The American Hero Complex

Discussion in 'Other KaW Discussion' started by -MF-, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Hey! Jakob here again, I figured I might as well write about something that might be interesting to discuss. Anyway, an interesting thought crossed my mind today when I was walking through town and I heard some people talking about past wars and how America is viewed as the “World Police”. Keep in mind that I was raised in Austria, so I’ll do my best to keep my opinion out until the discussion starts.

So during this thread I will be asking the question of “Does the American Society have a Hero Complex? If so, is it possible they also show signs of a Martyr Complex too?”

2. You were saying?

3. Inb4 American hate

Oh wait...

4. American spotted

5. Which American are you talking about? There are millions of us

6. Omg no , just no. Almost every statement the op made is not true. Jesus I worry about the future of mankind

7. Every statement is true

8. Are you trying to give a psycholical diagnosis of an entire nation of people?

If so, this is some serious baiting/trolling.

I mean, this is like prejudice defined here.

9. "he will do his best to keep his opinion out of it" then goes on to make a whole list of insults towards americans.......

What a stupid thread, has nothing to do with americans, any other country that becomes so far ahead militarily will poke its nose in everyone's buisiness as well, some would do far worse. Its called human nature

10. Literally, if you're asking whether Americans have a hero complex, you might as well ask if black people have a criminal complex, or if Asians have a look-alike complex.

Please grow a brain, OP.

11. And what crap hole are you from may I ask friend?

12. It is a complex a large amount of Americans have.

13. One that influences your crap hole pretty significantly

14. No, it's not. Please don't pull "facts" out of your ass.

15. Stupid answer from an equally dumb poster

16. Op states he is going to keep his opinion out until discussion then proceeds to state opinion based justifications...

If you wanted to not have an opinion on said topic you should have just ended the statement right there.

I will also like to point out that 'heroism' has almost nothing to do with any of your generalizations, furthermore how the heck did you get from world police to a nation driven by a hero-mindset?

17. I'll move through my first two reasons.

They refuse to accept responsibility for the decisions and choices that have caused them pain or suffering.

9/11: Before you get offended think of it this way he US has interfered in countless Middle Eastern countries and their politics for over 60 years, overthrown democratically elected leaders and forced certain US-friendly dictators on countries or supported those already there who caused death and torture on their own people, put in place economic sanctions which only hurt the poor, put soldiers in their holiest of cities with no respect for their religion, and generally acted like an occupying force.

They portray themselves as righteous, self-sacrificing, the “nice guy/girl,” the saint, the caretaker, or the hero.

So I did some research and an article listed this interesting quote from a former US Diplomat with experience primarily in the middle east.

Jon Davis said this when he was asked this “What would happen if the USA stopped trying to "police the world"?

“The short answer is that many countries which most people cannot find on a map would return to slaughtering each other and the Americans would be blamed for not doing anything about it, again. World economies would struggle as dozens of economic powerhouses would now have to secure their own defenses and world economies would collapse as the world shipping and trade lanes would now be unprotected and open to piracy, terrorism or control by hostile nations.”

Here's the link to the more in depth explanation

Link: https://www.quora.com/What-would-happen ... -the-world

Also,

This gif makes me happy.

18. The entire west and a large part pf the east cries to america to do something when Putin acts up, or north korea, or Iran .......but nah we just have a "complex" ...theres nor reason we get involved in foreign affairs...smh

19. Well, yes you just supported my statement.