Clans with "No Forums" Policies

Discussion in 'Wars' started by *OoS-Imitation-Cheese (01), Mar 27, 2013.

1. Lol did I make little cheezy angry?

What's that? You gonna cry now?

If this game is so ridiculous? Why don't you quit?
    At least back up you big talk with a little incoming.

C'mon cheese. Hit me you big bad butthurt baby. I'm not dtw. It's a war game. Hit me already. 

2. Im a noob jayde? Quit that "forums is full of noobs" ****.

3. Lol wow.

Did you not read the thread and catch my snarky response?

Not a noob before, perhaps one who doesn't get the joke now, though...

4. Please explain how you interpreted any sliver of hate from my post.

That thread has been a long time coming. You asking me to leave your thread was simply the last, little bit of motivation I needed to make it. I've been wanting to make that thread for over a year.

Here's what I said:

Where is the false accusation there? It's called an opinion - hence the use of the phrase "I don't believe."

Yep - those are my questions.

What?

Excellent point! I agree with your point.

To the little side remark about me expecting KaW to be different from the real world, it's funny that you say that. I regularly say that KaW is a reflection of real life. Many people have tried arguing this with me by saying KaW is "just a game." However, I am keen to remind them that this isn't a closed-loop PvE game - we're playing against and with real human beings.

So sorry, but no, I don't expect KaW to be different from real life.

Nope, never heard of it.

That's just it, though - you're talking about a direct consequence that may arise as a result of a forum post. In order for there to be a real consequence, there must be an enforcement mechanism. The way I see it, these clans are already at war. The only consequence that they may face in making a forum post might be that they are kicked from their clan. The opposing clan is already fighting them, so there is nothing further they can do to harm the poster.

No faith in their clanmates to make a reasonable post is bad enough, but you're saying that even the leader(s) lack the confidence to engage in public discourse?

Correct, because Star Trek is real life. Comon, Phil...

Star Trek? Really?

I would buy this if you would say who you're speaking for in your posts. If, for example, I need something done for me that I can't do well, I will hire a consultant or contractor to do it for me. A case in point is programming an Arduino board for a mechanical device I designed. I am a junior mechanical engieer, but I SUCK at programming. When I need something coded for me, I hire someone I know to do it for me. What the code needs to do is dictated by me. How it gets done is up to the programmer. In your case, the purpose of the code is the message of those who come to you to communicate on their behalf, and you would be the programmer. There is no shame in admitting you suck at something, and in my opinion, hiding it is disgraceful. However, it is in your own personal interest to be diabolically opposed to my position on this particular subject, so I won't be surprised to hear your dissenting rebuttal.

That series of threads was a very entertaining read. Thanks for putting it together. I think a lot of unanswered questions were addressed.

The difference between the Os/Yafi/AAH threads and the newer ones you've made is that you're now giving us a blow by blow and taking in new information through undisclosed third parties.

The Os/Yafi/AAH thread was more of a history lesson, looking back on what had already transpired.

You're comparing apples with oranges here, Phil.

I completely agree, but do you think that means we should be discouraged from discussing it? You gotta admit that it's an interesting topic. I mean, we're talking about the ins and outs of the psychological warfare of various clans.

5. :lol: :lol: :lol:

6. Oh, didn't catch that sarcasm. :oops:

7. I thought it was odd, you saying forums is filled with noobs, when I see you all of the time here :lol:

8. OP IS STILL A LAME. Just like missmelons... Sidekicks on a mission! Lol.

9. I'm a total noob. After all, I'm iProphet's alt. Aren't I?

10. Can one of the forum freaks quote my posts from phil's no-post thread and post them here

11. In the field of psychology, there are three levels of the human psyche.

1. The "id." This is essentially the foundation of all basic human needs. It's where your impulses to behave come from.

2. The "ego." This is what regulates your impulsive desires and keeps you from being an uncivilized caveman.

3. The "superego." This is the upper level of thinking that accounts for the influence of others upon you.

Your ego appears to be malfunctioning because you're only capable of comprehending two fundamental human emotions (according to Freud) - fear and anger.

Elevate your mind, my friend - there is so much more to life than anger and fear.

I am a grown man, son. It's starting to sound like you're projecting yourself. Please tell us more about how you feel.

IDK if you read my previous response, but I'm not here for the gameplay.

Why do people who are losing arguments always have to pull out the butthurt?

Nothing screams I'm losing more than seeing someone throw around the word butthurt in every response.

12. Im on idevice ao its pretty hard to do accurate quotes. I tend to avoid them. :)

I think they say you have alot of butthurt because they're jealous that they cant afford to send their alot to the vet to fix it's hurt butt. Basically, they're making fun of your alot because they feel like they need to compensate for their own.

13. Your tracking is off, bud.

And for the umpteenth time, for one to be an "alt," one must have a main.

Please do not insult me by:

a) Making false claims.

b) Saying you "can't take what I say seriously" This is the second thread you've made directly addressed toward something I've said/done here in forums - you take me very, very seriously.

I have made none.

14. :lol:

15. Your belief is incorrect. Your assumption is based on the premise that I have no experience playing this game. A few seasoned war clans can attest to my understanding of game mechanics as being superior to many others in this game.

Please post proof of this claim.

16. Thank you for recognizing the truth.

17. Excellent, concise, on point.

18. Hey cheese, what was your cs before you quit?

19. Cheese goes hard.

OmegaLSA

20. Exactly.

Another reason why I believe these "no forum" policies are counter-productive. Thanks for bringing this up - it's something I had intended to include in my OP, but had completely escaped my mind.