patriots play off loss. discuss!

Discussion in 'Other KaW Discussion' started by Moose2, Jan 25, 2016.

1. That's a really great analysis!

2. Lots of people dogging Brady,he is one of the top 4 qbs to ever step on the field,I by all means am no Patriots fan...but give the man his respect,he is elite to say the least...as for the super bowl I see broncos pulling off the long shot den 27 car 23 Peyton gets his ring for retirement

3. I hate Brady but he's great qb

No matter what u say - he's up there as an elite qb

His o-line was shuffled more than any NFL team ever all time - how many qbs can take a terrible o-line and do what he does. His rb was a has been. Give him an avg rb and an avg o-line and he might have won.

4. I love crapping on Brady, and the patriots in general because I believe they are a dirty franchise.

Is Brady talented? Yes! Absolutely. Is Brady elite? Yep. He is. However, his legacy is tarnished by scandal, and that's a shame. The real tragedy is that he probably didn't need to cheat to get his lists of accomplishments. During the last decade, the pats were good enough to do the things they did anyway.

If we look at classic football, we see people like Vince ("winning is everything. It's the ONLY thing) Lombardi, Bart Star, and Jonny Unitas. These people are recognized across the board as football legends, and they have such broad appeal because they are clean.

Was Lance Armstrong talented? Sure, but he was dirty. He used performance enhancing drugs.

Was Sammy Sosa talented? Sure, I suppose, bit he's not in the same league as babe Ruth because Sosa played a lot of games with a corked bat.

Is Brady talented? Yes. Absolutely. But last year he was playing with non regulation footballs. And prior to that, the pats coach was embroiled in spy gate. And the first time that the pats went to the super bowl, the reason they got there was because during the "pats vs raiders" play off game, the raiders should have won when they hit Brady and he fumbled his ball at the end of the game, but the refs reversed the call because of the infamous "tuck rule" which is something I have never seen before or since.

So, there ya go. True believers will look past the numerous scandals and just engage in blind flag waving, and that's great. That's what fans do. The term "fan" comes from the word "fanatical". But, due to the above stated reasons, Brady is hated my many and no matter how much fans wish it wasn't so, his legacy will be one that is forever tarnished with many scandals.

5. Off topic sort of. According to mith busters corked bats were less powerful then an average bat. They only advantage was the person had confidence that they had a advantage.

6. Brady could have my babies

7. 

8. Never heard of them.

9. Well where do I began my pats played like crap broncos defense made sure of that, agreed pats lost there comm to their tablets agreed we missed an extra point agreed no mention of talibs hold on gronk in plain sight last play of game. Oh BTW all teams cheat and even other NFL coaches admit it GO PATRIOTS

10. Why do we debate sports when there are more important injustices in this world

11. Sports is a nice way to have a debate with out having any real consequences. (Such as getting a crappy national health care program, or welcoming terrorists into your country, or nominating/electing an orange haired lunatic reality star)
    It's nice to have things society can care about that aren't life and death

12. Fair point. Carry on with posting Tom Brady memes

13. The league has not yet committed to making any of their collected PSI information public. However, a source with knowledge of the situation says that the league may be releasing a summary of the data between the conference title games and the Super Bowl.
    A rough translation: The league will only release PSI information if the data is favorable for its argument. If it's not, then those numbers will never see the light of day.
    Even if the numbers are released, the validity of the data will be questionable since the NFL office has a history of putting out false data to make the Patriots look bad.

14. I don't think that statement comes from the NFL wanting the patriots to look bad. Actually, I think it's just Goodell showing incompetent damage control.
    Last year we had a player from the Vikings beat his little boy until he bled from his scrotum.
    We also had a player punch a woman out in an elevator and drag her out like a sack of potatoes.
    I think Goodell became controversy averse and didn't want even one more scandal, hence the statement you posted above

15. I don't have to crap on Brady.

I'm a Giants fan.

16. Moose needs to get over his hatred of the Patriots. Every team cheats. Payton Manning is under investigation for using HGH. The Broncos have had more players than any other team over the last 10 years penalized for using PHDs.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_su ... all_League

As for deflatgate, the lengthy scientific report prepared by Exponent, a consulting firm with a dubious background, having disputed the dangers of secondhand smoke and asbestos, provided the science to back the conclusions of the Wells Report. After the Wells Report was released with the PSI values, scientists at AEI, Carnegie Mellon, the University of Chicago, Boston College, Rockefeller University, the University of Illinois and Bowdoin College have all come to the same conclusion - the deflation levels could be explained by the ideal gas law with the exception of 1 ball. It just so happens that one ball spent a little time on the Colts sideline :shock:

[​IMG]

Spygate had nothing to do with stealing playbooks. Patriots were filming from the wrong area of the stadium and can be summed up in 1 picutre.
    [​IMG]

17. If it wasn't for the missed PAT, the Patriots could have tied it with a PAT rather than needing a 2pt conversion. close game...

18. Peyton won his Super Bowl.
    The guy is immobile n time to fade away n go into the HOF.
    Panthers eat him up like the Seahawks did.
    Its the Newton era along with Brady n Wilson.

19. Page 6 - I called it