, give me a free name change.

13. Don't change name then don't war it's your choice

14. This reply applies to all others asking for a free name change.

You are free to keep your name and continue playing, but If you want to participate in any future Estoc Trials, then your name will change, or we will remove rewards from you.

It is clear what your intention was when you made the change, you benefitted from it already. The rules have evolved so that this is no longer allowed. It is your choice if you want to continue. If it was a grey area where it wasn't clear an exploit was made, I would be inclined to give out free name changes. In this case, it is clear you knew exactly what you were doing when you created the name, and why you did it.

15. So what about me  I'm off the screen  am I legal?????

Good trackers have ideas on how to find these ppl .The only real hard part is the time

Btw I liked pummellor comment on pg4 or that u get a link to the koer when the message comes up

16. Everyone's names will go back to normal w/ a quickness if clan roster #s are added to KO announcements!  It would also stop BFA boosts an roster changes mid war..When your KO, #displayed. No cheating. Lets see how real skill is played out!! 

17. When the hell this gonna happen as I haven't got payed yet so no name change yet and tbh stupidity on your behalf  Kaw is **** enough as it is lol why do I keep playing this rubbish hahah but still I can't change name for while when this come into place

18. But you guys allow these long user names now you ban them ???

19. I don't understand how name changes is an exploit, it's strategy, and you can still be tracked

20. Perfect solution.
    Except it would take weeks to program a new user interface. :cry: