Racism acceptable?

Discussion in 'Wars' started by VoxVaporRub, Dec 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Muffin man you are correct. You are a noob and there is no such thing as farming. It's a war game. Whack who you like just ensure your stats are bigger than your mouth.

2. Proof it was his alt?

3. The comment on Laoda's wall was a bigoted or racist attack.

Using a racial stereotype to denigrate someone is the definition of a racist attack. The comment was not an attack on Laoda as an individual, but on Laoda as (supposedly) being a member of a particular race or ethnicity. The comment used a racial stereotype to insult a player, and in doing so, instead of being a personal attack on the individual, insulted all players of that ethnicity.

A simple test: Does the comment denigrate the individual, or anyone of the same ethnicity?

If the comment is not limited to a personal aspect, and instead is insulting only because of the player's ethnicity, then you have a racist attack.

To imply that players of the denigrated ethnicity are complicit in making this a racial issue is to blame the victims. That is the excuse all racists make in an attempt to make their racist views acceptable. Merely lacking an overt racial label does not excuse the bigoted comment.

In this case, the commenter attacked Laoda by stating that because Laoda is (supposedly) Asian, he, like all Asians, must enjoy eating dogs.

The comment attacks Laoda, not as an individual, but due to a ethnic identity Laoda (supposedly) shares. It was a racist attack.

Calm

4. If laoda doesn't care, neither should anyone else, and if laoda feels offended he should email the developers or contact an admin.

That's all there is to it.

5. I'm gonna have to agree that's reaching. Baaaad. Aussies eat kangaroo, would that be racist? Replace canine with kangaroo and Laoda with an Aussie player, is that racist?

Asian countries, some, eat dog, how is that racist?

6. So.....is laoda going to answer the question ?

7. Oh and wouldn't it be Laoda's job to pull the race card?

And lets clear one thing up. It's hog piling on the strips.

8. Carebears you and I often disagree but today we agree. I will add you to my potential friends list. However there are plenty of fools here who just won't understand what a racist is. If I talk about the French as stinky cheese surrenderers they will call me racist in spite French not being a race.

9. Mu7 wall. Laoda accused mu7 of account sharing. Isn't the punishable?

10. YES !!! I bet nothing happen to poor ole butt hurt laoda

11. Why did zaft allow this thread ? I thought u guys was anti public speaking ? Yes it was a uncalled for comment but not racist just stating a fact that might get a response like eating monkey brains cause it's classed as a delicacy 

12. Stupid post, with a stupid title. Everyone knows Racism is unacceptable. Common knowledge you attention whore. Report it - support@athinkingape.com and stop playing this weak political bull**** card we have a war to win.

OmegaLSA

13. Laoda is Asian ,,,,,,I did not know that , I was just going on past convos

14. It's opened out a rather interesting read , and pointed out the problems with the world , Laoda didn't cry about it because he wasn't offended ,it was a question the political correct crying noobs wanting there egos stroked cryer about it . Yes I have background no it wasn't racist ....I'm aware of the rules and breached the boundaries but not crossed ,,,, I apologise to hog as I'm new to there family not to anyone else who I'm overly familiar with . In short do your worst lol it's been a rather pittyful effort so far and I'd gladly sit clan less and giggle at inc ,,,,,,,,grow up lol

15. Stereotyping lol

16. Stereotyping is a clever tool that helps one get through life in a simple way. The lazy approach if you will. It's the thing that tells you to stay out of black neighborhoods if you want to decrease your chance of having a crime committed against you. Perhaps it is a survival instinct. I see little harm in stereotyping, I think it should motivate a stereotyped people to overcome their stereotypes and to stop doing whatever they are doing.

17. This has been a pretty interesting debate and generally done in an adult manner.

Some saw it as an attack on their clan which is a shame as I don't believe that anyone was suggesting that Hog or any other clan for that matter are racist.

Good to see differing views on an emotive topic generally made in a sensible manner.

Intelligent, thoughtful and serious debate on forums - wow.

Cheers
    Snr 

18. What you fail to see is ,,, I didn't stereotype nor make any racist comment ,,, I asked a question ,,,,,,,, yet people fail to note my name ,,
    If I was called captin grave digger and asked about the way zaft was heading would that also be offensive ?????

19. And to illiterate I'd like to counter complain please mods / admins in not a Racist nor ever have been I don't like the accusations nor the stigma , I'd like that sorted timely please.
    Akinf regards roads aka split_link

20. Racism is not acceptable in any form of the game... Im talking about RACISM though not mentioning a country that's not western. This is not racist, stereotypical yes but not racist. My observation is that almost everywhere people are worked up about racism. The people that play the 'your racist card' are often the ones which are racist as others don't even count that as a factor.

Back on track racism is not ok but that comment isn't .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.