Canadian Parliament Shooting (discussion)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Nathan_WINNING, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Today, Parliament Hill went under lockdown after a man with a rifle shot and killed a soldier at the National War Memorial in Ottawa before stealing a car and driving to Parliament Hill itself. About 30-50 shots were fired in the building (mostly by police and guards) who killed the gunman "just outside the caucus room" (tweeted by NDP MP Craig Scott)

Police have not released whether or not the gunman was a Canadian citizen, but CNN reports that he was "radicalized" and may have had ties to ISIS (I think he had no ties whatsoever). The Canadian Parliament was unharmed and only 2-3 other people received minor injuries.

Stephen Harper, Canadian PM, is scheduled to make an appearance tonight relating to the incident later today.

What do you think caused the gunman to do this?

Any other questions, opinions, or responses relating to this topic are welcome to be discussed.

2. 
    That is all
    

3. I think he got tired of seeing ads on kaw wc so he noob raged.

4. We'll I have to agree with you on the idea that he didn't have ties to Isis. It seems to me like the victim at the memorial was the primary target and the assault on the parliament was an afterthought. My guess is that something will turn up between the gunman and the victim. Short of that I would expect the gunman to have suffered a mental break and this was the outcome.

5. Who cares what CNN thinks. Lets wait n see what comes out if all the info ever does. My condolences goes out to the soldiers family. As for FIN who cares where ur born its an accident of birth.

6. Give me 1 reason we shouldn't glass the Middle East and Africa.

Pro tip: you can't.

7. He just lost his spot on medals lb. So good for him

8. This stuff just doesn't happen in the UK, I guess we do have the fuzz though

[​IMG]

9. In the UK people just get beheaded while people stand around. Right?

10. of of the shooters was a recent converter of Islam , maybe inspired by ISIS

11. Sure sluard

Someone shouts "get that man's head!"

It's messy.

12. That's the kinda **** that happens when guns get banned.

13. This is what we know:
    man shoots in ottawa
    Drives a car in that building
    possible multiple gunmen

HOW THE **** CAN WE FIND OUT WHY ON THIS FORUM

14. It's like one of those maths questions

An apple weighs 10grams
    A banana weighs 8grams

What is the diameter of the sun?

15. Bet it was moose

16. Sun's diameter: 1,391,684 km

17. An ISIS Twitter account has claimed the dead shooter as one of their.

Doesn't mean he was for sure.

18. Just to be sure, the sun is flat, right?

19. Of course that's what they want you to think....

20. and the earth is round, just like a pancake. And… you turn pancakes around, just like the earth turns. The fire underneath the pan (imagining its not there) is the sun. IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW