Does anyone else miss merc wars?

Discussion in 'Wars' started by xX___SIR_JAFFET___Xx, Apr 18, 2013.

1. It's all about devs making money and giving no support back, game is getting worse by the week......

2. SUPER SUPPORT

CALL IT "SLUG FEST"

3. Full support for this. Let the carnage begin

4. Quad I have to disagree with your first statement completely. Old system was full of awesome strategy. Most didn't understand the system well enough to figure that out.

Actually only 3 people come to mind, Yoongy, res_Val, and not to toot my horn, myself.

I remember in the heavy merc days 46/res/Os mercing into wars daily together and we never loss. No matter how bad it was when we joined.

Like I said when equipment was released to ebs and like I said when all this EE talk started. If they would have treated old system like ebs or EE and put the equipment drops there it would have never died. Ata just kept taking away from them until it wasn't even worth the effort to war. Kinda sucks they just let that part of the game fall to the wayside. Much like bl and many other aspects. Oh well such is life.

Let get our merc on!

5. They need to bring back pwars

6. Just make the KO times shorter in longer wars like this, like 5 mins

7. Full support. Merc wars were great :D

8. And yeah I remember those marathons lol 

Who remembers Pinning the inactives on your own roster to stop the bleeding!

The mad rush to find leaks in the last hours!

The hits from outside when rosters were full!

Yeah those were good times but us as players became too savvy and learned to exploit a system just to build massive gold generating machines. And it just snowballed from there.

The rest is history....

9. Darth- i think we all remember the best parts lol

10. @ darth.

The death of systems wars was the fight from pin strategy.... Countless hours of sweeping roster looking for a target....

I think that the new war system would be cool with open rosters..

Profit. Both sides would go crazy trying to get a res, os, or merc inc on their side.... Cause others would follow

I made more kaw friends in that time...

11. I miss the good ole merc days. Lol that's all I use to do

12. Haha. Old style MERC wars rocked. Before the pwar and EB era. I met many on KAW and learned many lessons from them wars. One good one was at THE FRIDGE clan. So many mercs on both sides in what started out as a friendly war.

Tdubbs . Jaffet 

13. some of the best and most enjoyable wars I've been in were merc wars, and it wasnt always ones where I was on the winning side. I found pin wars boring, but before that fad the wars were great fun

14. YES!!!!!!

15. A lot of memories from replies...

Dreg
    vNv

One war stands out for me.... XFactor Vs Soa

Thanks T

16. Old style merc wars where the fun of the time, aside from the obvious OSW and such.

I remember one in particular, CAS. vs - Resurrection - . Pure carnage, entering while pinned, timing the entering, always having non-participants there to clean those that were partaking, and the initial scramble to get all those LB and SW maniacs. Several in particular, SushiKing, Res', Os, Merc Inc.'s, and some from Rawwrrr. Always found several travelling in packs, forgoing eb and PW, to jump from sw to sw, earning their keep and making the pot gold.

Full support to bring these back, they were filled with enjoyment. Especially with the KO system. Although I would forego the everyone active from the start thing for such a long war, not everyone can commit to that.

Settling disputes with old style, and new systems.

17. Lol Jaffy was that the one where I started in X Factor. The other side was was going to ff. I think I ask Damm if he wanted me go to other side and merc it out. Then as merc wars go it got out of hand. Lol. Sorry bout that. Lol

18. Lol yep good times

19. But with 24 xtal limit per 24 hrs.. We want crazy lets get crazy.. We will have our fun and devs will have their 