Perfect Drift - ATA's Newest Game

Discussion in 'Past Announcements' started by [ATA]Grant, Nov 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nothing wrong with making a new game. Hell it would be boring just working on war games. Also a company that expands it's horizons is more likely to succeed than those who stick to just one style of gaming/product.

2. @Narwhal
    I'm pretty sure it's about someone saying iPhone users ournumber android users.
    Which is untrue statistically as proven by vlad (who I assume got his numbers from a trustworthy source)
    Then that other guy started saying that there are several different OS for android which means our users are erratically spread.
    While iPhone drop updates from a certain iOS version when it reaches a certain period.
    Of course, I could be wrong and be spouting nonsense. Feel free to continue.

3. My source was actually an Apple fanboys website. The title was like this "iOS and Android gather together 96% market share". That's similar with iiivladiii and Redstar have together idk...over 500T BFA.

4. When I wrote iPhone I meant Apple.
    Should have edited that.

Anyway, my point was...
    All ATA had to do was focus on the main android os brackets since android currently dominates the market due to affordability and its power.
    I mean the iPhone 6 is still running 1Gb of ram.
    Hell, I bet that's part of the reason why Perfect Drift isn't on iOS.
    However, if they optimised it... Maybe.
    I mean Infinity blade and Modern combat games are gorgeous on iOS.

5. @Sasuke the fragmentation graph is quite relevant. But not completely. That graph is collected by Google among devices running official Android build. Many of Gingerbread, ICS and JB have custom KitKat builds even if OEMs didn't provided KitKat updates. That's the beauty of OpenSource. Anyone can build a base from source. As we speak I'm waiting only for Google to update manifests for Nexus 5 so I can build my own AOSP Lollipop without being needed to wait for an official OTA.

6. iOS can get away with 1GB of ram due to the electrical and mechanical designs of the phone it self as well as the iOS software.

To me it is like comparing an gaming rig with 12GB of ram and 16GB of ram. 95% of the users would not be able to tell the difference, because most games are made to use maybe maybe 6-8GB of ram. More and more developers are using the graphics chips/ram than the actual system ram.

7. @vlad
    I'd rather wait for the official release for lollipop.
    Still waiting though.
    They promised us Nov 2-3 :/

@Guy who quoted me
    Then I go on to say that although multitasking is not one of iOS's strong suits.
    They do have optimised games.
    Graphically intensive games that work well.
    That 1gb of ram was a minor jab.
    I still await Infinity blade for Android T_T

8. Google never promised Lollipop for Nexus 5 in 3th November. Google was talking only about Nexus 9 and Nexus Player. Nexus 5 getting Lollipop in 3th was just rumours. Nothing more. Tho the AOSP source code is uploaded right now. Only few things left for Google to upload in order to have everything I need in order to build it from source.

9. So I made my account name Dash... when I started the app again it makes me start all over... devs help me get my account back please

10. iOS can get away with 1Gb ram and a dual core cpu because is not multitasking. Android is multitasking that's why +2Gb ram and +2Ghz quad-core CPU is required for a great user experience.

11. Wow...my device isn't compatible with the game -.-

12. @Dash you should Perfect Drift feedback. The support team is very helpful. I had same issue and took 5 minutes to have it fixed.

13. Did you tried the "Get it from Google Play" from the link provided in OP?

14. I found it earlier now looked at link and now I can't get it...

15. You see, your knowledge of android outreaches mine.

I also have a nexus 7 2013...
    I could have sworn that this was getting lollipop day 1.
    Might have confused it with the nexus 5.
    I don't have the source I read it from I'd check my android authority app for an ss but too much work.
    The Nexus 6 and 9 are glorious.
    Shame that people are saying that the 9 has poor battery life and that it has that 4:3 screen ratio.
    Letterboxing on youtube etc.
    Nexus 6's price jump is crazy but for those specs, understandable.

We're going wayyy off topic.

16. Uh, thank you for confirming my other comment?

17. According with Google Nexus twitter account Nexus 5 and 7 will get OTA updates in upcoming weeks. My bet is after 12th November (the day when Nexus 6 will actually be on sale). Most likely factory images will be available on Google website before that so you can put your hand on official update sooner. All you need is to be familiar with adb and fastboot commands.

18. They're smart for diversifying instead of continuing to try to improve kaw, which I say has already reached its peak.

19. This sounds like the same story for need for speed most wanted.. Or one of em

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.