Estoc Trials Season 1 - The Rancor Wars *Updated*

Discussion in 'Past Events' started by admin, Mar 24, 2013.

1. But they would need a record of atleast resent wars and wat the detailed clan strengths were for each clan

2. We will post more information regarding this soon, but we want our community to be informed about te no match situation. Here is what happened today:

Wed - 1pm PST War

32 Clans signed up, 2 No matches (6%), 30 Clans matched

Wed - 7pm PST War

64 Clans signed up, 8 No matches (12.5%), 56 Clans matched

We tightened the BFA threshold for the 7pm war, and this may explain why the # of no matches has gone up. We are exploring options for improvements in this area, we know it is a crappy feeling to receive a no match. Please understand that it is not a simple problem to solve, and it is a balance between good matches vs no matches.

3. Yes but kaw admin if we get a lot of no matches on the rancore war we will not get equip

Also the*

4. Kaw admin thanks for looking into the situation.

But since this is mostly your fault, can we have compensation nobody put people In this round purely for comp.

It's only fair....

5. Devs- atleast give us some sort of table to show other clans strengths in sign ups because for those with no match we have no clue whether we need less members, more members, or stronger / smaller members...

6. Let's stop talkin bout BFA.

7. Unfortunately, providing more information is not going to help. This is the current situation, given arbitrary strengths:

There will be a 40 and a 33 not matched up. There is nothing we can tell those clans to change that'll allow them to match up better, they were just the odd # clan in that group.

8. I don't think it is anyone's fault. The community picked to have a "No Match" scenario put in, we did that. Everyone knew what "No Match" meant, and now that it's happening, the community wants compensation. I don't disagree that this is a crappy situation, but saying that it is "our fault" is also not fair.

9. You can't please everyone, bud. Just keep doing what you're doing by keeping your ear to the community and do the best you can. I think you're doing a fantastic job by giving us exactly what it is we ask for.

10. The no match option made a lot of sense to skirt a four-hour beating outside of Tournament Play but with these Wars only lasting a couple hours now just pair up the Clans already. Estoc's Edge, Mithril, Red Paladin Equipment, Vanquished Paladin Equipment, Clan Prestige, and Achievements are on the line, at the mercy of your Match-up logic that you change behind-the-scenes at your discretion? Not cool that at least 250 Kingdoms could not participate today, that is harsh.

11. @ kaw admin

You said it your self that you tightend bfa and that might have caused a no match.

you said that not me...

@ oos

Ee wars are amazing, I love them.

But if we don't get all 6 equip because of no matches???

I am not upset about no matches right now but I will be during actual season!

12. @gamehange well said

13. Just got to say that the match ups last few days have looked gd. Seems we are finally have great match ups. Our last few wars have been going back and forth and can go any way. This is how it should be. So keep up the gd work thanks.

14. Yes devs the last 2 wars very very even ... Ty for taking the time to consider bfa more in match ups

15. Was just wondering. On the no match ups. Lets say u have the 33 n 40 that didnt get matched. Iike example from devs. But lets say u give an option for those to clans that they can choose to go with it or stay with the no match. Like a button. Yes or no. If willing or not willing to fight an uneven war.

16. Blah blah blah about no match. I have a great suggestion for you guys who really really only just want to war.

How about kaw_admin lines up some of the top lb clans such as zaft destiny or theology and geometry to be war clan on standby.

If you get no match you can opt into war vs one of these clans. Of course they get to use their entire roster against your war active roster only. You will probably get slaughtered but that's ok because you only wanted to war right?

On a slightly tangential note, kaw_admin, your matches recently have been spot on. Well done matching numbers and strength. The number of exciting and close wars that I have been involved in is way higher than say Week 13 and before.

One thing about 2 hour wars though is that I and many others like me may be forced to do less war because the number of xstals required is getting to be a burden.

Can you please review the excellent idea about war gems that has been floated about in a separate forum post. You could possibly limit the use of the war gem to 1 per war so people still need real dollar xstals to war.

17. Dear kaw admin, looking at your quotes, i have to repeat my question, because i feel being ignored :(

Do you stil think it's fair when i go on vocation last 2 weeks i loose all levels? I have suggested a very simple and fair solution, please consider ;)

18. The "No Match" feature should be removed and the old system should be put back in (all clans get matches as long as there is an even number, if not.. Last to sign up is no match). This would mean much less people are let down during the rancor wars and have a lot more wars and opportunities to get their rancor rage level up. The no match feature also makes it very difficult for some clans to war because there are no other clans their size warring, and if the only way to fix this is tearing down builds then it is not worth it to war.

19. Everyone should get a match, if not able to find a match for a clan registered for war, then each member should be awarded another EE level and 40 mith. That should be more then fair for both parties.

20. 4 no match in a row kaw admin 