Moderators

Discussion in 'Questions/Feedback' started by Kezzer, May 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The full mod list is on my Silencing guidelines, with links to their in-game accounts. Been a few name changes though lately. I feel that moderators have an obligation to be a visible, positive influence, in addition to active and helpful - so we always need more.

That said, I feel too many mods could have a detrimental effect in-game. You don't want the community to feel "over-policed", and have people afraid to post. The social element (read - communication) is what drives KaW, so we need to encourage that.

2. I thought of something....

Is the problem "there are too many or too few mods" or "there are a lot of ppl who don't care of rules and conduct"

Because the more ppl who don't care about it the more active the mods needed to be but since we all have different lives we can't complain them but my friend who is an old player of kaw said that in the past there are not much ppl who violate the rules and conduct....

Since I don't know much about the past I'm not sure if it really was. But I think ppl should be reminded if why do we need to follow the rules or if what will happen if we let them to these things which would however allow the mods continue their lives since there are not much problem to the wc and other chats.....

And also, when I have just left this thread and look in the other I think all mods should also have a test by asking them questions about conduct because what now if mods are highly active if they themselves didn't follow the rules? It is pretty hard to come up a question that was really tensioning but there are some questions that however describe their conduct..... Just saying....

3. In my opinion, moderators should go through re-evaluation.

Moderators were introduced into the game to enforce ToU and to help out players.

It seems like a few have been lacking to do so.

Some mods are very inactive, or not active enough to effectively uphold the rules and provide help to those seeking it. Others just don't do it. I mean, they may silence people, but that about the largest extent they go to to do what they were selected to do.

Certain moderators should have their status revoked, and a wave of fresh, new and active moderators should take their place.

I also believe that the moderator's time zones should be a little more spread out.

4. I say around 2-3 mods per Timezone so they aren't flooded but aren't lacking the mods required to handle the players on at those certain times.

5. My list is the up to date list provided from the members list on the forums and is the full list.

Also I agree and disagree with your last statement. It all depends on the type of mods you have. If you have mods that are easy to speak to then people will enjoy speaking to them, if there are lots known for being unjust or overly silence happy then it can be detrimental to community relations.

I would imagine the devs do evaluate the mods seeing as the mod list is changed with old inactive ones removed although some more analysis could be done to help push the less active mods back into activity.

2-3 per timezone would work in theory however in practice there are timezones that are more popular and others that are less popular. They need to match the number of moderators relative to the demand the players provide. Less active timezones require less moderation and vice versa.

6. Panda George was all over the forums trying to be a mod then disappeared the moment it happened. Lol

7. Same applies for people who tried hard to become VK's. They get their little colored name and badge then fade away

8. In my opinion, the number of current moderators should be just fine. However, the Asian World Chat server has been loose and although I see only 4 moderators active in this World Chat server before, most rule-breakers either bypass or spam with 6 or more clan adverts in a 5 minute period.

I see that
    moderators are very low in activity watching World Chat for direct violations. Which led me to catching all of the above rule breakers 7 different times from 26 February 2015 to 14 May 2015.

And so far 6 has been replied with thanks from support! As I recall, at least 1 of the 7 cases were upheld and the players concerned got silenced by the Developers! :D

My recommendations? Need more moderating activity in the Asian World Chat server then I'd say the modding is just perfect!

Where are the moderators when you need them?

9. I see a slightly different take on this... Mods should, like yourself, Karma, inferno and others, be kind of like VK and police, wherein they also should be active and help ful in wc and encouraging chat. The best police officers are the ones that you can talk to and associate with as well as doing ther job keeping an eye out for the odd few breakin the rules.

#moregreeninwc #modsarenotevil #mods4vk

10. Busy roleplaying in PIMD

On a serious note some violations will be missed and it's down to players to help out where possible.

If violations are being missed though is that due to a lack of mods or is it always bound to happen occasionally?

11. I'd say it's lack of moderator activity. Number of mods in Asian chat, just fine. But activity, too low.

Any violations missed by
    mods, I'll catch those violations! ;)

12. Great Sean!

I'm glad that the interaction with this thread has been so high with mods, vk and players. I would also be interested in seeing an admin response but that isn't what this thread is all about.

13. Where did all these mods come from I've seen like 8 in all my time here 

14. And Sean Would you shut up and stop being such a kiss ass you're pathetic  get a life

15. U mad bro?

16. Why don't you get yourself a life too? What now if he's cheerful, at least he is USEFUL.

17. Dan if you have nothing useful to add to this topic then leave.

18. Thank you, kezzer1995! I will gladly accept that positive comment with honour!! :D

19. Imo inferno is a great mod and all mods should strive to be like him.

Like I ain't even heard or seen half them mods, I totally agree about activity checks on mods and having more active mods.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.