Harbingers of Conquest are Champions in my Eyes

Discussion in 'Wars' started by VibrantRose, Sep 22, 2012.

1. The barcode dropped his attack building at the end of war, and claimed it was for "a trick" when we asked him about it...He wasnt a pure spy the whole war

2. So what clan is he in, or does no one have a link or know anything lol

3. If you want to look at him, he's 179 in the war history.

4. First off I want to say great war on all sides. As an Apoc member, it was exhilarating to see us go from 20b down to a huge lead in just a couple minutes.

I also have many friends in Conquest and am gutted for them. To lose like that, at the last moment just plain sucks.

I don't know anything about dirty tricks and in not going to pretend to know what people were thinking, but here's what I do know:

Conquest came out hard and fast with a great strategy and had some really impressive skill implementing it. They identified Apoc leaks quickly and then mass xstalled in them. Within 20 minutes, we were down 20b.

During the war, both sides fought hard and disciplined. Leaks were plugged on both sides, and people were staying dtw to perfection. The only folks getting thru routinely were those with outstanding timing.

Apoc pulled close a couple times, but Conq always rallied and reopened a 10-20b lead. They weathered everything we threw at them. They were well organized and fought with a common goal. Again, hats off to Conquest.

We finally, found ourselves with just a few minutes left, still down a bundle. This was the proverbial 9th inning, bases loaded, two outs scenario. You either hit the home run or you strike out.

With nothing to lose the decision was made to try to strip the pure spy. There was no guarantee that it would work because no one really knew if tht person was active.

Let me be clear: as I said, I'm not going to pretend I know what people were thinking, but I saw no evidence of dirty play. To my recollection, that pure spy had been pure spy for a good portion of the war. Maybe he/she got tired of pinning and converted, I don't know.

And again, I saw no evidence of an 'inside job' in Apoc cc. There had been discussion of stripping for some time, and the real question was: who is going to risk half a trillion on a hunch?

In the end, someone came forward. We guessed right. It was good luck for Apocalypse and awful luck for Conquest.

Again, I want to congratulate both sides for a great war. It was tremendously fun. Conquest had a great game plan and carried it out well. Kudos to all!

Oh, and in case anyone is wondering why I'm posting in the forum instead of fighting with Apoc, I'm sad to say I had a three hour class this morning and didn't want to leak for half a war, so I left the clan. Hopefully I get a chance to rejoin Apoc for round 3.

Again, much respect to Conquest and gogogo Apocalypse!

5. Unless they decide to change the rules, once you leave you can't rejoin I'm afraid.

6. I am not a participant in this war, and my opinion is somewhat invalid.

But any "trick" - dirty or not - is a valid, strategic part of this game....

It's in the configuration of the system. If you can do it, it's legal. (barring account sharing/botting)

7. I was proud to be a member of Conquest and would war with any of them again!!

8. I have never posted in this forum before. I don't mind losing but this whole deal seemed a little odd. I thought it was funny that barcode was chatting after the war was over but didn't say one word about inc hits or that an ally got bought. If he be asleep I say fine but this is very fishy. Neither did he say hey guys my bad I screwed up, that would have been fine with me because stuff happens but the way this went down makes me very suspicious.
    Was fun waring with all of you and good luck to ya'll.

9. I am proud I was part of conquest, and give apoc props for winning. The idiot that cost us the war though, that's another story. I've never said "dirty" or "cheating" in reference to apoc. Someone with10 mil cs should know that was a dumb thing to do, or it was done on purpose, to lose the war.

10. Thanks for that war all. It was fun and we did great. Victory was ours. Last minutes casted a shadow to a great war against great opponents. I'll remember the 7:50 that matter!

11. Agree with dvd. Anyway i'm proud to be with Conquest. This is just a case of one guy ruining the war for 199 others. Good job guys!

12. Dondada, you have a short memory. I posted the bulleted list for you twice.

Since the score was close and HoC was ahead almost the entire war, I *agree* that there wasn't a pure spy dropping pots the whole time. Noone said that.

Your argument supports my opinion that someone figured out an exploit and used it at the last minute. Very clever.

That doesn't diminish either sides efforts.

Make the argument that all is fair in war and object to the "dirty trick" language.

The Fact remains that the exploit exists and can affect other rounds.

If you don't like the op calling it a dirty trick, fine.

The op is allowed to feel proud of their teams efforts and bitter about the surprise ending.

13. 2000 hits off of 400 bil? From my osf days that's hard to do without coordination.
    Everyone from conquest does deserve to get to whine a bit, there were the people sitting on the other team, the ones that were plugging leaks and were doing a better job than the other team. All this hard work was ruined by one person either being the biggest idiot of Kaw, or malicious intent. I try to have faith in humanity so I can't really believe that he was that stupid.

14. Oh, and for the record, I am rooting for the the original_ Harbinger (my owner, and fellow ZAFT member) warring in the winning clan. :)

15. It was a pleasure fighting alongside my fellow Conquistadors. It was a tough fight and a bitter loss for reasons which we will probably never know a complete answer.

Tip of the cap to the Apoc Crew, you all fought extremely and I know I personally got frustrated trying to find targets. You all did a great job in shielding yourselves.

Best of luck to all who compete in the remainder of the ASW.

HARBINGERS OF CONQUEST

16. The barcode changed build in the last hour... I've have had apocalypse players admit this. If you can't play fair don't play at all. Harbingers of conquest

17. We war hard..we lose due to poor dev planning and a osf that leak.
    Moving on..I am just gonna farm this guy when I am free. If he makes this miserable for me, I am not going to let him easy way out. Till this time he never bothered to provide evidence of why he drop his build and who brought his allies..

Fishy enough??
    Special mention again to our devs..thanks for screwing our hard work by taking our admin rights away..
    Inactives members that applied to ASW should not be kicked? Leaking OSF cannot be kick?? Must as well call this All Star Pwars.

18. All stars pwars lol, i like it made me laugh.

19. It won't count,the “dirty tactics" from the other side all the plunder from outsiders brought in will be taken out by the looks of it they still would've beat you anyway

20. X524 do you know what you are talking about?