Estoc Trials - Long User Names

Discussion in 'Past Events' started by admin, May 2, 2013.

1. You can see our names on PC, which means that this thread is wrong, if u wana change app so u can move name like you can your banner do so

2. I think the devs just want a pay bonus from u WWWWW guys

3. That's all this is, just a way to make more money, because they no they can get away with it

4. FireSword, Barcoding is a war strategy, and a very good one. It keeps people off your back easier and it's harder to track.

5. It has nothing to do with "losing their upperhand" as you put it, Its simply wrong to ask one group of people to pay to change their name, when other doing similar things are not. Being forced to do something out of the blue that wasnt a problem before is the issue, and singling out specific barcode names and not ALL barcode names.

And if its a war strat, then allow all of them.

6. The real reason this is being changed is because some LB players have made threats about leaving as they have little war experience. LB players spen massive ammounts of money on this game and therefore control it's development. What is funny is that ATA can not uphold this name change without offering a credit as you have not violated ToS.

As a paying customer you are entitled to rights as well and ATA would open themselves up to litigation for making a nerf like this. If you don't believe me look at games like Evony and Astro Empires who both suffered legal suits based on similar issues.

7. I'm sick of this discussion lets just say debs doing it to get more money wow I legal to have them not in war wtf that why people get them

8. It's NOT a bar coding issue. By all account keep the WWWWVWWW names, but those with them will NEED to shorten them enough to be visible in their entirety. That's it.

9. The hell do the LBers have to do with this. Your exploiting the system. Change your name or don't war simple. Am glad devs are taking care of this. But i do agree that devs should gift the nobs to the players. Their gonna make some quick cash if everyone with a barcode buys 20nobs :x

10. That is a good point, Im sure the devs pander to those players who have spent insane amounts of money on this FREE online game. When 10 players on the LB probably give the devs 25%+ of all the money they make, Would make sense regardless of what the majority say they would do what they asked.

11. They are not "fixing" anything. They are splitting hairs between one kind of barcode strat and another. To really "fix" this they need to remove all barcode names from the game, or allow them all.

12. My main account is lb player don't whine they should get over it and stop being pussies and I don't spend much on this I make 50-100b a day of ally trading they just stupid cring cause they can't war dude there's a guy in pa -dt- a lb player great at war he doesn't seem to have a problem

All I say to other fellow lb players stop being pussies grow balls and war properly with these strategies

Drunken - this is not the lb account not am I gonna tell any one

13. Ok. I am done with this thread.

I will leave with a summary:
    1. - The issue isn't barcodes its names that use characters making the name so long that they do not display on any screen except via mouseover.

- No one broke any rules which is why no one is being sanctioned.

- Changing a UI requires development as well as submission time. "Fix the system" surely is being considered but its not just as easy as a few key strokes.

- I sent feedback asking devs to consider removing "some" of the offending letters (maybe 10 or so) to make the names legal at no charge if requested by the player. They have yet to respond to this recommendation but it seems more fair to me than saying "hey you worked a loop hole so here is free nobility"
      If you feel the same maybe send feedback/email too.
      (Though since the devs jump at everything I tell them to do you should have no worries, right? :roll: )

14.  support

15. Wulf, holds the prophecy. :cool:

16. point has been made, if you do not understand, I'm positive there is one post on this thread you can find helpful

17. FYI wulf its not free nobs but a free name change

18. ^ if the devs gave you free nobs to make the name change, how are they supposed to know that you won't use it for something else?

19. This was not explained clearly and most people aren't understanding.

if your name is M or W (only M or W all the way till last digit) the name takes up so much room that only thing reported is an M or W.

It is exactly the same and impossible to track.

If just a single . - or letter change is different before your name falls off screen you should be fine (you still have a unique name however similar looking to others in clan)

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM1
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM2

Will both only show up EXACTLY the same as:

MMMMMMMMMMMMMM.....
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMM.....

That is the exploit - everyone else just calm down

This goes for any name EXACTLY the same as others that falls off the page before they differ.

Kaw has just said have something however small in your name that makes it unique before it falls off to .......

They aren't banning bar codes or any similar clan name changes for strategy 99% of you are fine

20. Because your name wouldn't be changed n ur at risk to losing rewards, im sure they can send news to u to where only ur name is changed and not even give nobs