Racism acceptable?

Discussion in 'Wars' started by VoxVaporRub, Dec 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sounds like some cheesy propaganda towards our home in my opinion. While some things are said here and there in war that may be wrong, its part of the game. To my knowledge there are no racist members in Heart family. That being said, im sure every clan has those who become hot tempered. I myself am hot tempered at times...... Propaganda is fine, but sometimes its just plain stupid content. The subject in this is a reasonable question, yet the slander is not okay.

-Z

2. What really saddens me is when your own clan mates trash talks you because you left osw. Look at chongo's wall.

3. I do find it as a racist joke. I would not go so far as to say the one at fault is rasist.

I disagree with Loada and the op in the fact that they did not go through and contact a mod with this issue and report the player.

I also find it juvenile that op made a post and made the title of said thread: "Racism acceptable?" when he/she did not contact a mod with the issue.

The title makes you think that the op or Loada contacted a mod or devs/support and no action was taken.

"Inaction to prevent evil is as worng as the evil itself "

Yes, it is a small racial slur. A minimal slur towards asians, but a racist comment none the less

It falls in line with calling someone gay or a fag. Common slurs with prejudice meanings. (One I found via Eagle, is acceptable via tou or his/hers personal opinion )

Though there is a difference from being a rasist and saying a rasist joke, what is commonly accepted isn't always right. This may be an instance where what the offender said something that is commonly accepted but in the end it is not right. Though this same rasict joke falls in line with the prejudiced joke of calling someone gay. It is commonly accepted throughout Society, but it is still wrong.

Actions or inactions taken from this is important. I would agree contacting a mod, but a forum post I find unneeded unless you was actully willing to take the proper steps to see such a thing is delt with. (In other words, report the issue to a mod.

4. All the silly Tou aside free societies do not accept racial slurs of any type. Tou just stands as a reminder to behave as we would outside the game
    As you mentioned op the clans are enjoying this war. The previous one I quite enjoyed the incoming from the Hogs and MG.
    I guess not being a leader or a celebrity I only received hits strips and funny comments. Some on banners " That Murph chick burnt all my scout pots". Im sure the Hogs have already chastised the offender. Don't let one persons mistake reflect on all. It's disappointing when someone resorts to this for everyone.

5. SNR  cheers brother

6. I've taken a look at the wall post and in my honest opinion don't see it as a racist comment.

As previously said by others, in a lot of Asian countries dogs are eaten -just last week I was discussing a situation where a friend had been in a restaurant in the east where a guy had walked in with his pet dog on a lead, and proceeded to order and eat dog from the menu!

Different cultures have different diets, and lots of things are not socially acceptable to people from other cultures-I often find myself going hungry rather than eating the staff meal provided for me SO repulsive that I physically can not eat it, as I living in a different environment than where I grew up, and local people think 'westerners' smell funny because we eat a lot more dairy products! Which actually does make sense!

In all honesty this post reminds me of over-enthusiastic do-gooders trying to stop 'Christmas lights' because it might be offensive to others, whereas it has been been shown on numerous occasions that people of many faiths enjoy the hustle and bustle of Christmas spirit!

If somebody does find this offensive then they are free to refer it to any or all mods, or to support for further review-racism is NOT tolerated by ata in any of it's games.

iphi

7. ^ yup you got it.

8. Did Chongo leave or change his name?

9. There is a difference between stereotyping and racism, although it can be a thin line sometimes.. I agree with Iphito.

I feel that it is just a negative aspect of a particular stereotype .. Not to say it is the most MATURE thing to say , but I've seen worse; and choosing this venue of bringing it to light is the exact same thing you "feel is wrong"

Negatively stereotyping a group, because of the actions of one person associated with that group.

10. Phew normality has resumed.

11. Stereotypes are generalizations of actual events. Different ethnic groups of people most certainly do behave in definable ways. To simply acknowledge this is not to denigrate anyone.

Racists happen to employ stereotypes to spread their own ethnocentric ideology. In other words, you can use a computer to illegally download pirated content. That doesn't mean that all computers are bad. Not all computers are used to download pirated media.

An author implies and a reader infers.
    The comment doesn't mention race.
    There is no implication of race.
    The alleged racism is inferred by the reader.
    Therefore, the racism exists latently in those who take offense to the innocuous comment.

Moderators can't silence over the semantics of suggestive comments. You have to email support and convince them to silence over violations in the "grey area."

Per the OP's request, here is my opinion:
    Was it Politically incorrect? Yes.
    Was it rude? Yes.
    Was it racist? No.

12. Oh nicely put Sir

13. Very nicely said Amigo!!  

14. This is a GAME. If you take offence to anything or care for ANYTHING that ANYONE has to say about you on it, you should not be on the internet

15. Well, he can always have him taken to a football stadium and shot.

16. I wanted to make a really good comment here, but it looks like everyone already said everything I would have, so in short, you're wrong op.

17. Dude that's a horrible thing to say.

18. Yeah, we'll i'm a horrible person.

19. I am new to kaw yes I am a "noob" however I am a strong believer I equality and I believe any and all racism is totally unacceptable. The farming and stripping rules (5 hits 24hr)should be completely ignored for those who resort to such vulgar and degrading behaviour. I believe there should be a organisation or clan who stands up to these disgusting people and make them suffer !! They should be hunted down like rabid animals. I for one will strongly support and help any and all who fight against these despicable humans!!! Name and shame these animals so we can stop the racism NOW!!

20. No to racism. But you can't say racism is a small thing now. It is still very large

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.