Canadian Parliament Shooting (discussion)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Nathan_WINNING, Oct 22, 2014.

1. It's the gun not the person that is responsible for the shooting.

It's the mob not the KKK that is responsible for the lynching.

It's the kid, not the mother who is responsible for being born.

Does this apply to everything because it doesn't always seem to be that way.

2. 1) Because that's where the socioeconomic conditions are currently optimal for the recruitment of people to radicalism. You have large amounts of minimally educated poor and/or unemployed people living under oppressive authoritarian regimes that are constantly exposed to militant theologists.

2) Africa is a continent, not a country. The are 47 countries on the African continent. Some are wealthy, some are not. What they have to offer depends on what one considers valuable. Economically, the continent contains about 80% of the worlds strategic minerals. Anthropologically, it's the birth place of the human species, containing diverse cultures. Africa also has varied and unique botanical and zoological specimens of plants and wildlife. Again, it depends on what one considers valuable.

And no, you can't ignore the effects that slavery and colonialism has had on the development of the continent. This is not to say that left alone Africa would be a paradise. Many of the continents problems are self created. But outside factors have also played a role.

3. Africa has caused more slavery to itself than any other people groups. Try again. They would be the same.

4. It's Isis not involved in this I believe. Somebody just has gotten mad about something. like a news saying the guy prev killed a soldier an drove several miles to convict what he has done. It's a Media want us to believe it Isis did it. (People ISIS at Canada neck US need Support! Need more solder from the north!)

5. It's not as simple as that.

The slave trade would not have been nearly as extensive without a large external market. The demand for slaves fueled internal wars and raids, which left devastation and famine it their wake. Also, western powers intervened to prevent the rise of the African centralized states in order to keep the trade flourishing. The result was the continent was left underdeveloped, disorganized, and vulnerable.

6. ^ this guy knows what he is talking about.

Bacon narwhal you honestly surprised me with your stupidity. I don't know if I had been overlooking it all this time or if you suddenly lost half your brain cells recently. But damn.

7. The slave trade? That was over 200 years ago.

How about the arming of rebel groups by the soviets and US, state backed genocides. Africa as a proxy by the east and west. Maybe I could have went a long with what you are trying to say.

That Russian and US/"western" military hardware is there for a reason.

From the junked tanks to the AK's.

8. The point being. Africa with or without the slave trade 200 years ago. Wouldn't have done well in the Cold War era to begin with.

They wouldn't have been able to resist Soviets or US influences. The technology wasn't there. The system of governance wasn't there.

I think on the lines of some of South Americas problems when it comes to Africa. It's similar in some respects. Just take out the slavery.

9. i be walking down the street GRATATA ,lookin' for ho's and boats BANG BANG

Anyways,
    The shooting was very sad althought only two people has been confirmed dead. TuK out.

10. I wonder if we'll still get all the Canadians bitching about how much America sucks because of the shootings that go down... Yeah of course we will.

11. I don't see how this incident is any different then the Canadian Rambo cop shootings.

But I'm not Canadian so I won't speak on it.

Check out the soviet era tank graveyards in Africa. Some have some good models sitting around. If you are into that kind of thing.

12. Context is everything. My post was in response to this:

"As for Africa, they offer almost nothin to the world and constantly suck in huge amounts of foreign aid.

>inb4 muh slavery
    >inb4 European oppression"

Was the slave trade and colonialism the primary reasons for current state of Africa? No. But they were contributing factors. And yes, decades of proxy war between east and west has also contributed, as have other factors.

It's a complex world and the answer to questions such as "Why is this like that?" aren't always simple.

13. [​IMG]

These are not in Africa, but rather stored in Ukraine. This is one storage facility.

Although off topic, it's does show the expanse of Cold War hardware.

Africa, in relation to Dragons post about the continent wasn't immune from Cold War politics.

Capitalism, communism. Who got to choose? The winner of the regional conflict that's who.

14. No they aren't. But answering them with telling people it's slavery and the inability of Africa to unite in a centralized government because the western powers wouldn't allow it is non sense.

You know better I hope.

15. ISIS wants a centralized government too.

16. Again, context is everything.

I wasn't telling the poster those were the reasons. The poster first brought them up, implying that they weren't factors. I indicated how they were.

17. he's my father he did that because hes awesome that was a rush but I got away safety it was no terrorist attack just my hobbie when Im waiting for my troops to regen.

18. Kingdom that's in pretty damn poor taste.

19. Hey kingdom of heaven is your secondary hobby getting your ass beat daily because you're an idiot? :p

20. We're entering a time where political correctness is getting to be dangerous