The Problem With Player Mods

Discussion in 'Other KaW Discussion' started by Jaffa-Cakes, Jan 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  2. I do enjoy Jaffa Cakes... yummy yum yum!

4. Support

5. can you enlighten as to why you are coughing, what was unpredictable? :)

6. They can barely get this game to function properly and you want them to develop a bot?

7. An example of a mod being, " unprofessional" and possessing a God complex is Moody.

Look at the 'How to grow an alt' thread in Active Topics to see the obvious saltiness.

Inb4 lock from a butthurt mod.

8. Y'all are calling out a mod then can't understand the lock decesion? We have established mods are not perfect.

Problem here is, y'all went off topic which was "How to grow a alt". Then proceeded to try & call out a mod. Calling one out here makes sense, as this is a thread about "the problem with player mods".

Two sides to every story here, for every thread a mod locks there are more that they just look over that may not be up to par with the set standards supplying they stay on topic.

We don't need a souless "mod" that silences & locks with no leeway. Players accuse the current mods of favoritism & being arrogant. Realistically speaking as stated a mod not would be severely worse.

What makes a thread spam? What qualifies as a silenceable bypass? What can be over looked in good taste? These are things that a mod bot could not distinguish between. Argumentively trash talking in Wc could be called spam. Multiple ads timed out could be spam.

Just as no one wants to see WC full of ads, not everyone wants to see a WC full of trash talk between players (I personally find trash talking amusing).

Conclusion: Do we want a mod bot silenceing & locking Everything that it deams spam? Or are not perfect player mods that make conscious judgement calls on what gets let through?

9. Moody targetted me, completely unprovoked. How is hat befitting a moderator?

If I get a 7 day silence for 'targetted harassment' surely Moody should suffer some consequence, in the from of being held accountable for 'unprofessional' handling.

@batdog. Your rp buddy 'Hadeswife' is a confirmed catfish...

10. Actually i didn't see moody target you, I was seeing that he placed his opinion in a thread like anyone of us do, making threads that seem to be lack of effort or derailing itself cause you wanted a question answered where it was
    Completely off topic would be enough to
    Lock it, but attacking another moderator cause of their opinions can easily lead a forum ban for 24 hours.

My advise is, don't like anyone else's opinion since you posted best of on your own
    Thread, then my friend forums ain't the place for you.

As mention so many times, have an issue with a moderator either take it up with them or email off to Support at support@athinkingape.com besides making a scene on forums.

11. *Advice

Also; forums are much more public. Mods should be held accountable for everything they do, not just by developers, but the players they rule over in a tyrannical manner.

12. How exactly did he target you?

You made a "guide", then proceeded to say it hasn't been tested. Sort of defeats the purpose of a guide imo.

I read the thread, he called it rubbish, which was what is opinion is and he is entitled to it. Where does it state mods aren't allowed to voice their opinion and be all sunshine and rainbows?

The thread was then derailed by yourself when YOU chose to target Moody, so it was locked.

13. I have yet to see this type of manner as far as I've been a mod, though mods do not "rule over" any player as we are also players ourselves.

Do we make mistakes? Sure do... I know I have and I have contacted support to reverse my doings seconds within doing so.

We mods are no different than any other player in the game except we have the ability to keep public channels clean. That's our purpose, so I never truly understood why so many are the mods cases when that's all we do.

14. We do this.

Mods + Employees + bots (filters are basically bots in the way you describe them)

An actual realistic addition would be individual player reporting. Something we've been designing/planning in our spare time but not something we've put significant resources into, as we had other higher value things to focus on in regards to tools and improvements. But it is something that we'd love to work on more (time permitting).

15. False. I liked Moose.

16. +4 Community involvement (I am keeping a tally :p )

17. False, read the whole thread. Kept an open mind and looked for valid ideas/criticism/complaints.

If you have serious complaints about a mod or our policies, please send us feedback or start a thread. We read all the feedback messages and try to stay on top of forums as much as possible.

18. As mark stated this thank you, now as being said, filters are bots to prevent certain words from being displayed on our public channels.

But when people bypass the Filter system and we see it or someone reports it via email with a screen shot, then we take action against those offenders that violated the ToU.

Moderators and developers and support are here to provide a better gaming experience for our community so as a team, we work as one, if there's an issue we work through it and if it's bugs we report we test we smash those bugs away.

The terms of use has been placed here for a reason, we have moderators that know of the ToU we have number of players here that know the ToU and also developers when they are online.

Moderators are also players as well where we
    Can voice our own opinions but also be professional about it as well, we don't attack people we give advise, we protect our users and enjoy the game where the developers constantly maintain for us.

So if you take offence to people's opinions, then don't post on forums, but if people's opinion matters to you, then listen and learn as we moderators and developers do.

And don't forget to enjoy and have fun.

19. What sage advice did Moody provide me?

20. Didn't say he gave advise, he gave his opinion about something and you took it to heart, to my opinion seeing someone post on their thread first to see best of?, I kind of see it being silly and such, attacking a moderator cause you don't like their opinion, as mark mention, you can speak with them or the current moderator and ask why, that's what I can suggest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.