THURSDAY SPECIAL TEST WARS - WAR 1 **UPDATE on KO**

Discussion in 'Wars' started by admin, Jul 18, 2013.

1. @Kaw_admin not to be a party pooper, but our war stats seemed a bit unfair. Taka's smallest was over 3 times our smallest.

2. @kaw
    Can I have a cookie please??

3. Fun and fair war w KU. They were a very good match for us. Looks like you're getting very close to having it right. They had higher CS, we had bfe and numbers advantage.
    Thank you! It's no fun to blowout or be blown out.
    Respect to KU. You all are a tough bunch.

4. Be prepared for anything. Its war guys. Not much different than if other clan threw something at you that you were not expecting.

Yhey giving extals back anyway. And they get to see how the matchup went.

Matchups. Hmmm. You can do all the tweeking you want on cs and strength. If you dont come to war with the right builds it dont matter

5. I thought our matchup was good. I think it was because of all the BFE on your hansels Jade, you guys have very good equipment.

6. I think there was a lot of mismatches first war imo. I know ur working on taking BFE into account but how much consideration goes into bfa?

P.S. I personally like the dtw dts. Thx for that change kaw

7. @i love kaw, true about the bfe, but three times bigger. Isn't that slightly excessive?

8. "How was your matchup?" Hmmm where should I start? We were outnumbered on combined stats, BFA, and plus one member.... No comment.

9. I guess so, but I still think it was a pretty close match. You guys did have 1 up on us as well.

I would like to say, it was a great fight SOTRA. Such a tough war for the whole 2 hours and was very close all the way up to the end. One of the most, if not the most, exhilarating wars I've been in. Much respect to you guys, and good luck 

10. @Kaw_Admin:

Sotra rising has matched Sotra Folkvangr the LAST 2 wars. losing at the same result each time. a huge mismatch. they had 4 hlbc players and we had none. what happened here?

11. @Kaw_admin
    how are the match up? well, you can't really satisfy everyone, there will be always complains, normally from the losing clan, every war, someone will lose.
    Me personally, I like fixed ko time, can put tracker in and more strategies too. but we take whatever you give to us.

12. Continuing Midweek test wars would make the weekend mid season wars run smoother as 'tweaking' can be refined midweek.

13. That is the plan.

14. @kaw_admin
    I think the match ups were better before you took the bfe and dts/dtw into the matchmaking.

The BFE part: The bfe can't really compensate the difference between the actual "raw stats".
    Maybe you really should take the bfe into the matchmaking but as it is now, it affects the match ups too much (in my opinion).

The dts/dtw part: I know it's difficult to handle this (within the matchmaking) but something needs to be done here. The problem is that e.g. a lb player (let's say rank #50) is not dts for the most people (like me). But this doesn't mean that I'm (or anyone else within my "strength category") is able to perform a successfull action on him but in the other hand he is able to hit (nearly) everyone else. So he could gain much plunder from his opponents but they can't get plunder off of him.
    I know they worked hard for their bfa but it's not really fair. My idea is that the bfa should affect the dts/dtw mechanics more. Maybe someone with 5t (I don't really know what amount is good to use here) in allies should be dts for a player with ~20b in allies. I hope you can do something about this.

Anyway.. I like the idea that you're giving us our xtals back which we used in the test wars! Thanks! Please keep it up

And please take a look at my question at page 2 (about the breakdown for the sotra-taka war)

15. Sorry KaW_Admin, I've asked on 2 threads now and I know my clan mates sent various feedback, where are we supposed to post worries of BFA jumping? Since no avenue we've tried has received a response.
    Thanks

16. Well ****
    We got pulled from the war because to many people signed up
    It would have been nice to know BEFORE the war started
    Thanks a lot.

17. Wow free wars, shame I'm on vacation :(

18. @JadeLeaf. Yes our smallest was way bigger than your smallest. But take a look at the equipment your clan is rocking. I glanced thru it all during the times I was KO'ed. Most of you were rocking max lvl or close to max lvl paladin equipment. We (Taka) had nowhere near the equipment you guys have. The devs did say one thing they were trying out was factoring in BFE into the match-ups. Just sayin'.

19. With that said, much respect to SOTRA, that had to be the most fun I have had in a war so far. Very close fought and it came right down to the wire.

20. @qwerty, that's nobody's fault but your own. Clans should monitor their signups so that doesn't happen. Not the devs fault you screwed up. Just get into the next one.