Estoc Trials - Long User Names

Discussion in 'Past Events' started by admin, May 2, 2013.

1. Here Here. Very well fought NaF. You guys kicked ass yet again. Looking forward to the tie breaker round next time. Respect.

2. Is it imprisoned?

Really? I wonder if we are reading the same thread?

In fact....

^
    I never said "cannot track" - I said "damn near impossible" - which I did purposely in case someone like you decided to do some Crocodile Dundee tracking skills chest thumping.

"Yeaah mate, oi can smell me a taaaget moiles away!

Yes. You can track them. But it is not easy. If it was simple, ATA wouldn't have made this thread. And nobody would be complaining. Fact is, it is very difficult to track when you can't read the whole name. It just looks like WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW...

Don't divulge me your fascinating tracking methods. I'm not interested in anything besides fairness. If I changed my name to exploit, I’d take it like a man, and change it back myself. Complaint free.

I agree on the respect part.

But if someone is exploiting to an advantage, it's wrong. It's legal...but it is a loophole. When loopholes get fixed, the exploit disappears, and the rectal injured begin their smear campaign because they lost their advantage. Oh well. Game on.

But, by playing this game, you accept their terms. And short of reciting the TOU to you...it is a blanket contract that says they can do whatever they want.

I used to look for grey areas to be able to troll the TOU back when I was a knucklehead, and it is, from a legal standpoint, hilarious how "vague" the TOU/ROC is.

You can't beat it.

Won't happen.

3. Omg you complainers are such idiots :roll: it's not about tracking barcodes it's about tracking "names" that are spammed letter across a screen.

My name used to be
    -OW_RelentlessClumsyDragon_WN- which is exactly 30 characters.

Sure that goes out that user interface but it's so easily trackable because you don't have to see the ending to know who i am.

Whereas variations of WWWVWWWWVVVWWWWWVWVWVWVWWW where the changes are so minuet that you need ever single letter of the name tensely analysed is just impossible to track.

Also, the names are acceptable just if you ee with them you won't get your rewards.

And lastly the differences between refunding defence towers for tower builds and refunding a name so it's acceptable for ee is-
    -Defence towers are buildings, they affect the player in all aspects of the game not just estoc wars.
    -the names are allowed just not for only one aspect of the game so you can chose not to play that aspect or you can just change your name like you did in the first place
    - you were willing to cough up $2 once why should you not be willing to do it once more?
    And theres many more similiar but i no longer have the willingness to waste my phone battery

4. I have a question for you young sir or madame....

How many successful businesses do you know of that do not sit around looking for more ways to make you spend money?

....don't hurt yourself. Because there isn't many.

KAW_admin has limited responses, because most complaints are petty, and often irrelevant to the current topic they talk about. Blame yourselves.

That's what "support" is for. Email them. They are likely so backlogged with petty complaints that it might take them a few days to get back to you about your super important issues. But they do. Because they care so very much about how you are upset that they don't care.

Poor fella.

5. And another thing, moles are not fair either but they are in the game, i wish u guys had some way to figure out moles :p

6. [​IMG]

Moles are legal.

It is a war tactic. And having to detect moles is an art.

7. And long barcode names wernt a tactic? Seriously moles are just as unfair as long names

• Long names that had the last few characters not visable is a programming flaw that was a somewhat remedied.
    • A mole is a player in a clan.

Moles are allowed in EE (not sure how much help they would be)...

I agree, you could define it as a "tactic" if you like. So is botting, account sharing, and starting 100 facebook accounts from 1 PC....all illegal tactics. Long barcoded names aren't illegal in KAW...just in the EE wars. Moles are not illegal. Play at will. :cool:

8. Is it that hard to leave a feedback message to the devs asking for a name change? I think not.

9. Thanks kaw_admin much appreciated.

10. I think so. :?

11. The Lower case L upper case i gag does not work on Android, you can see the difference in bar code and other names trying to confuse others.

12. NaF Kings - Non Barcodes Vs. La Resistance - Barcodes. NaF Kings win yet again! well fought La Resistance

13. Give me 20 nobility points and i will change

14. This action is against customer law for those who spent erffort and money on the 20 nobility points. Do something about it before someone files a case against kaw. Stop ignoring customers.

15. After reading this whole thread i come to a conclusion . The war tactic I use is legal the war tactic YOU use is not.

I call BS on everyone 

16. @ WVWVW guy:

For starters, are you talking about Canadian law? Because they are out of Vancouver.

I will post you am excerpt of the "Terms of Use"

Read the who TOU carefully...basically says "by using this game you forfeit any/all rights to the account within it".....this is just an excerpt.

ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS OF USE
    A Thinking Ape, Inc. (A Thinking Ape) owns and operates the online game Kingdoms at War.
    By accessing and using Kingdoms at War, you agree to be bound by these Terms of Use. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CONTAINED IN THESE TERMS OF USE, DO NOT USE KINGDOMS AT WAR IN ANY MANNER. A Thinking Ape reserves the right to limit or terminate your access to Kingdoms at War if you do not comply with these Terms of Use.
    A Thinking Ape reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, modify, update, add, or remove portions of the Terms of Use at any time, with or without notice to you. Please check these Terms of Use periodically for changes. Your continued use of Kingdoms at War after the posting of any changes to the Terms of Use means that you have accepted those changes.
    A Thinking Ape Services is available for individuals aged 13 years or older. If you are under the age of 18, you should review this Agreement with your parent or guardian to make sure that you and your parent or guardian understand it.

Go talk to mom and dad, kids. They can change the TOS whenever they want - without warning. Legally.

Find me a lawyer that says otherwise.

17. Dang, willy just gave you a virtual knockout!

18. Exactly willy. "Change terms of use at anytime without warning". Kaw hasn't changed ****. They put an ultimatum out there to people using their naming system in a way they never foresaw. 30 characters for a name is ridiculous.

19. But what the hell do I care. Do you see a Rancor achievement on my profile? NO. And I like my name just the way it is.