Rant about mods and their presence in the community

Discussion in 'Questions/Feedback' started by Kezzer, Dec 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. You know the unwritten rules of kaw, SS or BS

2. You think I would lie? Mods are not above the rules man. Being a mod is a privilege and like anything it can be taken away.

Many mods over the years have lost it for abuse. Benny and Yarmes a few examples.

4. Agreed. Mods are not above the rules.

Also I agree but disagree with Sean. 6 months is a long time especially for an online game. Any inactivity over 1/2 months that was no asked for should result in a removal at least until you return and can explain yourself.

5. Yeah, it's BS, mods don't ever get into trouble. :roll:

6. Why are we so worried about inactive mods? I can't think of a time when an inactive mod has diminished my gameplay. Seems like a bit of jealousy there to me. It drives the OP nuts that someone like Pandageorge can kiss ass like crazy, get mod, then vanish thereafter.

For me the bigger problem is over jealous mods getting trigger happy over every little thing.

In that sense, Serpent was the best mod ever cause he never did jack crap. Chaos is a close second cause he pays really well. 

7. Wow. You're right. That build is ridiculous. " hey, I have money. Let's press any button "

8. I'm fairly certain that ATA and the moderator team knows who is active and who is not.

The big question here is whether or not one of them will be snuffed out and TERRA will be implemented....

It's like electing Donald Trump. The world will burn.

9. It's not my issue to deal with inactive mods. I am just saying it makes the team look bad tbh.

Also Terra4mod

10. I build based on symmetry :) I want a good looking kingdom, and it needs to have many different buildings to give it a look that isn't all just the same throughout. That'd be boring. So while it might not be the best- it makes me happy to look at :)

11. Once you bc you never look at your kingdom again unless more builds or lands are released.

Anyway please stay on topic

12. this is the lecture of a total hypocrite.Bootsy labels everyone asshats .Yet she has been seen on many occasions in worldchat verbally abuseing & insulting Mango and demeaning her .calling Mango grandma and other cruel insults . using Bootsys own words it shows that the asshat bootsy is jealous of Mango.

13. Addressing comments on the duration a mod should be inactive before being removed, this can vary. We log every single moderator action and regularly audit them. When there's an extended period of time (usually a few weeks) with no action we reach out to them to make sure they're still interested in the position and continue to monitor. If they remain inactive since that point we look into potentially removing them from the program.

Most moderators however are regularly active, even if you may not see their faces in chat 24/7.

14. So, is forum presence or forum post count your metric for what makes a moderator good or bad? Just becsuse you don't see the entire mod team here means you think they slack? Forum is an important part of kaw. It's a unique community into its self, and some mods who weren't "born in forum" or don't normally hang out in forum don't moderate here.

Would you like to see forum more heavily moderated? Do you want more threads to be locked? Do you want more players here banned? The fact is, forum doesn't need any more moderation than its already getting. Forum is supposed to be a fun place where people can kick back, make threads, and express opinions, controversial or otherwise. Over moderating forums woiod ruin them. The approach to taking care of forums is to have a "hands off" approach. I only lock the worst threads and ban the worst players. Would you like us to keep you and the other community members on a tight leash? Are forums so broken that you feel the need to have 24 full time active mods here policing every post and keeping everyone is some kind of a box?

Or, is it that you just want to see us post more? Is that what you want? Honestly who cares if moderators post a lot in forum? Yes, my job is to fight spam and help support, but I'm also just a regular gamer like eveyone else. My options on game builds, bunches, or spragga are no more or less legit than anyone else's. Again, do you need 24 active moderators inserting a commentary onto every thread? Who cares what we think about most stuff. We aren't special people. We are just volunteers.
    Oh, and you know how it should be? You're the answer guy? You are aware that our moderator team is scattered amongst many different time zones, right? Are you on all the time? Can you accurately tell me what the moderator levels are on a 24 hour schedule? Are you famaliar with BOTH world chats? (I am).
    You're speaking authoritatively on topics which you know very little about.
    So, now mods are cowards? Is that it? You are aware that support staff also hand out silences, correct? Also, no, moderators should not be forced to publically "take ownership" of silences. Why? Because every silence we Hand out is tracked by support. They know who is doing what, and they will take corrective action if we have acted in a wrongful or abusove manner. Do you really need to know if it was moose or ACETOWN or vixen who silenced the child predator in wc? (Facepalm). You need to relax, enjoy your game and let the adults moderate. I assure you that we are handling things.
    So..... Are you saying that mods can only post when we have imortant things to say? If that's the case, I'll almost never post in wc again. I enjoy talking about the Green Bay packers, and occasionally discuss the latest controversial news topic. Guess that means I'm out...... I just dont have that many important things to say....

Or.....are you says that mods need to be in wc all the time discussing mundane things? Good lord! Could you Imagine wc with 24 mods all at once burning through their 5k speaker limit every week? That would be simply terrible.

So, what do you want???
    Oh my gawd.... Did I seriously just read that? Forum post count is nothing to be proud of or ashamed of. Forum post count is merely an interesting player statistic, like scouts or attacks. A high post count means you talk a lot. Are you saying that all 24 of us need to come here and simply prattle on? Between your demands for a constant presence in wc and now being shamed on our post counts, we'd never have any real time to play the damn game.

Over all I feel that you are talking about things you know very little about.
    So...... You call us out in public, thus garnering your self lots of attention (calling out the moderation team is always fun) yet you think we should just reply quietly in your PMs for some reason? Initially i was just going to lurk and quietly shake my head, but your thread and attitude have annoyed me to the point where I felt the need to comment. I hope you find my post count and activity level in this thread to be sufficient for you.

15. ^ Tl;dr

16. I think it's not about being visible or not. But I personally feel like (Some) just use this only to show off they have "some" power over the rest of us and for the reputation and popularity that comes with it. They don't reply or talk to the "normal" players since you know, they think they are in a higher level. And these (some), make no effort at all as a Mod to help the kaw community what so ever. And if their excuse for not being an active Mod is being too busy for it, then they should not be mods anymore. And i'm talking about Mods in the Asian/European wc only. Since that's where i am.

17. Damn.. moose can write an essay..

18. I'm rude to her in general but not because she's a mod.

19. I wish moderators where more active in world chat. I can't remember I've ever seen a moderator in word chat in the recent weeks.

Moderators are here to help and guide players that need help. Players need to know who the moderators are to be able to ask for help, and therefore I think it is important that moderators appear more in world chat.

In addition, when locking threads in forums, moderators do not always state a reason as to why the thread was locked. I think it's important that the moderators act polite, and that the OP do know clearly why the thread was locked! :)

20. Can I just point out the purpose of moderators? I don't think anyone has said this... but Moderators SHOULDN'T exist at all.

The fact that they do says nothing about them, but that we, the general population, require moderation because we cannot moderate ourselves.

Perhaps we shouldn't worry about what the mods do, buy instead consider what we do that enforces their existence.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.