Kanye West, Creed, and the downfall of music

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Jayde, Feb 10, 2015.

1. If your referring to main stream music. Yeah it all sucks now. TBH most of the artists OP listed as true talents I don't much care for either except for Bowie. I can appreciate them for their artistry but just don't care for much on that list. For me personally I've never found much in the mainstream I've liked. I blame a lot of the dumbing down of music on Apple iTunes and the death of the "Record Store".

Not many good old fashioned newer guitar rock bands out there but if you like that check out "Prospector" from NYC listen to their song "Back to the Start" good stuff.

...i'ld love to see new hip-hop like The Ghetto Boys or Tony Touch again

2. Lol. Nice thread. Huge lover of all that is pure talent:).

Creed. What a joke. But not quite as much as Gavin Rossdale

3. This is mainstream music and the charts as a majority. There are great individuals contained within it but the majority are jumped up.

Look at alternative genres and up and coming bands and there are so many down to earth talented artists out there.

http://youtu.be/uve7GbidszM

4. Kanye is a hack. Comparing Beck to Beyonce is apples to oranges. The real travesty of the Grammys was Sam smith winning all those awards for a song that he ripped off from Tom Petty and Ledisi getting snubbed to perform in favor bootyoncé. Grammys are just like the Emmys. Waste of time.

5. Who is Kanye West. I like rap but never Kanye. Sometimes I think we are just getting old and we sound like our parents saying"the music today sucks" lol. He has no right to do that to the artist who has won. I do miss tho when the grammy's were actualy about good music! Lets hope more starving artist rise to the top!!!

6. I like loads of different music. I think Kanye West is an idiot, for doing things such as interrupting Taylor Swift. But he still makes good music. Like him or not, he's still a great producer

7. Honestly, yes. Music today sucks. But it has some bright spots. You just gotta find them.

I recommend Imagine Dragons, Coldplay, and Lorde. ;)

8. Coldplay isn't exactly new lol

Imagine Dragons, though. I agree there. Mainstream, but very talented. I enjoy them.

You could throw Muse up there, too, ya know.

9. Imagine Dragons isn't as good in the latest album.

I never liked Coldplay much, except their Paradise Song.

10. Its all about kaskade, alesso, bassnectar, above and beyond, tommy trash, dash berlin, cosmic gate, flux pavilion, galantis, showtek, nicky romero, a trak, nero, angelo, rusko, mt eden,12th planet, seven lions, magnetic man, adventure club, wolfgang gartner, armin van buuren, axwell, excision, dillion francis, caspa, feed me, r3hab, knife party, pendulum, noisia, nervo, subfocus, chase and status, major lazor, modestep, gabrielle and dresden, netsky, the brooks brothers, madeon, cazzette, oakenfold, datsik, ali and fila, blackmill, mat zo, arty, morgan page, porter robinson, justice, pretty lights, tritonal, ingrosso, carnage, bingo players, disclosure, atb, fatboy slim, diplo, camo and krooked, borgore, oceanlab, mr oizo, kill the noise, deadmau5, crystal castles, 4 strings, gareth emery, danny byrd, chuckie, benny benassi, fedde le grande, the m machine, tydi, and paul johnson.

11. A lot of EDM fans here, wow.

Sorry, for me it's all about that rock.

12. Kanye . Hard to do much else but laugh at him. Biggest joke of all time.

13. Ooooooo from Jayde no less

14. Finding it tough to figure out if this was an insult, or just an observation.

Either way, I'll take it.

15. Clutch and Mastadon are touring together. So there's that

16. Did anyone else read the title as "Kanye West, Weed...."?

17. The hip/hop and rock genres are going downhill, mostly due to a lack of diversity and new talent, however there are other genres that are seeing a lot of young talent. It feels like every couple of weeks there is a new and upcoming metal or post-hardcore band coming out. Not all of them are gems, but with the large influx of young talent there are at least a few that are incredibly talented and enjoyable.