- N O - M A T C H U P - S O L U T I O N S -

Discussion in 'Wars' started by Wulf, Mar 31, 2013.

1. We have changed our roster many times this week trying to tweak it so we could get a match up as well

2. OSW or Estoc Trials, Wars are just that and in the true spirit of PvP to the better Clan should go the spoils. Folks who War in this game are cut from a different cloth from the rest. We know there will always be a winner, and a loser, and that any given day we can end up on either side. There is plenty of content for softer Players to appreciate, our War System should not cater to the weak of heart. Let the Players decide the outcome, do away with this no matching and let the chips fall where they may. The next crop of All-Stars is to be selected from this group after all. Everybody should have a chance to prove their mettle with as little Developer intervention as possible. All's fair in love and war right? I am curious to see what the Developers decide to do in this regard, and hope they reconsider and allow the Players to control their fates.

3. Lol what I meant was SERIOUSLY changing your roster and stopping the exploit

4. And if I could edit my last post on my phone I would but, how many no matchs did you get this week? Not 6... I'm not saying it's impossible for a larger or smaller clan not to get the no match but it seems the devs are focusing on the lb/guild hansel clans

5. The devs are not fucusing on any sort of clan.

If you have a clan build that does not correlate with any other clan then theres no matchup. Its very simple.

6. So from that you concluded that ATA implemented no-match because of eb fairies?

Your #4 is incorrect. The no-match was not implemented to patch out uncommon clans. This was just a result of the threshold system and not the cause or focus. There's a certain range that two clans have to be within in order to get matched. The lb/GH creates a mix that may not be able to make this range with a potential matchup. It has been stated numerous times that the purpose of the no-match system was to avoid bad matchups, not target lb/gh combination.

7. Gamehendge, I must say, all of the posts I've read of yours have been very cogent and well written... On the other hand this latest post doesn't take into account several things... You claim that these wars should be solely PvP, yet it is the devs who assign these matchups.

Clearly it can't be truly PvP unless the players themselves choose who they will be warring which clearly can't happen because of an obvious exploit possibility. With that in mind, the only way to prevent ridiculous "no matches" is to have the devs attempt to create better matchups (which they have done). Unfortunately, this results in a few no matches. The pairings are significantly better now however, and it makes for much more Fun.

8. Resulted in a few no matches? Try an average of 20% per war compared to 5-7% when bfa was not weighted as much as it is now

9. Just FYI the threshold isn't sensitive to 1-2 mid range player changes in your clan. You are most likely going to have to make significant changes to improve your chances for a matchup. At this point, you don't know if you were "too strong" or "too weak" for a matchup so you might need to try strengthening and later weakening. The other sign ups aren't always going to have identical strength to previous sign-ups, which only makes things more difficult for you as you adjust ...

10. 20% were no matchups? You literally pulled that number out of your ass.

Fact:Their are fewer no matchup complaints then their were uneven matchup complaints.

Something is working.

11. Penguin perhaps maybe you could answer my questions on previous page.
    One more question, if a clan have to adjust the roster to get a match, why can't clan adjust the roster to get a fair match? Why they have to ask dev to do it?

Thanks

12. Wolfy, can you kindly update your EB thread thank you.

13. Even the most compelling posts to remove the no-match systems are not going to help I think...

If you recall, there was frustration due to bad matchups so this no-match update had to happen. There's a clear problem with a large amount of no-matchups, but going back to bad matchups is an unlikely direction

14. Nice job, wulf

15. no matchup is good, I got two stops - but it's fair and clans could adapt

16. Super, first off that's ALOT of questions to answer, but sure. Yes, building a clan is a strategy, yes the goal of strategy is to win, technically, if you're getting no match, then yes guild hansel clans are illegal, you can find that in your newsfeed from kaw.

17. And they can't adjust the roster to get a fair match because of the clans that have clear exploits like the LB and guild hansel clans. Hope that answered all your questions.

18. I am extremely happy with the war system, and the matching system. The devs have done a fabulous job on these estoc and rancor wars. I am less thrilled with clan participation rates. It is the lack of participation that is causing excessive no match results.

For me the best (maybe the only) solution is to introduce a greater incentive for more clans to take part in these wars. I don't know what the incentive should be, but something that encourages more clans to join war without giving excessive rewards to those clans who already win a lot of wars each week.

19. We need devs to officially confirm what the hell their doing for season 1...

20. Preferably before the season starts..