The Campaign

Discussion in 'Strategy' started by Delphin, Jan 17, 2011.

1. There are too***

2. This would be a great improvement to the kaw community, if it could happen

3. Once, i was a young noob. I believe i was only two days into my Kingdoms at War experiance. I saw everybody in wc asking for hires, and people telling them to shut the **** up. It looked like they(the noobs) were having fun. But, i didnt want to get on people's bad sides. So i nightly held wall art compettions. I deleted all of them off my wall btw.

I was spamming wc with the usual wall art compettion on my wall copy n paste. I saw some random guy* showing directions to the forums, active topics, The Campaign. From openning up this thread i went from a wc spamming noob to patient newb.

I read this thread over and over. I read the guides over and over. I went from 20k to t3bc in no time. Every guide posted in original post is worth now and then, they were worth the time it took to read them. Almost everything i know of KaW came from those guides.

I sincerly want everybody that has not read these guides, i encourage you to. Trust me, you will learn things you thought you knew.

Delphin, i have nothing but utmost respect for you. This bump for your thread is my thank you for all your time and effort it took you to make this thread, and for you to spam wc along with me 

~JackofSpades101

*That randon guy was Delphin

4. Heh. It never quite made it. Never had the support it needed. And now it be too late. Thank CoS. It does mean alot.

Heh...now how to reinitiate...

5. It worked for awhile! But I think the thread just kinda died. (Btw, Hi!) The concept is good, it just needs mass organization which KaW isn't good at. Ever.

6. No kidding. Hey spot :)

7. Let's see, failed attempts at mass organization:
    1.Heart wars
    It was a good idea until super strong players took over. I don't think many of the actual wars took place.
    2.The Country wars
    Again good idea, but it just didn't happen. Not exactly sure WHY exactly, but regardless it fell apart.

People need to learn to coordinate more. It ain't THAT hard!

8. Anybody remember this? Lol. I found it almost past the edge of regainable history. At least for me. I hold many good memories that were inspired by this thread, and I love that it actually did have an effect for a while. Turned out to be too much work though, so it fizzled out completely.

But going through my history, my i see all the conversations ive shared, all the hate that i imposed because im a self righteous, completely stubborn, and self centered asshole. I see/remember who my friends are, or were. I recognized that people i once fought against, either in forums actually had nothing but respect for me, and i had nothing but respect for them.

Soon, im going to be joining the 5 digit post count club. Oddly, it scares me to hit that 10,000 mark. I realized about 3 weeks ago that i had 9900 or so posts, and ive been trying to conserve them to my best. Now, less than 20 posts away from that point, i grow scared of what it means. Its like a milestone. I dont really see it as an achievement. I dont see it as a waste. I see the entire time that ive been here as a great learning experience, and I felt this would be a great thread to put this crap on, because itll die again just as quick as it was took me to type this all out.

But i have a new campaign for KaW. It doesn't involve work, or trying to force your ideas on noobs. Lol. But from this day forward, i want anyone who reads this to look back upon your time in KaW and think about what an experience you've had. I want you to look at KaW much the same way i have, not as a game where you hit players or EBs, not even a game where stats decide your role in the game. I want players to look at this as a learning experience, an opportunity to meet people you would otherwise never of had the privilege of knowing, of interacting with.

Personally, i've been taught so much from this place, how to stand up for myself, how to learn from mistakes, how to stand up for whats right, even when nobody else will. How to stand up for your friends, even when you know they were wrong. Ho top become best friends with someone an entire world away. I've been taught about every controversial topic in the book on these forums, and its from those discussions or debates that i've found my own voice, my own set of morals, my own opinions, and the backbone to defend them.

Im not sure where i went with that, and now i debate with myself whether i should post this, and bump my own thread, which is a pretty prickish move in my books.. but.. yea, thanks KaW forums, you're a better source of learning and entertainment than most people realize.

Thanks.

9. Holy crap, this thread was created when I was still a noob.

10. Support to that.

I don't think some people reali(s/z)e how KaW actually shapes people. Maybe not them… But this game can reform your entire personality. For better, I think. Yeah, KaW's not real life. But your actions here are sometimes intertwined with those of your life. Some people may take un/subconcious lessons from the game.

The community here... Is spectacular in some ways and downright terrible in others.

I definitely love KaW for that. Maybe not the game itself anymore, but the game's spirit, the people growing and learning and maybe even being reshaped as better people in real life.

There will always be trolls, noobs, whatever. But the community here is a true gem.

11. Wow...
    Well said delphin.

12. I remember this.

13. I never saw this...
    I wish i did.

14. I forgot about this and thought it was about the new movie

Support, should it still be ongoing.

15. New page, strippers discussion is invalid.

16. Strippers discussion is now invalidated because I said so, and I am an all powerful chocolatier. (True but long story.)

17. If only this were still even feasible...

18. Tiger is stupid.

ALL YOUR POSTS ARE INVALID.