Gold Creation Exploit - Fixed

Discussion in 'Past Announcements' started by admin, May 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Today, we discovered an exploit while performing our weekly metrics audit, that was introduced in a recent patch of our servers. This exploit allowed players to earn large amounts of gold through the buying and razing of buildings. Immediately after the exploit was discovered, we paused the ability to raze buildings while we patched the server. We have also done a full audit of that server patch and the rest of the code to ensure no similar exploits exist.

Fortunately, the vast majority of players did not participate in the exploit. We identified 155 players who severely abused the system through this exploit (on the order of trillions). Since most of the community has advanced through the game using signifcant amount of hard work and dedication, we felt it was worth the work involved to try to preserve these efforts and go after the exploiters by reclaiming the gold generated. This was the best way for us to maintain a fair playing field for the entire KaW community.

The players using this exploit have received a message indicating that the gold generated via the exploit have been reclaimed from their account. For those players who went even further and created alts to funnel gold, their accounts have been banned.

2. Hurrah for justice!!! 

3. That's unfair devs, it was your problem so why punish the people who took advantage?

4. Cool, now can we just see the previews?

5. All I'm saying is, if people did do this then give them a warning and move on, and make sure it never happens again.

6. Wow I thought that thread was a joke.. Should've listened to the statless alt and tried it

7. Noob Question,

What exactly was the exploit?

8. @BlackFando, read the OP and you'll find out.

9. Name and shame devs, name and shame!

-Spy

10. How exactly did they do it?

11. Lol I was about to say the devs have banned them so I excepted a name and shame carry on.

12. Merlyn,

I did read the OP you lunatic, I just don't understand how they made gold, thats why I asked exactly how did they do it!!

13. Read line 5 6 of the OP.

14. Line 5 and 6, for some reason the addition sign doesn't appear on forums...

15. So, i just need some clarification.

As punishment for a mistake made by you, you are taking everything, including pre exploit allies,pots, and bronze bars?

16. Jeez, i'm sure you're an idiot or i'm missing the chuffing obvious!

So they bought a building and destroyed it then made trillions how...??

Can anyone who exploited this explain please?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.