Clans with "No Forums" Policies

Discussion in 'Wars' started by *OoS-Imitation-Cheese (01), Mar 27, 2013.

1. Thanks for the thread cheese.I need a good read since the Apoc/Zaft war thread seems to be dying out and this seems like it will suffice.

2. First off ...YO JIMMY!!!! Next WASSUP CHEEZY POOH!!

As for gag orders and what not forums is what you make it. You can learn a lot and contribute to the community OR noob out and get farmed mercilessly. Ultimately the choice is yours. 

3. Looking at the laugh emoticon from an android is really weird...

4. Another reason is because players can be tracked on forums for strips. There is a "hide me" option, but not everyone uses it (knows how to; where it is).

5. Yes and no. But you still bring up a good point.

It's easy to counter this by posting when you'd normally be asleep, but you're right - posting in forums provides lots of great tracking data - I've personally used it many times to successfully strip my opponents.

6. When i was in Apoc i could post in forums, they understood i had been here for so long. War threads are a no no which is fine with me.

7. I always thought the reason for the policy was that forums is a public place, and it's so easy to get upset/angry in forums and get caught up in the moment and potentially post something that either makes themselves, their clan, or someone else upset.

Plus they may want to discourage having any public negative interactions (aside from being in a war), so that nothing can come back and bite em in the ass.

So yeah, you're right. They don't want them to embarrass their clan. But that's a great enough reason for me!

So I understand why some clans have a forum policy. But I think if they do, they should be told why, perhaps educated, and then punished if they do in fact break the rule. I wouldn't have a total ban on forums though, just that if they make themselves or the clan look stupid then there'll be a consequence for it.

8. Yes. Avoiding war threads makes sense to me.

9. That's how I did it in OoS.

Give people a heads up about forum conduct and then let them make their own fate. I never had an issue with my members causing trouble in forums. I was always the one to do that. :mrgreen:

10. Oh, and hai, spankypoo <3 :cool:

11. Isn't that obvious?

I always thought this was just the reason. Most are soldiers. Don't speak out against your family. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. Etc, etc.

That's not really a startling revelation. I totally agree about the "forum noobs" and all the other stuff being BS, but there's nothing groundbreaking in controlling forum posts. It gives the illusion of total control and discipline. It's been like that since olden days, man. Thousands of years.

12. Who does that ridiculous name belong to? Lol

13. I don't agree with anyone talking to Phil. It is as bad as creating an alt to post your thoughts, which, sadly enough, is a little bit more honorable than PM'ing Phil. :lol:

I know LR has no policy for forums, and it is seemingly awesome. Especially when they have some brilliant minds that concoct decent arguments. Forums are built for ****-talking. But if you have a person that constantly gets owned, and makes you look like sugar-high 8th graders arguing at the playground, people sometimes get the hammer, or their clan looks foolish.

Not necessarily.

I imagine a clan owner or admin would come here and tell you to go back under your bridge. Or perhaps explain their case, but either way. Go back under your bridge. :lol:

14. Clans have no forums policies?? What is wrong with them??

15. @ stravinsk - you're right. I guess I really shouldn't be surprised about it. It is just part of the illusion of war.

Spankeypoo is my man lover from long, long ago, formerly known as Spankdawg, OoS-Spankdawg-UnP, and OoS-Spankdawg. Now he is a silly barcoded spankdawg. I still love him, though - barcoded or unbarcoded.

16. Oh, Willy. You make me laugh, bro. :lol:

I especially liked the part about PMing Phil being worse than posting with an alt. :eek:

17. I dunno, I kinda like the idea of this third-party reporter behind the lines.

KaW is kind of a microcosm of the real world with its own politics, economy, social rules, niches, etc etc. I think it's cool that just like in the real world when people speak with reporters off the record, there exists the same thing in KaW.

Or is there an ulterior motive here? Do you not like Phil because you enjoy being the only guy who interviews people? THE TRUTH COMES OUT HERE FOLKS. :D

18. Mmmmmm. Homos.

19. :shock: