The Great Quetzal Hunt (Final EB Out Now!)

Discussion in 'Past Events' started by [ATA]Grant, Mar 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Re: The Great Quetzal Hunt

Yayy, the background image of this EB does not show on Android devices just like A Cold Calling and Desert Sting. You guys do not like Android users I guess.

2. Re: The Great Quetzal Hunt

Nice sounding event and you even have an eb series to boot!

I currently have three concerns.

1. One of the major problems people had with the moth hunt was that the equipment wasn't as good as they hoped. We suggested that you showed the stats next time and here we are at the next one not knowing the stats yet again.

2. After the first one people wanted drops from PvP. The second you added that wars dropped the collectable. Not what I was after but getting there. I was after off system pvp feather/moth drops. This event you have yet to add this in.

3. The drop rate. Unless you plan on bumping it up by a lot you won't make enough. I done some basic math on this and at the current rate you would only be able to make 10-12k feathers if you hit every eb without fail and got a drop every time without fail.

That's the three problems I have so far. Sorry if any of these have been brought up already

3. Re: The Great Quetzal Hunt

When anyone figures out what the skulls are for please post to my wall!! Thanks

4. Re: The Great Quetzal Hunt

My shopping list:

6 ring scrolls
    9 boot scrolls
    9 helm scrolls
    Aqua
    Inferno
    Bloodwood
    Banner Steel
    Banner Cloth
    Bronze Bars
    Gold
    Pots
    Desert Cloak

Oh and The Summoner will probably have three more sets of equipment and scrolls required.

5. Re: The Great Quetzal Hunt

Don't forget feathers and a partridge in a pear tree. :D

6. Re: The Great Quetzal Hunt

Unfortunately while being able to get rewards from system PvP is certainly something players would like, this is a deeper mechanic change and comes with a lot of things we need to consider, including balance and potential abuse. We've had this on our roadmap for a while, but it's not something we have ready to implement at this time.

As for drops, they'll increase as new Epic Battles in the Great Quetzal Hunt series are released. You'll definitely want to get started with the event earlier than later, but getting the higher tier rewards is going to be more than possible. We'll continue to monitor and adjust drops as needed to help with this as well.

7. Re: The Great Quetzal Hunt

What is the purpose of the skulls?

8. Re: The Great Quetzal Hunt

@zagman, there an attack pot which you can use when you attack people.

@kaw com, the PvP rewards is no doubt a difficult thing to add with all the possible exploits and the like, personally I would just pike updates on how your getting along with it.

As of now, you say your working on it then a few months down the line we have no result. It's gets disheartening and give the impression that your ignoring the off system pvp community.

You never mentioned if we would be able to see a preview of the equipment stats before hand to see if it would be worth it going for the high tier stuff. I'm sure it would help you convince more people to take part and earn you some more $$$ in the long run.

9. Re: The Great Quetzal Hunt

any other epics drops feather i know:

the new one
    hte
    rowb

but hope any other epics drop one?

10. Re: The Great Quetzal Hunt

It seems there's just too many things to collect, one minute you need scrolls the next you need banner pieces the next you need feathers now skulls are dropping to, do anybody have the boot or skull or ring upgraded from the scrolls yet? Lol KaW is going crazy, you may as well add in an equipment sales market like eBay where people can sell old equip to other kawers, or exchange back into KaW for mith, gold, aqua inferno etc just to top things off 

11. Re: The Great Quetzal Hunt

Generally we don't announce specific stats of items beforehand. That said, if you look at the stats of Ice Moth items in comparison to similar items from before we'll be trying to have a similar balance.

12. Re: The Great Quetzal Hunt

Oh so big spenders will be number one by over 50k items (Kuzmich). Scams are scams, will never change..

13. Re: The Great Quetzal Hunt

So crap stats and impossible to enchant....thanks devs for wasting more of your time on useless events!

14. Re: The Great Quetzal Hunt

I know this is a bit off subject but since we are talking updates I'm gonna ask. And I also asked in another one of our threads this question also :)

Do you have an update on the banners? Like when they will be released or even just the other builds they will be supporting? Thanx keep up the good work :)

15. Re: The Great Quetzal Hunt

Yeah.... give us 40k feather as of now. 80k.....WOW smh thought moth would be the worst of the worst. But you guys did it again! *slow clap*

16. Re: The Great Quetzal Hunt

@kaw com, would it be worth a try to tell us the stats before hand?

I think the general consensus for the moth hunt was that we never Knew the stats before hand it felt like a waste of time. Because of that I'm sure that some people won't be taking part because of that risk.

This may have been the overall opinion or just the vocal minority but I feel that it's worth trying out. Then again with a game this diverse you can't please everyone but you can try your best to appeal to as many as possible.

17. Re: The Great Quetzal Hunt

No disrespect, but your blatantly wrong.

Kaw_Admin said beforehand that you would indicate the stats for the items within the next eb event. I dug into the threads to find the quote I swore I had read, here it is:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=155499&start=260

18. Re: The Great Quetzal Hunt

You're*

:p

19. Re: The Great Quetzal Hunt

Wow. Crap payout. Hey guys I have an idea!! Never mind making cash on normal ebs!! Do these feather ones so u can get crap weapons. I've already been burnt by moths!! Never again. At least make payouts half decent....

20. Re: The Great Quetzal Hunt

kaw_community, you may want to research before you answer.

kaw_admin said the moth hunt would be a pvp event for ee and ospvp, then that changed and y'all changed it to eb and ee only.

You guys also promased off system pvp perks by mid January to mid Febuary, that never happened because you guys placed EE wants and updates above off system pvp wants and updates.

So yes, y'all was specific, and it would be nice to know why, specificaly and only, off system pvp keeps getting pushed backed, left out, and ignored.

Props for the Farmfest deal, but that was only two badges.

Where is our promos, why can't we be added into these fun event?

A good non-generic answer please.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.