๐Ÿ”’ 2-Factor Authentication! ๐Ÿ”’

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by ATA-Beans, Jun 21, 2023.

1. Once per month per device, so if a new device logs in (such as in cases where passwords were truly unintentionally compromised) it would trip 2fa.

2. By kaws on stats there are currently 8 members signed in accounts(verified) 92 guests(unverified and 7 bots playing kaw at this moment! Those 92 unverified accounts and hopefully the 7 bots will not be here in a weeks time, clan chat will be interesting

-winger- likes this.
  3. Many clans will have to close. Sounds like a mass exodus. Devs plse rethink!

4. Unfortunately as time has shown the devs of this game have repeatedly implemented changes that were unwanted by the kawmunity and ignored the changes that we asked for. I feel that as kaw has been running so long on empty that the devs just want an out without upsetting the pay to play group! If the devs say no one is playng and shut up shop then how can we complain? Our complaints and concerns here on forums will change nothing!

5. How about thumbprint regristration with email. A. Can track who is casting for ee wars on diffrent accounts.
    B. Not alot of account sharing unless you really trust that other person.
    C. This is kinda a nice move forward yet i don't think it was totally reasoned out.

6. What a fabulous idea ! Which brainchild concocted this fantastic idea ? Can't wait for this to roll-out, it's going to drastically change the game and in my opinion a much needed change. Can we also remove inactive accounts (inactive for more than 14days)

7. directly from the forum post:

If I use Facebook or Apple ID, will this impact me in any way!?
    No. You will still be able to login via those methods.

8. Kaw wishes me to trawl thru 11 yrs of play store purchases looking for the one purchase I made, no thanks
    Good bye kaw it's been fun

9. Forget about this & get the war game back to what it started as - A WAR GAME!!! Get matchups even ffs. You have servers down do fix them. Youโ€™re loosing more & more players everyday due to inadequate investment & being greedy with the cost of nobs & crystals.

10. Plus if thereโ€™s a mass exodus what compensation is being given to peoples allies bonus ?

11. None, zip, zero, absolutely nothing, do you think that for one moment kaw cares? Not one time in my 11 years playing has kaw actually engaged the kawmunity! It's customers, consumers what ever! Even tesla engages more than kaw! Now ask yourself why now asw, well the devs far to busy on the other game but the main reasons are competitions and this! Far to busy to fuss about silly old asw!

12. If this goes though you will lose 90% of your player base. Therefore not enuf clan members left to work on the hard ebs. Those who authentified will have no other option than to play premium ebs as no or few clans to hop to.... This is a rip off for players who pay and complete disconsideration of the player base. I'm swearing alound but not in writing. I cant purchase any more since my email was hacked last summer. I always thought I wud have the option to quit when I wanted to, but devs also took that away. Sad day

13. So they are already back pedaling a bit, which is good, because in the original announcement it did not read "every 30 days"
    "How does it work?
    From the original post:
    ๐Ÿ‘‰
    If you're logging into, setting up, or changing a new ATA ID, a verification code will be sent to your e-mail address.

SMH

14. But you have to prove ownership with a purchase slip.

15. There is an easy way to get the last 5, you go to the play store, click on your icon on the top right corner, then click on payments and subscriptions..
    Then click on budget and history, and they are listed there

16. Is that necessarily a bad thing ? I think a reduction in clans would actually be a positive thing. There are currently way too many clans running long,slow EBS, a reduction in these would reduce the time for completion!

Rene_Descartes likes this.
  17. I provided more than enough information for them. Even my last 7-8 purchases. But they wonโ€™t allow me to change email because I canโ€™t tell them the purchases I made in March 2022. Devs atp are trying to kill the game.

hippy likes this.
  18. Watch out for the incentive to move to a new ata game! Coming soon no doubt!

J0YB0Y likes this.
  19. If you are using Facebook to login to KaW then you can continue using facebook and it wont be impacted.

Also if you only play the one account, and never log out, you won't be impacted.
    The once every 30 days is ON LOGIN. If you don't log out you dont have to verify :)

I hope that info helps put you at ease.
    If you need help changing the ATA ID email you can also submit a help ticket and we'll get you sorted!

20. Hey,
    I think theres a misunderstanding here. Average players, so folks that dont have alts and don't log out, will not have to verify every 30 days.
    The verification every 30days is on Login, so only if you have been switching accounts. I hope that helps with some of your concerns.

We do address allegations individually already, but we hate seeing folks get into those positions in the first place. We changed the rule to 30 days to ensure we weren't significantly burdening folks, so we hope that does help!