Regarding Future Combat and Gangs at War

Discussion in 'Past Announcements' started by [ATA]Grant, Oct 4, 2014.

1. With Future Combat and Gangs at War closing on October 15th you’ll be seeing more and more players from these games coming into Kingdoms at War. You’ve already welcomed many of these players with open arms and we’re thrilled about that. We hope you’ll continue to be just as welcoming as these players look to settle down, make new friends, and establish a new home.

To those wondering why we are closing down Future Combat and Gangs at War, this difficult decision came down to a variety of factors. We understand the disappointment that comes from losing something that played a large role in your lives. For many at A Thinking Ape, these were games they had spent much of their time on, and so it’s been difficult for them as well.

Both games have seen a declining population over the last few years and ultimately reached a point in which the game was not sustainable. Because of this, we as a company were not able to provide the kind of experience we believe our players deserve. This led to our decision to shift our focus as a company and devote our time and energy where it could do the most good.

Moving forward as a company this means we’ll be continually improving the experience our players receive in Kingdoms at War, Party In My Dorm, and Meego Village. Beyond this, we’ll also be working on new and exciting things both in the form of new content for our existing games, as well as brand new games such as SMASH Monsters.

We hope you like what we’ve got coming in the future.

Sincerely,
    All of us at A Thinking Ape

2. Follow me if you need any help new players.

3. 
    Do that!

4. Why didn't you post this when you shut the games down?

5. K den

Meh

Wish I still had gaw would've got achieve lol

Meh

6. I am disappointed FC/GAW are being closed down, but change happens. Sorry for all those players from FC/GAW who are forced to stop playing, but me and a lot of others will be helping you, just ask!

Welcome to KaW :)
    Follow if you need any help

7. For the love of spragga, never follow IronMaiden.
    Thanks for the update kaw_com.
    Give us a hint what these "new games" will be?
    Or a sitrep on what's going on with kaw updates. We've been waiting a while, I think we deserve a little teaser, and a general timeframe (example, Sometimes between November and February.)

8. Definitely

9. At that time we had only begun our process and had not yet set a date for the closure of FC and GaW. As of today, we have announced the date of October 15th.

10. Welcome to KaW all GaW and FC users

11. Don't give anything away, and ruin the surprise. Just drop a hint about what's next, (poke kaw_creative awake) and give players on the edge of retirement a little incentive to stick around.

12. Devs, when do you guys plan to do the next event?

Also,in regards to my perm silence I can appeal this month but do I have to do it on the day I was silenced to be exactly 3 months? (Ex silenced June 17 is appeal Day October 17?)

13. Will, there be another event this month?

Happy Anniversary, Kingdoms at War

Happy Kawing, Everyone.

14. Welcome again to any FC/GaW users

15. You guys could just refund us the hundreds/thousands we spent on your game. And thank us for our effort in organizing our own BOS/ASW's and other fun events on gaw. ️

16. The hell is a Bos?

17. @Users asking about events, Halloween's coming up, pretty much a no brainer :D

18. I don't know anything about running a company but can't you just keep the server running just not update it or manage it I've seen plenty of companies that have stopped support of their game but still let it continue to stay up one being dragon magic support stopped in 2013 and it is still running today. I dont know how much it cost to host a server to run a game like gaw but i dont imagine its that much seeing how smaller companies that dont make hardly any profits off there apps keep it running pls respond because im not bashing u i just honestly dont know and would like to hear your reasoning this explination is not that detailed. Also i dont think its fair to gaw players i personally havnt played but i could just imagine what it would be like if kaw shut down i wouldnt mind if there was system ran events/wars that did not need devs support even if it would be a worse experince id still be glad to play.