This OP has effort

Discussion in 'Other KaW Discussion' started by Pie, Oct 22, 2015.

1. ?

2. Redownloaded kaw a week ago trying to see who's still here and rn I'm waiting for my laundry to dry

3. Wow that sounds thrilling. Nice to see you around again

4. Super thrilling especially because suddenly its not producing heat. But anyway nice to know you're still around :)

5. Stay on topic please

6. Holy crap it's been so long since ive seen you in kawrums xD we like never spoke much but i knew your existence which was good enough for me to mention it id say

7. As the op, I can choose the topic of the the thread. I can change the topic as and when I see fit. I don't mind having a subtopic of arkst's return, but I'm not happy to have random osw trash talk on my thread. It is purely my decision what discussion I allow on my thread.

Stop being a moron and behave

8. I don't recall anywhere in the ToU that says op can derail his own thread subject, it just says no derailing. So stay on topic

9. Not derailing. Adding a subtopic. The conversation didn't cause the thread to lose its purpose ergo not derailing. Ranting about OSWs however, causes others to argue and changes the topic of the thread

10. From this post onwards, the discussion is about the OP. Anyone who does not conform to this will be asked to leave

11. You are an idiot your "sub topic" has nothing to do with your original thread topic ...lame ass topic to begin with, some random noob sucks your butt a little (gives your lame thread some BS validity ...and your weak ego gets flattered by it lol) your an idiot

12. When you address anyone in any thread that person has a right to respond (forum rules) you need to stop being such a try hard.

...and again stay on topic.

13. Leave my thread now. I won't have you derail it

14. What is a burger pie, OP?

15. Please try to remain on topic

16. Well that's an interesting question. They are a race of intergalactic beings that quite recently acquired wings

17. Moose hit the nail on this one.

Eagle is NOT and active forumer. He doesn't post. Ever. He doesn't understand the forum meta per se. He looks at something for a wall of text or to see if it's visually appealing. He doesn't respond to anything, and he doesn't give any input on ideas.

That's the problem with a lot of mods but that's another topic.

Certain things can be said perfectly in just a few words. Like OP said, Dilly's question thread is "post you Kaw related questions here". That's 6 words, and has helped countless people in the community.

But the annoying spammy stuff is really not cool and should be locked.

I think we're back to an age where forum mods and game mods need to be seperated.

18. Honestly who cares if a thread is low effort it just gives those brats something to whine about

19. Actually I do post when I actually have time to review a thread, yes it's true I am not a forumer but I do respond after I reviewed a thread fully, you say I don't have any input in the player ideas? The idea is to lurk and forward the thread off to the developers I am a lurker and I actually do have a life outside of the game so I cannot always post on forums or wc, I do answer the privet messages, wall messages and so on.

Now with the low effort threads, people don't understand why I lock them?

Low effort threads spam the active topic board, it clogs it up then the active threads actually get removed from the ATB, I usually leave question threads open till it has been answered, most times it would be highly recommended to post on silly' question thread as it has been here for many years.

I lock certain threads to PREVENT trolling on the op by the community or personal attacks on the poster, I just dont do it cause I am LOCK HAPPY, no that is not my main intention at all.

Yes when I lock threads I don't do fancy pictures and what not, don't really see the point in it, moose usually does it which he actually enjoys posting them which I do find entertaining in a way, but to me I don't do them.

Moderators have different views on different subjects within the game including myself mostly doing game tests or error reports so I can resure that the game play for the community is smooth, another reason why I don't rarely post on forums.

And again I will say it, if someone doesn't agree with the threads I lock, just simply email support@athinkingape.com to review the case they usually over turn my decisions if it's wrong, just like the in game silences to forum bans.

I do thank everyone for their inputs about this and I do agree with some of you guys.

Also keep on topic within this thread please warnings have been given out already, thanks.

Enjoy the day guys.