How is the Story in Legends?

Discussion in 'Other KaW Discussion' started by AVentura123, Mar 30, 2020.

1. I came back recently after a few years of inactivity, and of course a lot of things happened in the story in legends. But, while I'm scouring the deserted lands of forums, I saw people's wishlist among the rubble. And then, among the written wishes, there's one that caught my attention:

And then I thought,
    "How are we going to make a quiz?!
    1) How much is the 5th land in deepmines?
    2) Who is the girl in the loading page? (ok, maybe that's a decent question)
    3) Who made the guide for epic battles? (ok, that too)
    4) Who are the two new mods? (um, that would be inconsistent in time)
    5) How do you unlock the gold bars? (ok, that question isn't bad at all)"

Ok, my point is, I don't think that we have enough kaw lore/facts to make more quizzes. So, I wanted to check out (to those who payed attention anyway) on how the legends are to add to that. Any more info about their backgrounds? As for my current knowledge, I'll just share them:

Scout Captain Gwyn:
    • According to one of her dialogues after completing the past legend (in the Aeon event, I believe), she's from the clan of Fridmara ("There can be no greater honor for a scout captain, or a Fridmara!" - Scout Captain Gwyn)
    • (Everyone knows this, but..) She is always the one who trains your character, aka in the daily epic battle legends.
    Commander Brannyn:
    • He is also a decsendant of Knights of Airgead, aka werewolf hunters.
    • Based in one of his dialogues in the Cull or Shackled Moon event, he belonged to the Highhallow line. ("I am the direct-line descendant of Alainon Highhallow, the last High Argentian of the Knights of Airgead, an order dedicated to the annihilation of werewolves." - Commander Brannyn)
    • Looking at their last name, he could be a descendant of (or of the same family line as) Ayendra Highhallow, a great military leader.
    • According to him in the legends (during the Fellowship Tourney event), he is interested in jousting. (He also said that, if he were younger, he would have joined too).
    Field Marshal Holm:
    • Looking at his clothes' and the clan's color, he "might" have come from the Hillbreaker clan.
    • He dislikes Tomhasir because he believes in the saying that the Bandraven people (Tomhasir's clan) brings bad omen.
    Spymaster Thanna
    • Looking at her clothes', the clan's color, and an item or charm, she have come from the family of Solius, and she is a descendant of a legendary assassin ("A bracelet that once belonged to Thanna's ancestor, the legendary assassin Calara Solius." - Calara's Jade Bracelet)
    • She also came from Grimsbridge (the Fogbound city), that accommodates a den of thieves.
    • She trained Maaku to be an assassin in the Den of Thieves event.
    • In most of the legends, your character calls her "Rook" (for, a reason unknown to me).
    Mage
    • (Not much info yet 😅 feel free to share 👍)
    Oracle
    • She was bitten by a werewolf in one of the past events. I just don't know if how she was healed because I didn't reach the end of the story, lol.
    • Looking at the symbol in her forehead and at the banner at the background of her Legends (if her picture loaded last), she must be a believer/follower of the Holy Harrower.
    Tomhasir the Vagrant (Did the devs heard me?)
    • He's from the Bandraven clan.
    • To new players, he is the one who takes care of the old event with tarot cards (and you can see him when transmuting equipment).
    • At first, he's fine with your character. Until one day, he harmed your soldiers to meet you. And it's nothing for him (I imagine all the characters scowl at him lol).
    • (I'm pretty sure he used to be Tomhasir the Soothsayer...)
    • In the April fools event, he warned your character about An00bis's cults, and gave instructions about it.
    Leidamea
    • According to the legends (and past events), she used to be Khal'Kor's champion.
    • Now, she serves Hexavia (aka Zadreah Corvelia, before she was reborn again).
    Maaku
    • A young Shasa recruit (in the Den of Thieves event), following the story of your escape from the Fatesands.
    • So far he is the first and only (correct me if I'm wrong) anthropomorphic character in the Legends.
    • He is an assassin trainee for your kingdom's spy network, Crownseye in the event.
    • His final test took place in the Den of Thieves event, wherein the story circulates around it.

... I'm just bored.. I'll update it once you give more info, or when there are new legends, and when I am active to edit this..

Tldr: This is a collection of facts (sure and unsure) about the "characters" in legends. If you know something else aside from what is written, feel free to tell.

#1 AVentura123, Mar 30, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
  2. Spacer.. For future use.. lol

Btw, skl, I have found the old screenshots🎉

#2 AVentura123, Mar 30, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
  3. I think there's actually quite a bit of active story in KaW. The legends are pretty internally consistent, and have a lot of interesting character and world building tidbits if you bother to read the text. The sad part is that that information isn't preserved anywhere. We get introductory info in each event thread, but the real meat (i.e. the "story" parts of the story, instead of just the plot) of the events' stories are typically only available during each legends.

Forums used to indirectly preserve some elements of story, just by people discussing it, but they haven't been active enough to do so effectively in a while I don't think.

4. Aw.. Does that mean that this thread isn't that useful anymore? :(.. Or should I just make this into a tiny storage of the preserved info? :)

5. On the contrary (to your first sentence), this type of thread is what used to help preserve stories. I personally think it's nice being reminded of some of the smaller characters lol

6. Welp, gotta get some more info then :D. I discovered that there's more to kaw than these main characters. Like the actual tribes and clans in our lands. While reading (and screenshotting, lol) the furnishings from my palace furnishings chest (which I luckily got), I had more names. For example, the gods and goddesses of kaw, different books (complete with title and author), etc. However, I read somewhere in forums that someone is planning a guide for the kaw lore already. I think it was back in 2019, but, who knows?..

For now, I'll just let this thread sit for more legends info, in-case that upcoming thread did come to completion..

Edit: I double-checked the post. I didn't notice that it was just posted this year last month. I'm waiting for you...

#7 AVentura123, Apr 1, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
    Thrawn likes this.
  7. SO? A bigger stat can hit me BUT I'm "to weak" to hit them ?!? Makes perfect sense

8. A cultist can succeed one action on a non cultist to convert them during the national Sharknado day event. You could hit silph, once, if you managed to beat everyone else and hit first.

9. Problem answered. Just in-case you didn't notice, you're in the wrong thread sir.. I think I'll need to change the thread's name..

10. Hold that thought! I love your passion for KAW Lore. I've been (secretly) working on compiling as much lore into one forum thread as possible since November. I am almost ready to launch it! I think you will THOROUGHLY enjoy finding all of the info in one place. Stay tuned to forums under Guides for the launch!

AVentura123 likes this.
  11. I knew it!!!!!!

JEDI-MAESTRO likes this.