Season 4 of the Estoc Trials (Updated)

Discussion in 'Past Events' started by [ATA]Grant, Aug 29, 2014.

1. Re: Season 4 of the Estoc Trials

@dbogr we actually have 40-50 people signing up for each primal war so demand is there , just a lot of clans wont/cant adapt to primal wars hence looks like the same few clans warring, but we are seriously looking at running 2 rosters from next week

But its no different to round wars with the same few clans warring because there is a limit to how many lb or SH are around for clans to run rosters

2. Re: Season 4 of the Estoc Trials

@ vix: ...so your point is??? I'm sorry I just don't understand how you point has much significance regarding my post.

p.s.
    40-50 is only one more war.. there's thousands of players in kaw. To only have 4-5 wars in primals?

3. Re: Season 4 of the Estoc Trials

Much validity*** (not significance) sorry

4. Re: Season 4 of the Estoc Trials

Primal has same issue as round wars - participation. Many mid size builds like db don't think they can compete. But with more mid size clans signing up, they will match each other and have fair matches just as the larger builds do. So far my experience with primal has been great. Almost every match has been fair. There is an issue with lb players paying more but other than that they're great. Always a back and forth battle. So get out there mids and start putting together some rosters 

5. Re: Season 4 of the Estoc Trials

@dk that us exactly why I'm proposing primals to have highest pay medallion wise. To up participation.

6. Re: Season 4 of the Estoc Trials

So far primals are most competitive, mostly due to the fact that as of now all mids are put up against big builds or sh

7. Re: Season 4 of the Estoc Trials

My point was that medals are somewhat irrelevant. It's the perception that mids cannot compete that drives down participation. Until 2 clans are brave enough to try it no medals amount awarded will help. Once the 2 clans attempt it and always match each other more will follow. So again I say to mids get out there and start doing some primal wars 

8. Re: Season 4 of the Estoc Trials

Totally agree

ALL u mids get out there, we need Good mids like many do.

9. Re: Season 4 of the Estoc Trials

So why are LB players paying more to their attackers in Primals?

It's not because of the overall CS, I'm led to believe it is because of the high BFA.

So if BFA is not counted in Primals...why do we pay more????

Devs?

10. Re: Season 4 of the Estoc Trials

By just saying "go out there mids and try it out" it's not gonna get a sufficient or significant amount of mids out there. As a mid, I feel SOMETHING needs to change with primals, only thing I can think of is incentive. Higher incentive might create a higher Flux of clans warring. More clans warring = more mids. As kaw is mostly composed of mids

11. Re: Season 4 of the Estoc Trials

When s4 first came out I said further testing was needed. But only after 1 week of testing devs proceeded to include primals in s4.
    We are already in the middle of a season. I don't like losing,as im sure no one does. but if I do primals I'm pretty much setting myself up for failure.

12. Re: Season 4 of the Estoc Trials

One reason alot of mids dont war in primal is the matches, a war i did with bigger mids then me and mid sized ps we matched a clan of bigs and sh, their cr 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 were bigger then our 1, give them clans casting bigs and sh a no match or match them against others doing that, if you couldnt have done a good match give us nm, not a one sided war

13. Re: Season 4 of the Estoc Trials

Right there is what I'm taking about, "I'm pretty much setting myself up for failure." With all mids thinking this way there is less participation leading to a greater chance of poor matches like mentioned above.

@wardragon stacking is far less effective as SH now make nothing. So while your side may struggle to weaken tgts, the other side has x sh that make little to no plunder. However I do agree that deva should put end to stacking and have said before a good way to do this would be to tighten the dtw/dts range and not allow clans to signup if the smallest player cannot scout the largest in a roster. This is easy for clans to test pre-war and devs could add to signup a "null roster" error if a clan signs up when smallest casted can't scout largest casted.

14. Re: Season 4 of the Estoc Trials

Not trying to put you down db. I do agree that participation is a problem but if your idea if increased medals were implemented, mids wouldn't necessarily be more incentivized to war. Instead they would be more angry that "big" players win more medals for primals. Primals have really cut down the effectiveness of exploits so far and it's unfortunate more mid size clan leaders don't step up and try to put together some rosters.

15. Re: Season 4 of the Estoc Trials

So people spend weeks and weeks complaining about stacking but nothing changes

16. Re: Season 4 of the Estoc Trials

Look at the rosters some of your clans are warring with in round wars lol, why would anyone waste their time ? I'm amazed clans are even signing up still.

Primal wars can be won with an actually mixed roster , if you stack huge builds you will face huge builds , if you stack sh you will lose .

17. Re: Season 4 of the Estoc Trials

Agree Spil the Round wars tough match ups.

18. Re: Season 4 of the Estoc Trials

Round wars pays to stack
    Primal wars stacks lose
    Indy wars even match ups of teirs

19. Re: Season 4 of the Estoc Trials

Tough isn't the right word dude.

The right word is ridiculous.

But hey, people get what they asked for right ?

20. Re: Season 4 of the Estoc Trials

Mid tanks can do Primal Wars on an att roster n Indy Wars. Still no place for mids in Round wars.