Clan Ad Spam Rule

Discussion in 'Questions/Feedback' started by kaw_admin, May 30, 2013.

1. People will need to start paying more attention.

2. Yes great idea let's free up wc so more people can say they're bored and need someone to talk to 

3. Anything for wall posts or just wc for now?

4. If the devs are soo concerned with the # of ads posted in wc then why dont they set up a separate chat just for ads Its these ads that help ppl look for clans running these ebs that they want equipment from

5. I agree but 5 is a bit much try 10

6. Dragonstar, 4 ads from the same clan within 5 minutes is still plenty of advertising.

7. No support goddamn it. How are non-forumers going to know? How are players able to monitor the amount of ads if wc only generally has posts from 2-3 mins ago? How will we know if we should post or not? Everyone will be afraid to post ads.
    Stupid idea :roll:

8. @ -Deadly- there's already rules in place for wall spam :)

9. This alone makes it a fantabulous idea.

10. Five min is a long time to keep track of who's put ads out :/ seems to have complicated things greatly

11. Does anybody else picture this not working out?

12. We'll see how it goes. I say that not as a fan of WC ads, but theres clearly a market for it and this solution seems a bit like putting a band-aid on an infected wound.

I fully anticipate entertaining myself a month from now by farming WC eb requests in wc instead of clan ads. I'm picturing the removed supply of eb ads replaced by a deluge of "I need Terrain traveler" or some other kind of repetitive eb related requests flooding WC.

So I'm happy that this rule has been implemented BC the ads suck, but I don't think it will fix the issue without an alternative venue being provided for the eb jumpers and eb jumper dependant clans to trade services or interact.

13. Absolutely stupid rule,most of the conversations in wc involve people spouting useless drivel,saying they hate gays or that Jesus is coming why not just create a separate wc for ads or is that to difficult for you to do?????
    Would like to think that the amount of money I spend on this game went to a good use,not just coming up with pathetic rules like this one!

14. I say just an Ad Chat for this.

1. If you post an Ad in WC you get silenced in WC only.

Simple.

15. I think a better solution would be to have a wc bulletin board: wc_bb: the only place ads are allowed.

Maybe even 2 subsections: "Join Us"

16. ...Maybe even 2 subsections: "Join Us"

17. I think the main argument against an ad chat channel is the lag it could create when implemented.

18. Woot finally a fix.

19. ...Maybe even 2 subsections: "Join Us" and "Help Us".

Just keep current wc for *actual* chat.