Estoc Trials - Long User Names

Discussion in 'Past Events' started by admin, May 2, 2013.

1. Drgn please ban hammer that nub

2. AZ there was a worm that actually said he got a message to

3. I believe im a N00B not a nub and please tell me what rule have I broken

4. brazer are u that dumb to not realize drgn is a forum mod? if he says leave then get out. i hope he drops the ban hammer on u

5. Being a stupid troll on a thread and not leaving when a mod asked

6. the worm that said he got the msg was joking, wow some got it, and some dont LOL :mrgreen:

7. Just to clarify, I was the worm saying I got the message, I then posted the full lyrics to 'Never gonna give you up'. I also stated that my alt, lllllllllRickRolledlllllllllll got the message.

...and yet you still take my post seriously? *facepalm*

-Spy

8. I'm not a troll I'm just stating my idiotic opinion and drgn can't force me to get out only kaw_admin can

9. ^LOL told ya

10. (/).-) you are so stupid

11. Butt*

12. Am i am I really  Thanks bro 

13. Yes very stupid

14. Oh thanks for the spelling check avatar

15. Thanks worm 

16. You really aren't getting it.
    The issue isn't that the names look the same its that they cannot be read in their entirety.

These types of names are designed with the only differentiating letters hidden off screen beyond the reach of the user interface. They cannot be copied, pasted, or differentiated from the dozens of other duplicate names.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

While barcode names piss me off they are a strategic part of many clan's war strategies.
    They are allowed.
    However, defeating the user interface by using names with very broad letters that cannot be displayed on any screen creates an imbalance.

Simply changing the UI is not an easy thing and could take weeks.

The act was not illegal or against the rules.
    No one is being punished, or banned, or having their reward removed.
    People are simply being informed that this is unforeseen activity in the development of the system but it is not within the spirit of the tournament and therefore is no longer allowed in the tournament.

Barcodes are still allowed.

17. I try

18. I don't have $2.

19. I don't care whether you can track it or see a report or whatever, it's just gotten so ridiculous when half the people you're warring have names you can't even tell apart, where's the fun and spirit of warring in that? Might as well all change to barcode and call it Kingdom of Barcodes

20. Yea cuz camo has never been a part of any war. I mean seriously why would someone want to blend in? Omg