Clan Ad Spam Rule

Discussion in 'Questions/Feedback' started by kaw_admin, May 30, 2013.

1. PURE BULL CRAP!
    -If you want to chat on wc, you can. Ads or no ads. Those backing this this new rule are long time players whos clans may not need to ad out to get some help. Or just "farmers" who just fail ebs either way. But Im sure at one point they also made use of ads to helps their clans.

Any who. It may be a good idea to create a page specifically

2. New page just for ads. And any one looking for an eb can just look at that.

3. @ IRunMyMouthWayTooMuch: Actually I'm talking about when I visit back to back clans like the one you mentioned. Maybe the mods have no life and like staring at chat constantly when they are on, but I can guarantee you that most people don't. It's a cop-out solution to a problem that doesn't hurt anybody except people that can't seem to figure out PMs.

Yes the spam is a little out of control. Does it really hurt anyone though? Heck, I think it adds something for clans to do when they see bored. Hit the spammers. It's fun, you should try it.

4. This is a great idea in theory, but in practice, this is not going to work out well.
    I can see many people getting silenced for unknowingly trying to recruit people to their clan.
    There are some instances where a clan needs to desperately recruit, for instance at the start of a tough eb, or when time is tight towards the end. Take a silence for the clan to finish? Maybe. More than likely this will just anger many.
    Besides those desperate situations, most silences will probably be accidental and unknowing. Some might say, just look back 5 minutes in wc history. That's a great solution for pc users, but phones and idevices can hardly look back 1 minute at times. Again, increasing the number of these unknowing silences.
    This rule should not be implemented, and could be detrimental to clans. But, if you decide you HAVE to implement it, there is one option that might work...

Make these silences (of wc only) last for either 12 or 24 hours and not have them lead or influence perm silences if multiple offenses.

This will temporarily stop your unwanted spam ads without having unnecessary punishment for offenses where the majority are accidental.
    Thanks for taking the time to read this, and I hope you take this suggestion into consideration. To all you fellow kawers, I hope you agree with this as well!

5. Will the diff world chat like eu,as and us be separated? (I hope)

6. If devs would upgrade clan events / epic battles info to make it at all worthwhile clan ads would be greatly reduced. As is the EBs displayed are worthless

7. Support 

8. To me that simplest method to cut down on clan ads in world chat is as follows.

Number one prioritize the clan events page by epic battle. That way it is easier for everyone to find the epic they're looking for. This will HELP cut down on requests to find them and hopefully ads too.

Give admins the ability to put a SOS flag on his clans epic to push it up the event list.

Number two- Create a clan ad channel, minimally, entirely separate from wc. Ban ALL ADS. You could also create a "want ad' section that clans can use to filter applications.

MERCENARIES NEEDED
    DESERT STING
    MY CLAN
    STAT MIN
    WARRIOR- 2M Att/1m Def
    SPY- 1M s att/1M S Def
    Must have- Sickle
    Tap to join

WARRIORS NEEDED
    MY CLAN
    STAT MIN
    WARRIOR- 2M Att/1m Def
    SPY- 1M s att/1M S Def
    Must Have- NA
    Tap to join

other helpful suggestions

eliminate all of the kingdoms that have been inactive for a long time I know you guys are working on that but there's still way too many in active kingdoms.

put some limit on the number of new Clans can be created.

Id also like the ability to search clan names using partial text. That way you could find clans with particular themes easier. .

9. I'd rather see a completely dead wc then one full of ads. If people didn't talk for 5 straight days it would be an improvement over the way it is now.

10. Sign sign everywhere a sign do this don't Do that can you read the sign.

11. I'm unsure if anyone has mentioned this yet, but if I'm fighting a clan and want to screw em over, I'd post the 4th and 3rd ads to get members silenced. Unlikely a mod could check the individual players clans every time, and it would serve as a way to screw over enemy clans. They could have two or three more people after me post ads and get silenced.

Just a thought.

12.  That is funny and I can see that being useful for tormenting people.
    :lol:

13. Yeah dont think this will work out.
    Will be fun to watch tho 

14. Oh ****  there is going to be a lot of silences

15. This is Ridiculous❗How much more control do you have to have over us??

16. Lame question: Ads number counts for both servers or less than 5 in each one? 

17. You have to be staring at WC thinking it's a chat line for adds to annoy you. If you are staring at WC your ****** up not WC.
    This is an old rule deactivated Was stupid then, real stupid now.
    The tattlers while be calling the mall cops " oh they did 5 adds, I took ss cause I have nothing better to do than stare at WC"
    Sure are a bunch of whiners on this game.

18. This is just pathetic.. Now they cant even ad out.. Just ridiculous as always

19. Gonna be funny when noobs get silenced and rage in forums