️KAW OUTDOORS DAY️

Discussion in 'Other KaW Discussion' started by AshesOfEden, Apr 19, 2015.

1. Those pictures look stunning. I wish we had woodlands.

2. From my hotel window.

3. Wow Narwhal.. Where is that!!?.. Florida?

4. Daph.. Share us a pic :) .. We promise not to track ur TZ :)

5. Yes, it is Florida 

6. I see a narwhal in the swimming pool

7. 'Tis quite dark out

Come at me timezone tracking strippers!

8. [​IMG]
    It's ok Hawk.

-Narwhal, looking out @ the Hard Rock Live

9. TERRA.. Is that a selfie in the dark?.. What are you wearing!?

10. @Terra By counting the number of times the cursor clicks, I can tell you are... EST?

Damn, you're good 

11. of course you ask what I'm wearing ashes!!

nothing

12. [​IMG]
    Nature at its finest while on a local hike.
    [​IMG]
    Last summer at the fair. Thank goodness for KAW to keep me occupied during waits in line for the rides.
    *Used my 1000th post to put on an Ashes thread!

13. Just did a run in support of Women's Mental Health..

It's a well run (no pun intended) event!.. Set near the swanky UBC campus..

Some highlights!

Start with a Free Cappuccino.. McDonald's going all out..

Dogs are not allowed on the run but many showed up in support!!!

The fast runners go first.. The kid race was well organized.. It's great to cheer for the kids.. This volunteer lady had to put a whole flower pot on her head as a warning sign for the photographer.. 

Lining up..

Proceeds will go towards integrated women's health programs like mental health in postpartum depression (PPD), support programs for care giving women (The Sandwich generations where they have to take care of aging and ailing parents and the young kids)..

EB Fairy on the left?..

Support to all the women who Kaw that take care of their kids, parents, relatives, other folks.. Bravo.. Stay strong! ️

The run through the forested park can be tricky as it as sharp twists.. At speed, it tests your body mechanics quite uniquely..

Stop to unload on kaw! Lol

Fresh pancake with berries and Canadian maple syrup!!

Next time I'll say "I run stripped and naked"

The puppy sez "KaW Outside today!"

14. Time for a picnic near the beach..

A small hike thru shady forest..

Time for some meditative rock stacking!!!...

It is a great activity to do when you're out on a date btw.. Hehehehe

This one took a while to stack..

I will call it "The path to Abyss building complete"...️

Wishing everyone a great Sat/Sun..

15. Lol, that puppy looks as if it had too many of those pancakes (god, I love those) and could use some of the free coffee 

Nice Saturday: 5k in the morning, picnic at the beach in the afternoon. Jealous, still waiting for spring to show up over here...

16. Time for some Heffe, some IPA, some Cascade Dark Ales.. And fire.. ️

Just have to make sure I don't burn the phone KaWing lol

17. Hey now I live in Detroit and it was almost exactly as your pic shows. Sunny and 75 and I was fishing on the lake.

Rock On Detroit!!!!

18. It's the Salmon Run season again in the Pacific North West..

I thought I'd share a few pics for those who haven't seen some..

There are all kinds of Salmon Runs.. On the Pacific side, the main ones are Chinook, Chum, Coho, Sockeye and Pink..

Some go up relatively gentle streams.. Some jump up the roaring cascades and rapids and even small waterfalls.. As with all nature exploring, enjoy the diversity and uniqueness of each run..

As you may know.. Almost all Salmon come back to where they were born.. Back up the same rivers.. It is amazing to watch their journey..

Ok.. RULE #1 of Pacific Salmon Run exploration... guess who else loves sushi?..

DA BEARS!!!

Go with experience people and groups.. Respect and be extremely cautious of them.. This is not the Zoo.. It is also Berry season so them bears are loading up..

Here's a gently stream bed where you can see them steadily make their way up..

A large kingfisher just came in and swooped one of the fish shortly after this shot..

These are Sockeye Salmon.. They are the only kind with very red upper body..

Coho are red too but mostly in the lower body..

Jump!!!!

I call this shot the "Sockeye View!" Lol

Hope u enjoyed it..

May be I'll make a trip to Brackendale soon where during salmon runs, in very accessible viewing areas, you can observe like hundreds of Bald Eagles feasting..

KaW Outside!!

19. I know where that is ! ^