Estoc Trials - Long User Names

Discussion in 'Past Events' started by admin, May 2, 2013.

1. Looks like NaF Kings did great without barcodes

2. I agree that they should be allowed given a free name change. As someone brought up before, they would have done it thinking it was a legitimate strategy, like making a barcode name. They thought that since barcodes were allowed, they'd be allowed that. Now it's been explained, so now they know.

So players who currently have the name should be given a free name change. But anyone that makes one from now on, should have to change it at their own cost.

That's my opinion anyway.

3. Devs plz don take my rancor lvls!!! Plz plz. I change name like good KaW boy but still win. 

4. Not just thought it was a legitimate strategy, told earlier by admin that it was a legitimate strategy.
    When others complained about these long names earlier, they were told all use names that don't break tou are allowed and a fair war strategy. So, rather than face a disadvantage, lots of clans employed them.
    Now suddenly the right person complains, and they are an illegal exploit, and clans who adopted it are punished financially. Seems fair.

5. As always devs break under the immense pressure of not receiving more troll gold to stash away under their huge egos ... Exactly what is the price of a dev ? Maybe I'd line to buy one myself and see how the other side lives ..

6. Re: hot to post a link

But

7. Against the spirt of the game ? Can someone please tell me when KAW became all politically correct ?

8. I really don't get why people change their names...u won't be targeted if u have the same name as u had before... it's a waste of money

9. How can devs said long name by MMMMWWWWWWWWWW can't seen clearly? I can seen all their name with my android clearly!!! Better u closed ur games devs, u talking like a children.

10. Ever since this drama had started, i havent got one nobilty point from quests i have done. Earlier i used to get nobility point drops pretty frequently (once every 150-175 quests). Guess you devs really want my 2$ instead of letting us have a free name change. Why did you allow 30 characters to be allowed in a name in the first place?

11. Proof has been provided that devs ok'd the long names thanks to those players. And yet devs still will not address their refusal to refund paid for legitimate at time of purchase names they now blackmail players to replace buy paying real money for.
    Devs know they are in the wrong and acting illegally and hide from this thread as a result. No respect left for them
    Will never make another purchase in this game whilst devs treat paying customers in this manner.

12. The tracking should be made easy by any way, e.g. some hash code or player ID, that will never change. Possibility to make simple link from some report and share it with friend by just clicking will do too.

I am a programmer by the way, so I know there are often simple solutions to satisfy customers if you play fair and think good... I hope all this is not about money, marketing strategy and alibi.

13. WE WANT A REFUND!! SPIRIT OF EE MY ASS!! It clearly states having 30 characters in a name isn't against TOU,, how is it even consider an exploit?? So we are punished by what we can do and limit from what we are able to do aswell? Funny how DEVS threaten to take away our EE accomplishments for mistakes they made.. Hey guys,, spend 2 dollars/fatten up the devs pocket or risk gettin UR EE achievements taken away ! I call that blackmail . Thx again DEVS ..

14. Well, to put it this way it's an exploit because the name can't be seen by the system. It goes off the screen=not a thing that's allowed now

15. Quit complaining, getting butthurt at the creators of a free game on iPhone is plain stupid. ATA is subject to change whatever rule they feel is appropriate to change, at any time. I don't care if you have spent your allowance on this game or stole from your moms purse to buy xtals, that doesn't mean you have say in what happens here.

16. devs increase name changes to 100 nob points and ppl will not do it every day when feel to confuse enemy ad exploid in wars

btw the biggest exploid are guild hansels who totally break ee wars, first why they got more mith??? for what? they should have same mith drop ratio as other builds

17. [​IMG]

Months Ago

• Genius 1 : "Hey bro....I figured something out....

Genius 2 : "What's that, bro?"

Genius 1 : "If we make our names max characters, with mostly uppercase lettered M's, or W's, the tail end of our name goes outside of the parameters of the system, and it will be damn near impossible to track us in a system war..."

Genius 2 : "Let's change the names of everyone in our clan, and score some legitimate wins in EE!!"

