patriots play off loss. discuss!

Discussion in 'Other KaW Discussion' started by Moose2, Jan 25, 2016.

1. Patriots had so many opportunities to win this game too.

2. ^ exactly. they were off today. im so disappointed, they could've won but they just made one mistake after another.

3. Rofl, I think you need to edit this post

4. Woot BRONCOS!!!!!!! Fan since birth happy to be here to see this and yes like Elway Manning will take his Victory lap after the game then humbly retire. Class act.

Fun fact: Mannings rookie year was 1998 which was, you guessed it, Elway s last year. So happy to have 2 amazing QBs representing our organization, not to mention Kubiak

5. Broncos didn't win this game, patriots beat themselves, bad call to go for it a 5mins left and not kick the FG, extra point also cost them. That being said credit to ware for playing outstading. It was extremely impressive for the Pats to make it this far given the injuries to Blount, Lewis and Mayo. Hope to see them in Super bowl 51.

#PATSNATION

6. Haha patroits lost that's there is to it broncos beat fair and square

7. The deciding factor was Gastkowski missing the extra point on the Pats first Touchdown. Instead of the game ending with an interception on the 2 point conversion, the game would have gone into oovertime. Was his first missed extra point attempt in his NFL career career.

8. TRANSLATION:
    "I watched our team blow extra points and throw crucial game losing interceptions. I now feel comfortable saying Brady is the greatest of all time and Peyton 2nd."

9. Yea. I really called that one badly lol.

10. He hadn't missed in over 500+ attempts. His streak was the world record wasn't it?

Seriously tho what a dum friggin game to miss a kick. It wasn't even a difficult kick. That should have been the type of kick he can make with his eyes closed. Ppl will never let him forget that.

Reminds me of Ace Venturas Ray Finkle. Lol

11. While these are my two favorite teams, The Broncos are by far my number one.

I'll just come right out and say it. Brady is an arrogant jerk. A great player, yes. But an arrogant jerk. And considering their history, watching Peyton beat him was great.

If all goes well, this may be Peyton's last year. If he could end with a Super Bowl win, at Super Bowl 50 nonetheless, it would be better than how John Elway ended his career.

Here's hoping, right?

12. Its what always has beat Tom Brady. Get to him with pass rushers, not on blitzs. He's still going to make some passes in double coverage to his guys, they are good. But make that pass a really hard decision for him.

Either way Pats lost this game because Bellichick choked hard on the end game management. If he would've kicked that field goal instead of going for that 4th and 16 they win.

13. I don't follow "professional cheating teams", with that being said I enjoyed the Broncos win, I saw the game didn't see any bad calls maybe 1 or 2 calls that could have been better but I'm not the one on the field watching the game making the calls so I'm sure they tried their best to keep it fair, it's a lot harder to cheat on these games now because of certain "teams" and "players", they gotta ruin it for everyone, the end of the game scared me I thought they were gonna play it safe and kick it BUT I'm sure all the tv comments of how bad the Broncos were gonna lose that game that they wanted to lay the business down, should have just played it safe but now everyone is gonna say how the better team lost, but it's more like the smarter team won 

14. Manning went 17-32 for 176 yards , 2 touchdowns he threw no picks

Brady went 27-56 for 310 yards with 1 touchdown and 2 picks.

Personally Brady has the worst game of his playoff career, now manning did well but Broncos defense is why they are in the super bowl.

15. We all know the reason the Broncos are in the super bowl is because of their defense. That's clear. Manning did well, not taking anything away from him, but c'mon Broncos defense made Brady have the worst playoff game of his career, with constant pressure and different defensive schemes. Broncos defense forced Brady into throwing 2 picks , which is un-Brady like especially in a playoff game.

16. The only player Brady really ever trusted in double coverage was gronkowski, gronk has been Brady's safety net all year. Who can blame him when you have a tight end of his caliber? But when the going go rough and Broncos blitzed, Brady is not exactly a mobile qb, and it showed, he couldn't make anything happen. Patriots offense was stagnant, though if patriots had converted that 2 pout conversion at the end it would've went into over time.

17. Nah. No need to correct that post. "2 pout conversion" works just fine 

18. Support

19. Pats lost cuz of injuries and they were playing in Denver - even gronk struggled with the altitude

Pats offense is more dynamic (cuz of their shifty receivers and gronk who is a beast) than Carolina's offense - Denver def should have an easy time keeping Carolina offense in check. As long as manning/Denver doesn't turn it over and manning does his thing and not force things...Denver should win this.

Things to consider regarding Carolina
    - even though carolina beat down the cardinals... It should b noted that Palmer dislocated his finger in his throwing arm in week 15 and it has been causing him issues. He's played 3 teams since his injury: 2 wins against Green Bay (he won but Green Bay is a terrible team with a great quarterback) and a loss to Seattle where he looked terrible
    - Even though Carolina def is ranked 2 in the NFL that can't b taken too seriously if their strength of schedule was ranked 27th in NFL. What about Denver? Denver had the 10 hardest schedule and ranked #1 in defense .
    - Carolina is #1 in takeaways and scoring off the turnovers. They are opportunistic ball Hawks...they are the best at getting interceptions and causing fumbles and making you pay. We all saw this when they played Seattle and Arizona which is why Denver cannot win if they turn the ball over. If you watched nfc title game: carolina caused 7 turnovers and 2 of them were back breaking interceptions in the end zone and they scored 21 points off those turnovers. Denver wasn't great at causing turnovers yet that maybe deceptive. Denver has 2 amazing cornerbacks who will play man to man; typically quarterbacks won't throw in their direction because unless you are on the money with the pass - they will intercept it. For the most part Denver's corners contained Edelman and amendola but they had difficulty containing gronk (no one can over him); Olsen is great but he's not gronk and they will have an easier time guarding him.

Personally I think the game will depend on
    - can Denver contain Newton if he scrambles
    - whose run game will b better (I think neither will be effective)
    - who turns it over more
    - I think the 2 weeks rest will favor manning; the rest will do him good