This OP has effort

Discussion in 'Other KaW Discussion' started by Pie, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Not me. I've only brought up this topic once before and it didn't get much discussion

2. I would agree with you, but even with the amount of effort you put into a thread, you may not get any enjoyment out of it at all. Some ppl let it die because of either lack of effort or tl;dr. But locking the thread because if lack of effort... It happens to the best of us.

3. Support to OP. Too many control-freak mods

4. If a thread has been locked for being spammy and because it is unnecessary to be forums, why do mods need to add additional comments about it being a lack of effort? Just lock it for being spammy or whatever - no wonder the scope of what constitutes a thread being a lack of effort is so broad these days. There's no need to bring a lack of effort into so many locked threads.

5. Exactly. If they're going to make a comment about why it was locked, at least say something that proves it was against the rules and worth locking

6. Tbh, I say get rid of this 'lack of effort' crap altogether. If 'lack of effort' is the only reason a mod can think of to lock a thread then it doesn't need to be locked. Keep locking to things such as: spam, per OP request, posts against ToU, doesn't belong in forums etc.

Or at the very least, give the thread a chance to generate some discussion.

7. That's the whole point of this thread- to let the mods see we want to give threads with less content to actually have a chance, cuz atm even the kawmunity just goes "lack of effort /lock" when people before would have at least tried to make the thread viable, at least tried to spark some life into the thread.

Nowadays nobody has any hope for low quanitity threads and just assumes theyre going to be locked so they spam "inb4 lock" kinda things so it gets locked anyway.

8. I say post whatever you want. Locking a thread for whatever reason is just a biased decision by a moderator. Post away and keep them busy.

9. Arguable. Some threads deserve to be locked because the actually do break rules

10. Locking for break of ToU and because the only thing the mods can think of is 'lack of effort' are two different things. If a thread is deemed 'low effort' it will eventually die on it's own. No need for mods to go around locking for 'lack of effort' so much.

11. Yep. That's basically the point. Plus if a thread is very short there is an opportunity to lock for spam. But he quotes lack of effort when he locks which is annoying

12. Eagles lack of effort locks have lack of effort explanations.

I say he needs to be silenced.

13. You shaddup

14. Well, posting 'locking for lack of effort' is only one line, which seems to be the standard of what is a 'lack of effort'. A little hypocritical, eh?

15. Need to be silenced only way is if I violationed the theToU/ToS? As I mentioned on this thread, spammy material or the lack of threads that may not get the attention from the public would be locked, as a few days now I have kept certain threads open that contain *lack of effort* but some threads I lock to keep players safe if I feel that op will be attacked I will lock for their protection.

16. We've been saying that through out this whole thread, Eagle. Lock threads that break ToU and are spammy etc. but as for the rest, mods should give them a chance to 'thrive' instead of quickly locking for lack of effort. They'll die on their own if the community isn't interested. Thanks for trying that the last few days. :)

18. I think there is NO entertainment from this thread

19. Eagle loves this thread...