A long wanted update

Discussion in 'Ideas + Feature Requests' started by arkst, Oct 21, 2012.

1. There's a much easier solution to world chat and add page with regards to monitoring. Appoint more mods!

Its not a difficult task for ata to do and there are lots of potential candidates who wish to be a mod. Eagle for mod.

2. Too many mods doesn't end well. They nearly have the balance right as it is

3. Lag, lag, lag! Does nobody think of all that lag?

4. You have a point, that was another reason this idea is frowned upon.

5. My KaW already lags a bunch - with tons of chats it would be WAAAAYYYYY more lag.

6. Stop lying kat! That's only because your brother uses all your bandwidth.

7. Most realistic one it would work nice thinking arkst

8. Like the idea support

9. The clan chat seems good, but what constitutes a council? The admins? What if you want to include certain people and exclude others? Do you block them? It just seems like it would only cause problems in clans unfortunately...

And the world chat will not work, because there is no way to efficiently stop people from posting ads in the talk section. Also, the ads section will not have too many viewers, because it is just ads. Why would people use a speaker to post something that would be seen by a limited number of users? They would want maximum exposure, so they would post it to the talk section.

Its a nice thought, but unfortunately the ads are here to stay.

10. I support, good idea. Make wars alittle more strategic with council or admin chat. Keep taps on any spy's in the clan

11. @ furinfold

If there were a chat strictly for adds ppl would look there such as people that are item hunting look for say " the gilded lord" they would then look in the ads chat to find a clan that is doing strictly TGL.

To answer your other question ark also stated that ppl that placed adds in the chat only would then possibly get silenced because we now have a separate chat for adds.

Lastly council is normally for admins and owners. If you wanted to exclude person a then they probably shouldn't be an admin in the first place. Or owner can always unadmin them for the time being.

Like I said before ark well thought out well worded and I support.

12. So the most efficient way you can think of to find a specific epic battle is to sit patiently on the ad chat while your eyes get bombarded by ads? I would stay on that a total of five seconds.

Just because people would get silenced for posting ads in wc, how efficient has silencing due to spam been? So many times I have seen complaints from users stating that so and so has been spamming nonstop without a silence. And unfortunately once one person does it and gets away with it, it will happen again tenfold. Then talk turns into world chat now and ad chat turns into ally chat now.

The clan chat idea is a good idea too, but I think it would be better if they just gave an option for group messaging in private chat.

13. Furni, You can choose who's in council chat through the manage button...

14. Also, of you're wanting to talk you'll post in that section, if you want eb's you'll scan ads... It would be idiotic to post in the other chat unless there was a rebellion of sorts and everybody abandoned ads... But that won't happen