Clan Ad Spam Rule

Discussion in 'Questions/Feedback' started by kaw_admin, May 30, 2013.

1. Get ready to see the forums filled with clan ads. Once people get fearful of or can't post in wc they will come to the forums. Even if the ad gets locked it will stay in active topics longer than any ad would in wc and many would have seen it.

2. Greatness has a point.

3. I give it thumbs up. Been needing this forever

4. Oh, and unless I haven't made this clear yet, I support this all the way through. Good job Devs, and keep up the good work

And thank you (in advance ;) ) for the extra moderation that will be necessary

5. Question: There are 2 wc's. So is it max 4 Ads pr 5 min in total for both wc's. Or max 4 in each wc?

And you should really make a seperate ad Channel!

And now we are at it - sry a bit off topic - but how about an admin chat next to clan chat?? :)

6. Oh, forgot. What about when wc goes by super fast and u only have Like 1-2 min wc available :( Plz make wc history longerWe dont all Got time to sit and watch wc for 5 min before posting 

7. It should not let you post the ad rather than silence you

8. I support the spirit of this rule. For this to work well 2 things should happen as well.
    1- make wc history longer 5 minutes minimum
    2- silences should not be permanent for 3rd offence. Maybe 5 or 10 but 3 is still in the realm of mistakes. I could see a lot of noobs getting Perm silence and quitting game. Would be unfortunate.
    I kinda like the art that goes into some of the ads and sometimes they go by so quickly I can't look at them well enough.
    Here is a thought....if the wc history were longer and people could see more of the previous posts clans would not need to post as many ads to get the same message out.

9. What will happen....
    If I post 4X of a clan's ad with 2 of my accounts... Such that the moment a clan member of that clan post an ad, he'll be silenced?
    What a witty way to get a member silenced of the clan you hate. :p

10. Now that the clan spam issue is being addressed can we look into the "kawstitutes" who keep selling themselves on the WC corner? Its so bad I refuse to take my kids for a walk anymore

11. Try keeping them at home. :|

12. I think you guys should just make separate wc one for chat and one for clan ads, because if ask me I know it's called "world chat"but that's what your wall and private chat are for, no one wants to see your conversations, cause none cares-at least I don't-so stop being a baby about it.

13.  Good play ATA  thank you

14. Why not make a "Ad Chat". Or a place for clans to post their ads in categories. I know it would be a lot if work, but I bet the players would love it!

15. Honestly have to agree with the 'ad chat' idea. No doubt it would be difficult and time/money consuming, but if people want to talk, wc should be the first stop, Ad chat being for ads only.

Cons of it being how do you moderate what's an ad and what's spam etc.

16. Will devs implement one of forum rules in wc?since it is world chat ,people shld be englitened to use only English in wc if devs want to filter adds

17. This is awesome--now every single person can spam for the eb they want. If this gas already been said oh well I don't bother reading this crap

18. I guess I'll have fun helping some clans with their ads just to get their 5th member silenced ;-)