THE PEOPLE VS THE MODS

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by THE-GUY, Apr 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Okay I just wanna know everyone keeps hating the mods do much? Can we accept the mods and let them do their work keeping kaw and people in check and behave themselves from trouble? Really the hate on them is no good. Guy out️

2. I for one should be hating mods because all the time and effort i've spent writting forum threads only to have them deleted and graveyarded loads of them.But although i have a vague idea who was the culprits doing that.i have no ill will towards the rest of the mods.Don't tar people with the same brush so the saying goes.i think that when all the mods are in swarm together in worldchat it is really fun to read.Worldchat used to be the hub of kaw and what really made it fun to interact with everyone.Sadly worldchat now has been destroyed by the massive eb adds taking up all the space in worldchat.You cant even speak in there now before several eb adds appear and push everything written out of sight and making it impossible to hold a conversation in w.c.Them big clan/e.b adds need to be got rid of.

3. I had a month silence for a petty word I said. And there all pretty much yes men. Devs made time for more useless Mods but instead they could’ve made time to fix bugs and server issues.

4. Bach you seem to think everyone working for ATA is a dev. They also have people who are not devs so saying new mods cost dev time is not necessarily correct.

I get not everyone likes mods but without moderation the game would be unplayable for many

5. We can report posts/threads now therefore in my opinion mods aren’t needed. Please enlighten me tell me some games that has players with moderating powers.

6. i never got the point of the speaker system either

#outdated

7. Reports help clear out things that get missed although that doesn't mean mods aren't useful for stopping things getting out of hand in the present moment. No amount of reports can compete with mods being present as it happens.

Also here's an example you may not like but it's an excellent example. Minecraft servers. A large majority of them are moderated by volunteers who are players and the playerbase of Minecraft is far higher than that of kaw. As far as I'm aware the largest multiplayer Minecraft server has over 30000 people active on it at a time so the daily players would be over 100000. This server is moderated by volunteers with a paid team running the server. Much like kaw. It's a model many games use but this is one that has been shown to do it over many servers and it works.

8. What Kezzer said is true so mods are still useful

9. Thank you The guy for this post and Kezzer nailed it for those hat need to know. For the record I’m more of a NO guy lol I don’t say yes as much as no lol

10. Nah mods still wrong. Just trying to justify their positions if corrupt power

11. A couple are terrible but most are fine get on well with a few just normal players to me.

12. In the past yeah but there are good mods and we gonna give new mods support and welcoming them.

13. Mods are really not needed, especially if they bend the rules between themselves and their friends. If any mod breaks the rules and or bends the rules in order to “cya” then the community should be able to point that out and not be discarded. I say bring back the ability sending emails of SS of the Mods/players breaking these rules to the DEVS. The DEVS would have to then respond from the email that has the proof. You can’t send the proof through the help ticket .....it bogus way to discard the community. Through the emails the mods wouldn’t be able to spin and or lie about what actually went on to “CYA”. If a mod has to justify their own actions in my pm again then they are clearly in the wrong. Certain mods know what they do against tou and doing so should step down for actions that they would otherwise silence players for doing. That alone is actions unbecoming of a MOD.

Lol but who are we ( the community) to be able to call them on the carpet ? SS emailed would shut this argument down. Remember this is a 9 game regardless what the MODS act like in pm ( innuendos) to each other shouldn’t find its way on to a public forum for these younger players to see.

Someone could start a forum thread daily on this subject, but until the devs respects community enough to listen to them then and takes them seriously then this will just be a he said she said merry go round.

I do suggest that you can take SS of the crap the mods do I wc and start emailing the devs. Pull a help ticket letting them knows it’s been sent. Then send it again. Then send it again. Again. Again. And again.....because it seems they only respond to repetition. As a matter a fact if my memory serves me right some years back the mods ran amuck thought they were above the rules. New Age made it a mission to farm them all non stop until the devs compromised. I think something like that happened, maybe someone from New Age could shed some light on that situation?

14. All right, gonna clear up some points of general knowledge for anyone reading this thread, in case anyone doesn't know some of it.

1. You can take ss. You can send ss in a ticket. Instead of copying an image, upload it to an image hosting site and copy a link to it. It takes approximately 1.2x as long overall, in my experience. So, pretty reasonable. I've done it a bunch for reporting glitches.

2. Devs/support have access to chat logs, it's their game. Ss as useful for locating instances, but serious abuse in game (be it mods, cheaters, botters, etc) can be investigated regardless.

3. If you think a mod is abusing their status, by all means send a detailed ticket in about it. The final call on ToU infractions is the team. They are also the only people capable of handling such accusations, true/accurate or not.

15. It’s not like I hate the mods it’s just that I really dislike most of them

16. farm the modergators

17. Posted this elsewhere, but essentially
    -Mods abusing power
    -The entire system being flawed to say the least
    -Not doing their job
    -Ignoring the majority of players

Not all mods. But this is why I and many others do not like moderators.

18. Naive to think developers care if you abuse your powers, or just pretending to believe it because reasons?

19. News feed always open ;-)

20. I never have understood the general hate moderators get. These volunteers spend a large majority of their time dealing with the crap of kaw. Spammers, bypassers, cheaters- the players no one wants to deal with. If a moderator happens to not deal with one situation they are labelled a bad moderator despite the fact that they probably are dealing with multiple problems at once. If they silence people who believe they shouldn't be they are 'abusing their powers'. I'm not suggesting mods are perfect- (e.g Yarmes)- but they deserve alot more respect than they are currently given.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.