Moderators

Discussion in 'Questions/Feedback' started by Kezzer, May 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Who are half of these ppl :lol:

2. Are you implying that the moderators job is not getting done due to there being a large community? Because that isn't really true... The number of mods we have now seem to be doing their job efficiently.

3. Not what I was saying at all :) I was actually putting a few thoughts out there for people to discuss. You seem to think the mod team is fine right now which is great to hear.

4. Ah okay, gotcha.

5. They should bring back yarnes and Benny with his Ben-a-Knights

6. I personally think we have to many mods that do not do what they should or aren't really active in the community.

7. So what would you do to resolve this?

8. I think they should check the activity of all the mods and get rid of the ones who aren't really active then fill those spots with very active applicants.

9. So would you say the number of mods we have right now is a good number skittles but you would like to see some change in the mod team?

10. Pretty sure I saw this mentioned but I want to expand on it a bit:

I say there's two stages of mods.

Public eye:

These are the main guys you see in WC/Forums interacting with us. They take care of the direct violations.

Then you have the Background Mods.

Older moderators whom do a lot of background work away from the public eye.

Ish

11. Moose is a good example of a mod who works in the background and occasionally pops into wc/forums. I agree with your statement AJ I am simply asking the communities opinions on the topic :D

edit: Hi mango :p

12. It's rare to see any of these people active in wc and when they are you can normally guess who it is. For those who are semi active I think should be replaced with new applicants. Unless said mod is ok vacation. Those who are in the background I see are fine. Also allow mods to have a toggle to go between the two wc's so you have a higher presence. Just my two cents though.

13. It seems fine as size maybe go a little smaller but there are to many mods that are becoming less and less active. To counter act that make a mod job around 6 months and then let the community vote if they want that mod to stay or not to stay.

14. Tbh out of that entire list I've seen maybe 8 of them at best in WC or forums on a daily basis

15. I don't recognize half that list.

Come on skittles, while the idea in general is noble, we both know that a large part of the KaWmmunity will vote no just for the lols.

16. The real question is are you being serious inferno :lol:

17. Nah, but I will say that there are indeed some names on that list that I don't see very often at all, and it's not just because they're on a different server.

I think if you're going to apply to be a mod, you should be ready to devote some extra time to the game and the Kawwmunity. Real life always comes first, and mods aren't expected to be on 24/7, however imo, they do need to be relatively active when they can be. If they can't then they should humbly step down and let someone else that can be active take their place.

18. I knew you were joking but I have to agree there are some mods on that list that are less active than they should be but that's a matter for the devs and we don't know the full story behind them being less active so we shouldn't judge. I like that you are engaging in this topic as it could be seen as quite a controversial topic for a mod to engage in.

19. Totally agree with inferno...if you apply, you should step up and commit to more activity

20. Says he agrees with inferno but it was my idea.  no credit

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.