This OP has effort

Discussion in 'Other KaW Discussion' started by Pie, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Yeah clumsy. That's why I brought his name up in particular. But it doesn't matter that other mods don't do it as much because they don't get the chance as he immediately does it

2. It's like it's be become a knee jerk reaction. One line = lock. Consider the thread first. Saying its a lack of effort can be rude on some threads if the person who posted it thought one or two lines would suffice. Nowhere does it require there to be a wall of colorful text and pretty pictures.

3. It just requires a bit of insight to evaluate whether a thread has potential or not

4. Freaky...
    I really thought i was responding to a post you made.

5. Threads aren't given the chance to have potential anymore. It's just an immediate lock for lack of effort.

6. Honestly the only way to evaluate someone's "OSW" effort is to view & evaluate their entire battle stats ...ie: fight, steal, scout, offenses & defenses (won/lost) ..all of it. How else can you tell how effective or how much effort someone puts into OSW/PvP? ..how much of it is from ebs and actually from OSW/PvP?

7. Steals from strips don't determine OSW prowess ...OSW is a battle of the mind. It's a psychological battle. The best OSW/PvPers make you ask for CF with the least amount of hits possible. The actual amount of inc is meaningless, UNTIL they develop some sort of OSW scoreboard (which I've asked for repeatedly). As of now the best OSWers win with their chat button lol

8. Guys. Please. On topic. Make a new thread if u want to argue about osws

9. Think of it this way. Later in its life, a thread's OP will only make up something like 15% of the thread's discussion at most, the rest will be from content that is posted in the thread somewhere else. A thread should not be measured immediately by how good an OP is, although a good thread is usually started by having a good starting post, but how entertaining the thread is, and to see that, the thread needs to be alive for a little time.

We shouldn't be locking threads immediately (unless they are the 1 line question threads and their purpose have been fulfilled), but wait until they have time to get responded to by the community. If the community likes it, even though it's not that great of a starting post, it shouldn't be locked; however, if the community dislikes it, the thread will die on its own, but, if the thread is only being kept in the AT because of hateful or nonsensical comments, then it should be locked.

10. Eagle takes pictures of himself wearing bras. Anyone remember that? 

11. One line = lack of effort = lock has become the precedent.

12. I remember the first thread I made.

Deleted in under a minute 

13. Where's the effort you talked about in the title? :?

14. Savage yo

15. The effort I was putting in to your mum. Might have forgotten to mention that in the op ;)

16. Because people don't like low effort threads

17. Arkst Jesus Christ man I haven't seen you in like 2 years

18. Haha how have you been

19. Pretty good. To be honest I'm only really on kaw for a few days every couple of months in spells.

At uni and absolutely exhausted.

You?

20. Yeh