One of the greatest debates in music.

Discussion in 'Wars' started by Cha0z, Feb 17, 2013.

1. The main aspect of Hip hop that makes it music isn't the instruments used in creating the beat - its the lyrics.

2. @Nohbody, I said ONE of the greatest debates in music, which is definitely the case. In fact, it was so vehemently debated, that both ended up getting shot dead.
    @Invibcible1707, if it is so easy, then how about you post a video on the internet of one of your raps

3. Oh, and you can send me a link :) I'm sure they will be fantastic.
    Also, if any forum moderators are here, please can you get those who are not discussing the questions in the OP to leave the thread. I am asking all of you to leave. I have that right, don't I?

4. Old Metallica for the win!!! S

5. Isn't this asking the same question as "who is better, the Beatles or the stones"? Music is music, it's an opinion by the listener. There is no right or wrong across the board. -so, as for my opinion..... 2pac, more heart, less puff daddy.

6. Nicki Minaj is by FAR the best rapper of all time

7. I love the first amendment, because I'm not an American

8. Ur not an American ur a idiot so our constitution dosnt apply to u so don't quote our **** because ur Podunk country dosnt have its of constitution.

9. What the heck typed stuff misspelled it and it bleeped it

10. He's an idiot, yet you type like a five year old.

Interesting...

11. Music is like candy you need to throw away the rappers.

12. After Tupac done 'Hit Em Up', Biggie should of hung himself

:lol:

13. The problem here is these people talking **** about rap only see

A.) Mainstream, Lil Wayne/Drake/Nicki etc

B.) Are so biased they already hate all rap no matter who raps.

Hip Hop had the most meaning PRE 2000's. These people lived in ghettos where gangs were rampant. During gang/drug wars people were trying to get out and make a name for themselves. Best way? Well, music did it for a lot of people.

People like Big Pun, Big L, Too Short, Craig Mack, BIG, Pac, and so many other rappers had messages. Trying to liven the spirits and hearts of their own people. They were trying to liberate them from the racist swine we called our government.

Guns? Drugs? Cocaine wasn't made here. It was brought in by the government to keep down what people thought was an inferior group of people. Guns? There's no gun shops here. They don't make guns in the hood. They're imported to enslave the people.

Rap is one of the most influential music industries. All you rock fans are so biased you can't see what kind of crap message rock puts out. 60's all it was was cracked up rockstars flying high through music, fornicating with groupies and moving on. Great message to send! So hypocritical to think all of GnR or the Eagles had all good message songs.

Rock has so much diluted racist music, so much sex references, just like rap has it. So get off your high horse and stop bowing down to the medias throne.

14. I agree to an extent with IGCB, and I'm a huge rock fan. Most of the rock music people listen to is just 3 chord pop songs that's they hear on the radio or whatever greatest hits cd they downloaded from iTunes. A lot of it does have good messages, but just as much is about sex and drugs. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but people sure assume it is.

Take The White Album by the Beatles, listen to that an tell me that is not drug induced. It's one of the most popular rock albums, largely because of songs like BlackBird and Helter Skelter. Then you have albums like Queen ll, which is just complete genius, not about sex or drugs. Every genre has its share of sex, drugs, racism, hate, genius, non talent, great singers, auto tuned singers, and everything else. Get over yourselves. Any real fan of music would never say an entire genre is crap, that's just narrow minded and ignorant. So get over yourselves, just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's not good.

Sex, drugs, and rock and roll.

15. Vanilla ice is by FAR the best rapper ever. End of story. Ice ice baby

16. Doo doo doo doodoodoo doo.

17. Rap is music in that all the samples they steal are the music part, then u toss in the murdering and gangsta part so white suburban kids can think they are hard when they sing it. Was that the right answer?? And btw I've seen a rap concert live. Omg was the worst thing ever. There's a reason why there aren't live shows of rap floating around or special live CDs of rappers. Did u see kanye on unplugged or whatever. Was horrendous.

18. @ER

What do you think the white government has been doing to them for the last 100 years plus? Stop being ignorant.

19. Lol I'm only saying I don't consider rap, music. It's more like a poetry form. And what does this have to so with socio-economic policies of last 100 years. I love blues music. I just think glorifying murder and crime is ridiculous.

20. But you're generalizing ALL rap as murdering, drug abusing degenerates. When it's obviously not.