- N O - M A T C H U P - S O L U T I O N S -

Discussion in 'Wars' started by Wulf, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Tired of hearing about bad matches on the devs!!!! Looking some of the clans exploiting matchups --- a few lb guys and a ton of guild hansels --- teams stacking ---- blame the players!!!!! Yes there are still bad matchups / don't want them don't war ! I do think the bfa of players is weighted very low for matchups

2. Drgn, wulf get them to hurry up n release what the plan is lol.

I need to make major changes to our roster and sooner I found out what I need to do the better...

3. Penguin, thanks for the answer, I can't find anywhere says guida hansel clan is illegal, can you give me a link please.

4. I have more problem with the fact that guild hansel clans are matched with the SAME clans every other war, it's getting boring

5. Couldn't have made title a lil better?

6. Guild hansels are not illegal. They're just being used to exploit the system like hax or as strategy, whichever way you view it

7. Want to address some comments about strategy.

True there is some strategy to clan prep before EE but don't put your self out of the fight by taking it too far.
    True strategy would be seeking an advantageous setup that does not trigger tons of no-match.

Saying that clans should be able to do what they want "fair match or not" is asinine.
    Thats like taking a non-regulaton bat to a baseball game and being told you can't use it and pitching a fit over it.
    Or putting on 10 pounds of muscle then being told you can no longer fight in the welterweight boxing match and complaining that "its not fair I got no matchup cause I exercise, change the rules for me"

Now, that said:
    EE are not WARS!
    They have structure, predetermined time frames, rules, limited to no animosity, rewards for the winners.
    They are by definition "Competitions". "WarGames" if you will.
    Paintball - no bullets.

Think in terms of Jousting vs Fighting for king & country.

Don't like mindless Epic Battles?
    Feel limited by the EE "system"?
    You want a war where there are no rules, no limits, you can use just about any strategy and every member of your clan can be involved?
    Then hire some random clan admins allies and run a few full bars of steals and have that kind of war.

So sick of people crying "its not a war game anymore"
    Take some responsibility for that.
    GO TO WAR!
    14 or so of the past 18 months Regs have been at war.
    You never hear Zaft or iG or Apocalypse etc moaning that its not a "War game"

You want to grind EB and have a lil social club = fine
    You wanna taste the high energy of a structured tournament = fine
    You wanna real KAW war... nut up and become a war clan. Don't ask the devs to solve that one for you.

Ok - off my soap box

/Rant

8. i havent read the comments cause i dont have a lot of time, so sorry if this is said already, but i think if u get a no match u should get a little mith (around 5-10)

9. Wow...was expecting a well-detailed feedback from Devs after each "no match result" on how to increase the chances of matching up.
    Thanks Wulf. That should help clans on how to set up and organize themselves for wars!

10. So basically, if we're in a clan that had no matchup, we need to review our clans members, build strength, etc and try to fix accordingly. Not knowing whether we were too weak or too strong compared to other clans in our range, we just have to guess and check until we get it right, theoretically getting a couple more "no matchups" until we get it right.

Instead of simply being told we didn't get a matchup, give us a reason why we didn't. Something is better than nothing, and I'm sure if we're told we didn't get a matchup due to being slightly above or below the threshold would enable us to better compensate and rework builds/members accordingly.

11. Super, I can't send you a link, but if your given another no match, just think of that being the devs sending you that link ;)

12. Drgnblade, I think we all agree with that. It was a basic consensus on the other thread

13. Drgn has brought up a good point and solution. We shouldn't have to do a guess and check to get a match.

14. I've been out of town and offline a lot recently, so if I've missed something that was said on "the other thread", then please forgive me as I was unaware.

15. Not necessarily.

You could have just been unlucky. 51 clans sign up someone is getting no match even if every roster is identical.

But if you seem to get multiple back to back bad matches, then maybe examine other clans similar in size to you who got matches and see if there is an obvious discrepancy.

If you don't see it a politely worded email (support@AthinkingApe.com) asking for an explanation may work though do your best on your own first.

It would be nice if it said "you got no matchup cause no one was nearly as strong as you" or "you were too weak to find a suitable match" or "Odd man out - sucks to be you" or whatever. But there are so many variables that an automated message may not be feasible. If it can be worked though that would be great.

16. How about creating a unique EB for clans caught up in a "No Match" scenario? That way, it's not a waste of a gathering, and less disgruntled players waiting up for nothing. Just a thought...

17. Great thread and explanation. As for the comments... My general take is... Don't try to allow only guild hansels or 10 lb players and 25 tier 3 builds, because before EE you wouldn't have done so. Most clans with heavy hitters are All Heavy hitters, most clans with small tier 3 builds are all small builds with their 3 builds. Keep your clan Normal and strategize with your clan, don't invite in 10 HLBC into your small clan and expect yourself to have a normal matchup because other clans with 10 HLBC are generally ALL HLBC or close to it.

18. Wulf
    Glad you brought up the boxing fighter, a fighter who put up 10 extra lbs never crying about no match, because there is non nomarch, they will move up to diff weight class and alway have match. Pacquiao change weight 7 times, never heard he got no match.
    You said ee is no war but a competition, but every team should allow to compete, you said there is rules, please tell us where is the rule about what build a clan can have. Is like in nba, when a rockets got 7'6" Chinese man, should they say" he is too tall, we can't find a match".
    Point made, good night to all.

19. Lol super, you keep asking where you can find the rules saying that the guild hansel and LB exploit is not allowed. I keep telling you that the devs are kind enough to send it to your news feed, via no match.

20. Lol using height of players in NBA to make a point? Well why don't they matchup national league players with high school players?