ALL PROUD AMERICANS COME HERE

Discussion in 'Wars' started by newname040313104, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Explain why Werner went to America to head the Moon Program if Germany was so much more advanced.

Britain also popularized the English language by colonizing many places. These places, like America then continued to use the language. As each former colony gained a foothold on the Powers in the world, it would not make sense to use another language that would not be the native language to as many countries.

Also, Rome had the largest empire appropriate to its time and made many great advancements. But Rome does not exist at that power anymore. That same is with Britain. I could argue that many of the great and ancient civilizations made a major part in developing technology, perhaps more then Britain but the point remains that they do not exist at such great power anymore.

2. @Moose

You are confusing "flight" and "spaceflight"

Don't even get me started on "first in flight". North Carolina has some nerve...

3. We've won four world wars as well...

What? I like to boast now and again too!

4. Yeah... we've kind of moved away from imperialism if you hadn't noticed.

5. As a proud Republican American I can say your a dumb racist noob. No one in Germany wanted the Nazis out, and still despise them. To go into Kreuzritter and make fun of the German population as a whole is sickening.

6. Rome did it all lmao, revolutionized our culture.

7. @word If you're going to look into contributions then you have to go into history.

8. @MGK, as did we all decades ago. It's fine for you to plaster the Internet with threads glorifying yourselves, but I can't make one post?

9. Lycan, what about France or Russia? Haven't they helped? And don't forget that if Britain hadn't formed a coalition with much of the rest of the powerful European states, then Napoleonic France would have defeated the British.

10. that is sort of irrelevant to who is on top atm.

besides, most of the world has had 10,000 more years to get stuff done than the united states. :lol:

11. Lycan, did I say you couldn't? Have I made a glorified, American nationalistic thread? No, I haven't. Only the OP has. Try not to be so ignorant, and stop acting like every American runs around proclaiming the USA is the best. It makes you look foolish.

12. @MGK, I never did. Put you put me down when I showed a shred of enthusiasm for the history of my country.

13. @Orb, I know. The Napoleonic Wars really interests me.

14. @word The discussion started when someone associated some achievements with the usa. So what is relevant here is not who is the greatest atm. But infact who contributed more.

15. If it's contribution, the Classical civilizations win hands down.

16. Some very important contributions. Very very very very very influential.

China ~ Silk
    India ~ Modern numbering system

17. oh. then the us loses. sorry, my fellow americans.

we can only make the argument for contributions to the modern world.

18. You didn't? Because you just lumped me and every other American forumer into the category of "Ignorant, nationalistic noob"

19. No, I didn't. But can you say that more non-Americans make more nationalistic threads than Americans? No. :roll: Stop being butt hurt and get over this silly quarrel.