️KAW OUTDOORS DAY️

Discussion in 'Other KaW Discussion' started by AshesOfEden, Apr 19, 2015.

1. Have you all seen the movie the Revenant?..

I literally have canoed, hiked, biked, xcountry skied, and snow shoed to the locations where it was shot (Near Squamish river in BC and at Kananaskis and bow valley in Alberta)..

That movie can be a travel brochure (lol) for Alberta and BC!

I am sure most of you tough Canadians in this neck of the woods have too.. :)

Here's a live shot of a riverbank.. No Grizzlies atm..

*Have you spotted our highly lethal bird of prey odd couple of Kaw, Belle and Mare in the pic?..

There they are!.. Aren't they cute?..

2. 2 damn cold 2 be kawing out doors

3. What Belle finally got a roll play date? Nice late nights in PM then? Ash your full of useless info. Tell us more or less way less I just ate.

As for Squamish yup nice spot.

4. Hello Kaw'ers...

Time for some ice fishing!..

This particular lake has a good range from Char and rainbow trout to the big Ling COD and Sturgeon...

So one mode we do is cut a hole in the shallower part of the lake and catch a small trout to use as bait and then cut a hole in the deeper parts of the lake and catch the bigger ling cod (you can leave overnight)

You can do bobbers or rockers (so that you know when the fish bites from the shore) or come back periodically and check.. Make sure you mark the spot with a branch (you won't know where the spots are if the snow drifts etc)..

Flashlight fishing at night is pretty fun too but this area is quite wild and you don't want the Timberwolves to come visit you at night lol..

#TeamJacob!

PS: Don't make me come after you with the chainsaw for PvP... 

5. Hey ashes, do u want to join my Zombie-Apocalypse end-of-times Crew?

PS. Is your real name Liam Neeson?

6. My uncle was an ice fisherman

Once, he caught 80 pounds of it

My aunt drowned trying to cook it.

7. It's spring time!.. One of the things I am keeping an eye on this year is the aquatic animals and their environment..

It is amazing what nature will reveal to you if you are respectful, and observant..

Check this out.. I just go to where a river or stream meets an ocean inlet..

..and you just stay still for a bit and voila.. You get to see an otter catching a crab..

Now this is pretty amazing cos this is actually a river otter (Lontra Canadensis) .. Diving into the seawater for a tasty treat!..

It is amazing to observe how much of the seawater they tolerate to include ocean animals in their diet..

Kinda like how you feel like sushi/sashimi with hot wasabi and cold sake and you head over to your fav sushi joint..

The crab put up a fight but it's kinda like the mongoose and the snake.. The snake eventually tires and cannot simply keep up with a warm blooded animal for energy.. The river otter actually acted very similarly to a Mongoose or a Marten..

Now.. The sea otters (Enhydra Lutris) are here too.. They are supercute and super smart (that cracking shells on the rocks is true).. They pretty much lay on their back and float and munch on sea urchins to sea stars to crabs and shellfish..

Sea otters can be observed with sea kayaks (another post when I get around to it)..

But it can be dangerous since there is another cute and cuddly and deadly apex predator that lurks around here (Hint, they look like Pandas)

8. Cute sea otter pic from the net

9. Aww cute pix of wildlife!!!

10. This is where I kaw! Great thread Ashes ☺️

11. Im on a train if that counts?

12. Obviously fake @Kez, we all know you live in a basement ️

13. This is Kezarah,
    It like plays in the pool,
    It like to waste water,
    Kezarah is a bad cat,
    Don't be like it.

14. This is where I KaW!

And it's where I am currently located.

15. Wow.. Great sunset Kezarah.. Looks warm too hehe

16. What the hell is that ? Your private airstrip for your drug supply ring ?

17. A photo I took sitting out in my back yard playing KaW

18. Why would you KaW when you're surrounded by such beautiful places? ;(

Other than the toilet picture ofc. 