my name is Gerty and I will get you

Discussion in 'Wars' started by __AnotherNoob__, May 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. They can only ban Amelia, as gerty account hasn't said anything wrong.

2. Guys, me n Alison don't get along. But lay off on her race,marriage,friends and real life stuff. Keep this to what it is, a game.

3. lock this irrelevant thread

4. Hop on over to Future Combat and see -Gerty- Alison, the-silent-one, and whatever other alts try and talk smack in another game -twiggy- lol ... You poor fool .... It is in active topics "Future Combat Coalition", third to last page

5. I'm not anyone's alt?

6. Piss off Orpheus you prick.

7. Alison, take your meds!

8. Orpheus, shuttup and leave. Can you not tell you are unwelcomed? Are you blind also? You proved to me you are deaf.

9. Alright, Orpheus can be banned too for intentional trolling/flaming and or racist/descriminating comments.

10. Thought I'd post my thought on something I saw, Orpheus, how does it make anyone "racist" to say they want to marry inter-culturally? It's each individuals choice to choose whom they want to marry. She wasn't saying disrespectful things about other races; merely stating she her martial preferences. Who are you to get bent out of shape by this?

11. I've never said anything racist, nor am I one. I simply told Alison I do not believe in racism shrouded under the guise of religion. She didn't agree.

12. From what you said I don't see how Alison was being racist at all. She can choose to marry whomever she wants, she wasn't disrespecting any other races or forcing anyone else to follow her beliefs, so what's it to you? Why do you care so much?

13. There's a big difference. If I say "I could never marry someone who didn't love red cars" or "I could never marry someone who didn't love Jesus", those would not be racist. But if I said I would never marry a black woman because I'm white, I'd say that is racist. So, you see...personal preference is one thing but rules against marrying "the other", whether set down by a priest or a law (as in pre Civil Right Era) are racist. Many religions espouse and enshrine racist ideas...some don't.

14. She can still marry whomever she likes, she didn't say every other race was horrid did she? Religious values are a persons preference also. Following a religious value doesn't necessarily make you a racist. If she wants to marry another Jewish person, all the power to her. I see no issue with that.

15. How can you label Orpheus anti-Semitic? He didn't say anything about Semites, in general. He was speaking about Jews, specifically.

The Semites are a very broad group of national origin that includes the Palestinians, Iraqis, Iranians, and Indians, just to name a few.

16. It'd really only be 'racist' if Alison said she would only marry a Jew because she hates all other races or religions.
    Simply because she choose to marry another Jewish person or white, whatever the case, thats just personal preference as far as i can see. 

17. I said anyone who makes up a "rule" that you can't marry anyone outside of your group is racist. That's what I said. If the group, as it turns out, is a religious entity, I don't think it should get a free pass...it's still racism. Under secular law anyone can marry whomever they wish, regardless of race or ethnicity. I think some religions need to update their rules to post 1960.

18. Disrespect against the Jewish people has often been labeled as "anti-smetic" they are still part of those group of people yes? It's a generalization. I don't know what he said exactly so I don't know if he was truly insulting Jewish people.

19. If I told you all my religion didn't allow me to marry a black person, would you conclude that there is a bit of racism built into my religion? Or would you say...it's "personal preference."

What if I told a black woman "I find you attractive, I like your personality, we'd be great together, and I'd like to marry you...but my religion forbids it." Would you say I'm racist (or at least my religion is)?

20. Hero,

I see your point.

Do you think it is OK to call someone anti-Latino if they only hate people from Panama, for example?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.