Estoc Trials - Long User Names

Discussion in 'Past Events' started by admin, May 2, 2013.

1. instead of changing names why dont you upgarde ur text system?????

2. I like how you targeted a specific type of clan. This is no more an advantage than the worms do.

3. The names are fine. Using them in an EE war is not.
    Maybe reread the first post.

4. I think its possible to track those names I can send screenshot from desktop that I ca clearly see long names with MWMWMWMWMW and pdpdpdpdpdpdpd. if devs want them to change name they should provide them 20nobs for change name.

5. sucks to be you guys. Hahahaha

~RUS

6. I'm not so worried about long user names, but a big one that needs to be fixed is not being able to hit hansels when they get low on spies and no adp. Keep getting dtw message

7. If you're going to ban WWWWs then barcodes need to be banned as well!

8. and

Read first post - page 9

Barcodes are fine - names that extend beyond the the UI are not.

9. Other people benefited from exploits with no punishment. Especially the land trick exploit. those exploiting the old tower build mechanics were even rewarded with a free rebuild of their kingdom.
    We changed our name to level the playing field against clans using this against us, and we get a financial penalty if we want to war again.
    You need to be consistent and fair KAW Admin.

10. I think this rule is rediculous! I dont have a long name, but i can track them just fine! Just cuz some dont want to do the extra effort, doesnt mean they take a fun challenge from the rest of us :( and if u want them to change their names, dont be cheap devs, grant the nobs!

11. I'm in favor of banning exploits such as long names but let's ban the initial exploit that started all this nonsense as well: Barcodes

12. THERE IS SO MANY OPTIONS AND THEY ARE CHOSING THE COSTLY ONE

13. Yah Skin, 2 dollars breaks the bank :roll:

14. The answer is simple . Allow a maximum number of characters per name.

15.  @ wks to program. I would definitely be on board for EE, as many as I could possibly do, if that one little tweak was in place. Just lost faith in doing lately as all I see are exploits 90% of the wars I have done. 

16. If one kind of "barcode" name isnt allowed, Every clan full of members with barcodes should have to change, Not just one form of it. That is singling out clans that utilize that form of barcoding, and not others. The devs need to either allow it, or not allow it. Not pick and choose which barcodes are okay and which are not, regardless of compensating them for the name change thats beside the point.

17. Waaaaaaa waaaaa call the waaaambulance it's your choice guys you can keep your names  just EB instead

18. why do we have to adapt to every thing they say? they can adapt to our way for once

19. I bet cherry has long barcode alt lmao.

Ofcourse they will pick costly one. They are punishing you idiots.

~RUS

20. How can you force someone to spend money on a name change when the rules allow the name? SMH nerds