ALL PROUD AMERICANS COME HERE

Discussion in 'Wars' started by newname040313104, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Next you'll be telling me America won the two world wars previous to the Great War. :roll:

2. Btw MGK, you also need to work on your chronogical ordering.

3. @Machine, the American economy WAS the strongest on Earth.

4. @lycan and it still is.

5. still is... forecasts indicated it will be for the next 20yrs

6. Hmmmm... $13 trillion debt in comparison to a place like Germany? :|

7. WTF is "chronogical"? I think you need to work on your spelling.

8. *chronological, sorry. I would have thought you could deduce the meaning anyway. :roll:

@Word/Machine, I'm not up-to-date on current affairs I must say. 

9. size matters. lol

if you consider the eu a nation, then europe is still up there with the us, china, and japan. but...yeah, no.

no offense to germany. they have done a good job of not falling to pieces like the rest of europe.

also, people lend the us money at below the rate of inflation. so..we are actually saving money by borrowing money.

10. America has the largest GDP and debt. Debt can be paid off given time but a large economy takes a very long time to build up. Also, debt is mostly public debt as a result of lack of jobs and bankruptcy. That is why this term is seen to be more money spent then the past terms combined, public debt and inflation. Not federal debt. This basically means that the people are in debt while only about a trillion giver or take is actual federal debt.

11. If you consider eu a nation then EU is no.1 probably.

12. The EU has around a 2-3 trillion larger GDP then the US. However, the EU is doing much worse on the debt scale with actual countries going bankrupt.

13. Although its true that America has an impressive Economy (even under Obama) and its made substantial contributions to the globe, both in culture and technology, it's a far cry from the "best" let me illustrate

AUTOMOBILE:
    Revolutionized the word. Invented in Germany by Karl Benz

FLIGHT: although the First airplane was flown at kitty Hawk, credit again must go to the Germans for taking flight to unprecedented new levels with their engineering of rockets. Werner Von Braun was a German who headed NASA and got America to the moon, so honestly, can the USA really take credit?

CULTURE:
    Sure, America has Hollywood, but England had a much more fundamental impact on global culture. The "universal language" on this planet is English, and it came from England, NOT America

CONQUEST:
    America has manifest destiny, but really, there was a time when the sun never ever set on the British empire. Seems a tad more impressive to me.

SIZE:
    Canada, china, and Russia are bigger.

At the end of the day, America is great. It's done a lot of nice things for the globe, but to say its "best" is obnoxious.

I like America. It's the citizens I have a hard time with. Lol

14. I heard Greece's economy is improving....

Which doesn't mean much if things can't get much worse....

/joking

15. Moose, assembly line: first utilized in car production by Henry Ford. Completely revolutionized the industrialized world.

16. Well, I shouldn't say first utilized... But you know what I mean

17. i um...don't understand your argument. you are talking about history, not the modern world.

and land mass...? really?

and that bit about american culture not mattering because we speak english...? what?

there are a lot of shortcomings to the united states. and many other places in the world have done very great things....but that was practically a nonsensical argument.

18. America's biggest contribution is internet,microsoft.....

19. Let me add that industrialised world came from Britain.