Humanity is dying

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by GUY_ABOVE_ME_SUCKS, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Professor Frank Fenner ( scientist who helped eradicate small pox), professor of microbiology at the Australian National University, has predicted that the human race will be extinct within the next 100 years.

He has claimed that the human race will be unable to survive a population explosion and 'unbridled consumption

"It's an irreversible situation. I think it's too late. I try not to express that because people are trying to do something, but they keep putting it off." He states

"Climate change is just at the very beginning. But we're seeing remarkable changes in the weather already."

The Aborigines showed that without science and the production of carbon dioxide and global warming, they could survive for 40,000 or 50,000 years

But the world can't. The human species is likely to go the same way as many of the species that we've seen disappear.'

So what do we do? Humanity is dying and everyone would rather stare into their iPhones and play mindless games. We need to pull our heads out of our asses and change the way we live on this planet. Because face it by the time we have the technology to leave earth if needed we will already be extinct.

Are we willing to actually make change? Or skip this thread and move on to the next?

Let's here your insight, how can we prevent this? After All it is only the future of humanity we are talking about.

2. And to those future trolls at least i am trying to educate people, what are you doing other than sucking up natural resources and attempting to be a keyboard warrior?

3. We just need to allow more nuclear fission. Then we will have clean energy.

4. That a movie?

5. This may be slightly off topic.. But let me throw this brain teaser out..

You KNOW you have 2 parents (eg. 10 years before you were born, there are two different human beings alive who did the deed and got you into this world)

You KNOW each of them have 2 parents (eg. IF they didn't cross bred, there are 4 different beings alive 10 years before your parents were born.. Like your grandparents)

Basically it is a 2 to the power exponential for each generation BACK IN TIME!

Let's see.. Putting cross breeding aside for a second.. 20 generations (like 500 years ago), you mathematically had 1 Million 'parents'.. 30 generations (700 years ago), you had 1 Billion 'parents'..

Catching my brain teaser?... We know from census that the world (atleast as far as we know) never had the population we currently have..

Now think about that in relation to the 'each parent has 2 parent every time you go back in time' logic..

Huh... Huh... Is there THAT much cross breeding in our history?

(For extra credit.. Visualize this.. Imagine Adam and Eve (or the first Homo Sapiens couple that gave birth to the first Homo sapiens around 1-2million years ago).. And YOU (who has two parents, who has two parents of their own, going back a million years)..

Huh.. Huh.. Think about those for a second.. ️

6. Haha if that theory is correct then yes

7. I dont see why humanity would die, all we need is food and water. I dont see that running out 100%

8. With the drastically increasing growth of this planets population there will not be enough food/ clean water to sustain life. We also need breathable oxygen which will be depleting too with the decreasing number of autotrophs

9. Let's look at it this way.. Let's consider for a sec the Adam and Eve (or the first Homo sapiens ) theory and our current population of 7 Billion..

Visualize that as a pyramid (over say 1 million years)

Now think that you have 2 parents and each of them has 2 parents..

Visualize that as a massively (I mean massively) upside down pyramid over the same 1 million years.. (Like 200Billion at the top)

Just slowly close your eyes and visualize (or draw two relative pyramids)

Now visualize it for every single one of the 9 Billion current people..

See the brain teaser?.. Too late in the night to grasp it? 

10. People like you keep us entertained. What a hypocrite, why don't you get off your butt and do something about it :roll:

Kids these days spend way to much watching Fox News

11. Lets see, well the first and hardest step is educating the general public, if they are left to remain ignorant they will oppose anything an organization attempts to accomplish. Next would be to find a method of sustainable energy that is far less harmful to the environment than what we are currently using.

Once all that is done, then finally, we can work on repairing some of the damage that we have done.

12. It's not humanity that's dying it's the earth. It's been dying since it was created. You see how many natural disasters there are more recently? Volcanos erupting. Earthquakes. Tsunamis. Since man first sinned the earth has been decaying. But there is hope. If you believe!

13. Ill probally be dead when that happens lol

14. 50 years ago, they said by 2010, it would be too hot to go outside in the summer. The term "human error" is used alot, often for excuses or reasons, and it can be said as human nature. I doubt we'd die in the next 100 years, even if we ran out of food or there was nuclear war etc... a small pool of humanity would be in, say, a nuclear bunker.
    The point is that we've evolved to the point where it is incredibly hard to wipe us out and a major catastrophe would be needed to do so.

15. There will always be enough food/water for the fact that if there isnt, some people die untill there is enough food/water

16. We won't run out of food. We can all eat each other

17. Y'all have way too much time on your hands.

18. That's it selling my house and going to blow all my money before the end of the world . I might even pull lol

19. OP I hope I'm going to survive more than you.