Rant about mods and their presence in the community

Discussion in 'Questions/Feedback' started by Kezzer, Dec 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unfortunately, I hate to say this. We need mods in this game. WC would be nothing but nothing but a intolerable wall of swearing & gibberish or nonstop ad spamming (worse than it already is). Forums would literally be spammed by nonsense posts & topics with literally no meaning to them. Personally I'm not a huge fan of mods & on several occasions seen them abuse there privelage to lock threads & silence people in wc. As well as silencing people from a wall post made between 2 people based off a third party reporting it. In theory mods are a good & bad thing. 80% of the time silences are justified & threads are derailed & completely off topic or requested to be locked.20% is mods taking responsibility upon themselves & may or may not be 100% justifiable.

2. We have a mod named Sexy-Cow?

Serpent did plenty.

3. Must be a year ago I last saw a mod in the asian/EU wc. And this might even be Moose or Mango visiting from the english wc...

4. Euro/Asian wc is a wonderful place. I like visiting there :)

5. We have a mod named Sexy Cow? News to me lol

6. Moose I am shocked by how much you have blown things out of proportion. Yes I may have posted something controversial but it wasn't mean't to be insulting yet you appear to have taken it that way.

I never said that we need the mods posting left right and centre on the forums but it's nice to see mods who are usually well spoken players show themselves occasionally. Yes it's not needed but making your presence known especially for positive reasons is a good thing (yes I am a hypocrite with this thread lol)

I am actually very active in kaw moose usually being around for 12 hours a day or so. Some of that time is lurking but I am usually also active in cc, wc and the forums. Also I am not saying I have the answer to everything I should rephrase myself to "in my opinion that's not how it should be" in the original post. FYI I do flick between different wc from time to time and I have a fairly good understanding of what is going on. Yes I am not an authority on this and I am never going to be around 24/7 but I am around to see what goes on.

Did I say that mods are cowards moose? I sure as hell don't remember saying that. Also I get your point and I have actually changed my opinion that no mod should be forced to claim a silence. I will admit my opinion was wrong there but again it is still nice to see mods who are proud to claim their work as such. Also no need to be so condescending moose. I am an adult same as you so no need to act like you are above me.

I didn't say that mods only have important things to say. I simply pointed out that mods are ambassadors for the community (as are vks) and they are generally are people that new players look up to and respect because that is what the mod rank should symbolize. I love it when mods chat about anything in wc whether it be football like yourself or whether it is purely for answering a question. It's just nice to see the mods putting themselves out there. Also no I don't expect the mods to burn through 5k speakers in a week but at least making themselves seen occasionally would be nice but it's not my job to police the mods I am just giving my opinion and that's all it is.

Having a high post count isn't needed but when some have as little as 3 forum posts it does come across as a little surprising. Not much more I want to say about the forums really.

Also the reason I asked for the mods to pm me off the thread if they have any issues is so that I could amend the thread if they thought what I said was too abrupt. I was and I am still happy for mods to post whatever opinion they want on this thread. It was honestly just as a way for a mod to pass on a message without making it public to avoid any confrontation over it.

Anyway this thread has got the message out there but it has gone sour now.

/lock

7. Locking per op request

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.