Genius 1 : "Yeah, legitimate!!" Hahahahahaahahaha!

Genius 2 : "Hahahahahahahaha!!"

Present Day

• Genius 1 : "They said if we don't change our names back within the parameters of the system, we could lose all we have gained thus far in our legitimate campaign for EE dominance.

Genius 2 : "That's ********. Well, they're paying for it."

Genius 1 : "Nope. They are not."

Genius 2 : "What? That's not fair!!"

kaw_admin : "If you use wide letters in your name, namely "W" or "M", to make your name so long that it doesn't even fit in our game's interface, then your opponents have NO chance of combating this. This is against the spirit of competition and is not allowed."

Genius 1 : "Who cares about them...WHAT ABOUT MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!?"

Genius 2 : "I paid to make my name too big for the parameters of KAW so I could exploit the system! ITS NOT FAIR I HAVE TO PAY TO CHANGE IT BACK! YOU SUCK DEVS!!

Genius 1 : "I am not spending another dime on this game in protest!! (except for xtals for this EE, my name change, and maybe some more nobs for inferno and xtals for aqua to enchant all my new equipment....BUT THAT'S IT!)

Naked and Famous Kings...

I have fought you guys before, and was subsequently dominated. You are all a fine tuned war machine. When clans are dominated by someone, they look for excuses. Your names were the #1 complaint.

Get rid of your long ass names, and look what you have? A win. And it was against the Regulators, who are one of the more talented war clans, which tells me that your past wins were legit.

My point...

Exploits aren't needed...just activity, good commanders, good strategy and a favorable matchup. Doesn't it feel good to have a real account name again...some self-recognition, instead of being a lemming for some EE wins?

Props to ATA for issuing a spanking for screwing around with their work to make the system fair for all.

18. @melissa. Free my ass
    If you war without xtals you lose it's pay to play
    Buy the right to use a name and then you get told you aren't allowed to war for reward. That is blackmail from devs
    Willy no one I have seen is arguing that they won't change name
    Cannot track?? Yeah you can track them as many have said. Yes it takes more effort and has been done many times effectively don't expect the genius's to tell everyone else how to track a long name player or any other barcode for that matter.
    Crying over a loss is insane it's war who cares win or lose as always stated respect the opponent
    All the fuss on copy and paste then surely that's an exploit as I devices cannot copy and paste names anyway so PC users are using an exploit then by that reckoning. Where do you stop??
    No one is saying they cannot win without long names.
    People are rightly complaining that
    1 ata allowed the use of the names 30 characters as long as it doesn't breach tou at time of purchase
    2 ata have changed the rules and are refusing customers the right to use a product they paid for ( that's actually against consumer law )

Ata are required to refund or exchange the product that they offered for sale and allow an appropriate replacement without demanding further payment.

Citing an example already made. If you go to the movies and are asked to leave halfway through because your name begins with w guess what it's illegal
    Get over accusing people of crying over names. People do not want and will not accept the devs blackmailing players.
    The devs move was ill conceived and poorly implemented
    For the sake of a simple free exchange of name and the new rules are ----- there would of been no hostility from any reasonable player
    Instead the devs stated that you must pay to change your name or not be allowed the rewards from a certain aspect of the game because we have changed the rules.
    It's a stupid argument kaw didn't need and could of easily avoided but they chose the blackmail route
    That anyway is my final word on this if ata resort to forcing people to pay I cannot see the point.

19. Does this also include the pdbq names?

20. It's pointless complaining. You all no the devs dont care about their players. Thats why they very rarely/barely ever respond back in their own threads. Because they dont care. They sit around thinking of ways to make ppl spend money. Like eb's for example. "Hey brilliant idea. Lets make a eb that regens 25% health or 1.5m of its life bar every 15-30 mins. So ppl HAVE to buy xtals to actually complete these eb's or the regen times alone will cause them to fail". Its for this reason that i play less and less of ATA games. And actual have found funner and better games. Just browse the appstore. Theres a lot of games out there. Just gotta look.